PDA

View Full Version : What about Willis?

raphael120
11-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see him stay as long as this O-Line situation gets squared away and he keeps playing with some fire under his butt like the last game. I think we need to lock up the playmakers we have and make room for some impact draft picks.

Pride
11-29-2006, 12:18 PM
If he demands top 5 RB money.. don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

If he is reasonable, and asks for top 15 money... then sure! Keep him!

raphael120
11-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeh that's the major thing. He has been injured, and i think if he finishes out the season playing well, he will demand mroe money. the big factor here tho, does mcgahee see this team as heading in the right direction and see the bills as a contender and does mcgahee see himself as being a piece to that puzzle? i am liking the attitudes of alot of the players now, and one thing i do notice is mcgahee is starting to play a little more humbled??? even just a tad. with jauron bringing this team together i think you may see a change in mcgahee that warrents him to want to stick around in buffalo to help this team grow and become the contender we hope this team turns out to be in the next few years. but i also see him going after the big money if another team throws him the money. but in that case, what teams do you think would offer up the big bucks to get mcgahee from us?

RBI90
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
If he demands top 5 RB money.. don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

If he is reasonable, and asks for top 15 money... then sure! Keep him!

Really??? You would let him walk? I don't know where you are with the cap, but I just don't see how you let someone like him go. If anything you sign him then strengthen your o-line through the draft or free agency. I think if you can protect JP and keep Willis you can hang with a lot of teams despite your defense.

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Again guys isn't Willis already under contract next season?

raphael120
11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Again guys isn't Willis already under contract next season?

well with rosenass as his agent, you never know if he'll want to hold out or what. but how many years did we sign him for when we got him in the 2003 draft? dont you normally sign for at least 5 years when ur a top draft pick? meaning we'd have him til 2008?

Pride
11-29-2006, 12:29 PM
RB's in my opinion, are a dime a dozen. With good/great OLmen and a proper offensive game plan... you could stick a 7th round draft pick back there and they can run for 100 yards per game. Hell... Denver all but proved that!

So... if it came down to having 30 million in cap room... needing 2-3 OLmen, a Stud DT, or keeping an immature, over-hyped, average production back who cannot take the weight of the team on his shoulders... then yeah... I'd dump him.

There are only a handful of backs in this league that are worth that kind of money... they are the backs that can get 100 yards a game regardless of the line blocking for them. They are backs who can catch the ball out of the backfield, who can make people miss tackles. IMO, Willis is NOT one of those backs.

ICE74129
11-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't see Willis being as big an issue as I once did. Unless he flat out just wants out of buffalo we will re sign him and do so after addressing the OL which will make him happy

DynaPaul
11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd sign him for what his stats justify. Right now his stats aren't very impressive so he can get an average deal.