PDA

View Full Version : There is a possibility we might have to play the Ravens 2 times in a row

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
If we make the playoffs it's going to be a wild-card and depending on how Baltimore finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th), would that change their strategies at all if we need to win the game against them to make the playoffs & have them as a opponent in the first round??

ICE74129
11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Bring it!

RBI90
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
If all that happens, I don't see the Bills beating the Raven twice at Baltimore.

Devin
11-29-2006, 01:40 PM
If all that happens, I don't see the Bills beating the Raven twice at Baltimore.

To say the least.

If we play Baltimore's defensive starters JP may be killed on the field.

gr8slayer
11-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I dont even want to hear the word play-offs untill we can prove we can beat an elite team. Chargers, Colts, Ravens etc........

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 03:27 PM
wtf is up with this thread? So many unlikely things would have to happen for this to be a possibility that it's not even worth discussing at this point.

Bling
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
ROFL. Does anyone else laugh that he think you guys are going to the playoffs?

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 03:38 PM
ROFL. Does anyone else laugh that he think you guys are going to the playoffs?

I can't tell if it's funny or pathetic. I just know that most Bills fans are smarter than that.

I'd love to see us win the last 5 and make the playoffs, and I'm not discounting the possibility entirely, but I also know that it's incredibly unlikely to happen. At this point, I'll be happy if we can finish 3-2 to make .500 and JP continues to play well.

Bling
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
I can't tell if it's funny or pathetic. I just know that most Bills fans are smarter than that.

I'd love to see us win the last 5 and make the playoffs, and I'm not discounting the possibility entirely, but I also know that it's incredibly unlikely to happen. At this point, I'll be happy if we can finish 3-2 to make .500 and JP continues to play well.

I mean, he's already thinking about playoff tickets and playoff scenarios. I wouldn't be surprised if he already thinks the Bills are representing the AFC. Take it one step at a time. I like the Dolphins chance, but c'mon, I'm not buying tickets for the Super Bowl knowing the Dolphins are already there. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I mean, he's already thinking about playoff tickets and playoff scenarios. I wouldn't be surprised if he already thinks the Bills are representing the AFC. Take it one step at a time. I like the Dolphins chance, but c'mon, I'm not buying tickets for the Super Bowl knowing the Dolphins are already there. :rolleyes:

he gets way too excited and he's inconsistent. As soon as the Bills show remote signs of competence, he thinks we're the best team in football. But when we lose 40-7, he's got all kinds of excuses about why we're not as bad as we look.

I'm feeling better about this Bills team than I have at any point over the last two years, and I think that's how most of us feel- but the rest of us also know that we're not there yet.

Bling
11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
he gets way too excited and he's inconsistent. As soon as the Bills show remote signs of competence, he thinks we're the best team in football. But when we lose 40-7, he's got all kinds of excuses about why we're not as bad as we look.

I'm feeling better about this Bills team than I have at any point over the last two years, and I think that's how most of us feel- but the rest of us also know that we're not there yet.

Exactly. If you win out, you deserve it. To beat SD and Jax will be impressive. Then beat a division rival like Miami. Balt and I think it was Tenn.

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Exactly. If you win out, you deserve it. To beat SD and Jax will be impressive. Then beat a division rival like Miami. Balt and I think it was Tenn.

I am Dedicating this to Bling, watch it and you'll see why :respect: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yok3hpPP44

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 03:57 PM

Geez OP, he said IF . Let him have his dream.

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 04:01 PM

What do you know, you think your chargers are winning the game this sunday.

raphael120
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
i try not to get my hopes up, but if the bills win sunday, ill give into the fact that they have a shot to run the table. but right now we pulled off some very close wins, have to realize that if any tiny thing was different in those games we'd be looking at 3-8

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
i try not to get my hopes up, but if the bills win sunday, ill give into the fact that they have a shot to run the table. but right now we pulled off some very close wins, have to realize that if any tiny thing was different in those games we'd be looking at 3-8

Or if any tiny thing was different on the other side of the coin, we are 8-3.

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM

We already beat Jax. Baltimore will be tough if they have something to play for. If they rest their starters, we have a better than average shot at winning. SD, Miami at home, the Jets and Tenn are the other remaining games.

Tennessee isn't that good but they've been playing well. I hope we kick the **** out of them because I HATE those ****ers.

I don't know what to make of the Miami game. The Bills beat them in Miami the first time around and the Fish historically struggle late in the year, particularly in cold places like Buffalo. But both teams are playing better than they were in that first meeting so it's really tough to say. At this point I'd give Buffalo a slight edge just because of home field and the weather.

The Jets are overacheiving and will be tough in the Meadowlands.

I think we can beat Tennessee and Baltimore cuz they'll rest their starters. I think the Chargers and the Jets will beat us, and the Miami game will determine if we make .500 or not.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
If we make the playoffs it's going to be a wild-card and depending on how Baltimore finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th), would that change their strategies at all if we need to win the game against them to make the playoffs & have them as a opponent in the first round??you won't play them twice in a row

TigerJ
11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Let's cross one bridge at a time. Buffalo has 6 losses. Practically speaking they have to be undefeated through the remaining five games to have a reasonable shot at a wild card spot. I won't say they can't, but I'd just as soon get a little further along before I start making my playoff plans.

!Papacrunk!
11-29-2006, 06:06 PM
it's funny that you (Skooby) went out of your way to make a thread specifically stating that Miami will not make the playoffs, yet you continue to make threads like this--we have just as much chance as you guys do, and really that chance isn't the best. If you guys do, it would be quite an achievement to "run the tables" and make the playoffs, but there is just too much talent in the AFC right now. IF it happens, I'll be here congratulating you guys, since I've never had a problem in the past doing so. I'm not sure if that would really happen the other way, but so be it.

BAM
11-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I can dig it.

Bring on the Ravens! If it happens, I'll try to make both of the games!

Wooooooooooo!

YardRat
11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
One game at a time.

I'm concerned about San Diego this week. I'll worry about the Ravens when we play them at the end of the year.

BAM
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
I hear you, yardrat but I can still dig it.

Unlikely, yeah. Impossible, no.

:smoke: :D

TigerJ
11-29-2006, 09:59 PM
it's funny that you (Skooby) went out of your way to make a thread specifically stating that Miami will not make the playoffs, yet you continue to make threads like this--we have just as much chance as you guys do, and really that chance isn't the best. If you guys do, it would be quite an achievement to "run the tables" and make the playoffs, but there is just too much talent in the AFC right now. IF it happens, I'll be here congratulating you guys, since I've never had a problem in the past doing so. I'm not sure if that would really happen the other way, but so be it.I'll be more than a little surprised if either of our teams make it, but Miami, like the Bills certainly deserve congratulations if they do.

!Papacrunk!
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I'll be more than a little surprised if either of our teams make it, but Miami, like the Bills certainly deserve congratulations if they do.

I appreciate that. Any of Miami's success will be coming 90% from our defense. Winning when we had a negative yardage in a game won't happen that often, but that's a little reassuring, since Brown will be out for a bit.

I've said this before, but too bad the success that either of teams have been having, couldn't have jump started sooner

Mitchy moo
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
remember 3rd seed plays the 6th seed. Baltimore should be the 3rd & ...................

Mitchy moo
12-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Is this the way it's going to go?