PDA

View Full Version : Wide Outs

Lee-83
11-29-2006, 08:19 AM
To win this weekend, our wide outs must have the game of the season, because they'll be able to stop the run, and they have a weak secondary.

bigbub2352
11-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Problem is we get Josh i cant get open Reed back i think he hurts us in the passing game as much as he helps in the running game, let Roscoe do his thing as number 3 and see what happens

Kerr
11-29-2006, 08:34 AM
I would assume the gameplan would determine the rotation between parrish and reed. For instance, if the bills play a good run defense, they would be more likely to pass more, which means parrish w/ his speed would be ideal. Same with Reed. Play a good secondary, play the better run blocker, reed. However, if you play a defense like the bears, you just pick your poison. You kill bad secondaries with speed. You kill bad run defenses with good run blocking. Having said all that, parrish should be #3 even reed was ready to go because the chargers pass defense is weaker than their run defense.

Lee-83
11-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Reed get's open 100x more than Price does, and he's Jp's favorite reciever besides Lee, and I think it's great we get him back!

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Willis and A-Train has to have the game of their life more than anyone on the team. The running game keeps their O off the field.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Problem is we get Josh i cant get open Reed back i think he hurts us in the passing game as much as he helps in the running game, let Roscoe do his thing as number 3 and see what happens
Reed was the most dependable wr prior to his injury. He was JP's favorite checkdown. He bailed out JP several times last year and this year especially when JP has had to throw from out of the pocket.. He's made critical catches for 1st downs. He's also the best blocking wr we have on the team. Had Evans gotten his breakout game early in the season, Reed would've benefited from it just like Parrish.

IF Cieslak turns out to be another go to guy , JP will have several choices to throw to including Reed. Teams are gonna have to pick their poison especially if our running game becomes a weapon.I'm glad we resigned Reed.