PDA

View Full Version : Merriman's return should JUICE up Chargers 'D'

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
The NFL officially lifted the suspension Nov. 27 and Merriman will be back at practice Nov. 29. He is expected to play Dec. 3 against Buffalo, but he already began to be noticed this week.

Upon reporting to the Chargers training facility, Merriman predicted to reporters that the Chargers "are going to win the Super Bowl."

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9834483

Must be roid withdrawal.

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 10:49 AM
We're going to derail his dreams, starting this weekend.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
I love stuff like this. The guy has been out for 4 weeks and comes back to make his bold prediction even though he hasn't been on the field for a month. Whatever.

RBI90
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I personally wish he hadn't made a prediction like that. But Merriman choose not to appeal in order to miss only one Denver game and not both. The fact that the Chargers managed to go 4-0 while he was out speaks wonders for the team.

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
The TV announcers are going to be jumping all over Merriman's return like they did with St. Tedi Bruschi. :ill:

Romes
11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I hope they don't celebrate the return of a roid user. This should be back page news.

gr8slayer
11-29-2006, 11:52 AM
I personally wish he hadn't made a prediction like that. But Merriman choose not to appeal in order to miss only one Denver game and not both. The fact that the Chargers managed to go 4-0 while he was out speaks wonders for the team.
I dont think anyone doubts how good the Chargers are but the fact is anyone can beat anyone at any time.

Were not exactly a push over.

BillsNick
11-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, but he won't have the aid of steroids like before. Reminds me of a movie, The Program, Steve Lattimer

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
If we can keep pace with Indy, at Indy, we have a chance to beat the Chargers at home.

RBI90
11-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I've already stated that any team can win on any given Sunday, but I like the Chargers chances.

I never said the Bills were pushovers, I actually think the game will be close.

I know that you were able to hang with Indy at Indy, but you also lost to Detroit. Good teams just don't lose to the Lions.

It all depends on which Bills team shows up to play on Sunday.

BillsNick
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I've already stated that any team can win on any given Sunday, but I like the Chargers chances.

I never said the Bills were pushovers, I actually think the game will be close.

I know that you were able to hang with Indy at Indy, but you also lost to Detroit. Good teams just don't lose to the Lions.

It all depends on which Bills team shows up to play on Sunday.

We were a different team when we played Detroit.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Why doesn't he just come out and say he's the best lb or rb in the league .

:couch:

Bling
11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
He's going to go ape****. It's going to be funny watching Losman put on the deer in headlights look.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:41 PM
He's going to go ape****. It's going to be funny watching Losman put on the deer in headlights look.
worry about your own team Bling. The jags are looking to redeem themselves especially their front 4 and take it out on Joey. I hope Lemon is healthy for your sake.
BTW, is Brown playing or is Morris your featured back ?

mjl619
11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes, but he won't have the aid of steroids like before.

The test he failed was in August. He'd had over a dozen tests before and a few tests after that he passed. I have no idea how long the effects last...but if you feel he wont have the advantage of them this time, without knowing the offense was a couple months before it was reported and that he'd passed tests since then, I think it would be logical for you to assume he'd been playing without them for most of the season.

Bling
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
worry about your own team Bling. The jags are looking to redeem themselves especially their front 4 and take it out on Joey. I hope Lemon is healthy for your sake.
BTW, is Brown playing or is Morris your featured back ?

Every team gets their lucky day. Miami beat the Bears, Bills beat the Jags. Bills won't get lucky twice in a year. JMO.

I totally expect a loss, hope for a win, and know that Miami is going to find out where they're going this week. If they win this, they have a great shot at the playoffs. Jets at home, Bills and NE at home, then Indy last week (where they rest Manning, Addai, Harrison). If Miami can't win vs. Jags, seasons over.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Every team gets their lucky day. Miami beat the Bears, Bills beat the Jags. Bills won't get lucky twice in a year. JMO.

I totally expect a loss, hope for a win, and know that Miami is going to find out where they're going this week. If they win this, they have a great shot at the playoffs. Jets at home, Bills and NE at home, then Indy last week (where they rest Manning, Addai, Harrison). If Miami can't win vs. Jags, seasons over.
We can easily beat the fins. Our gameplan is already in place. On D, we're starting our 3rd stringers and practice squad against BOOOlarkey. That'll send him in a panic mode.

BillsNick
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
The test he failed was in August. He'd had over a dozen tests before and a few tests after that he passed. I have no idea how long the effects last...but if you feel he wont have the advantage of them this time, without knowing the offense was a couple months before it was reported and that he'd passed tests since then, I think it would be logical for you to assume he'd been playing without them for most of the season.

Didn't Barry Bonds "pass" a bunch of roid tests?

Reality Check
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Damnit!:rage:

I love Shawne. He's a freaking monster. Fun as hell to watch. But ***** like this?

He needs to keep his mouth shut.:fit:

Reality Check
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Other Charger fans are saying that is Adam Schefter writting.:oops:

They say he said that preseason not yesterday. I hope thats true.

mjl619
11-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Didn't Barry Bonds "pass" a bunch of roid tests?

No clue. There's something wrong if the tests aren't consistent though. Not saying that Merriman was or wasn't doing it the whole time. No way for me to know that, but if he was and the tests say he was clean there's a problem there.

patmoran2006
11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Why doesn't he just come out and say he's the best lb or rb in the league .

:couch:
Shawn Merriman IS the best LB in the league.

gr8slayer
11-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Shawn Merriman IS the best LB in the league.
Ray Lewis is and always has been the best in the league.