PDA

View Full Version : Bills Front Four Getting Pressure

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
"They had a great game plan," said Jaguars quarterback David Garrard. "They pretty much dropped everyone in coverage and let their pass rush do the job. They had a pretty good pass rush all day."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4439

ICE74129
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
"They had a great game plan," said Jaguars quarterback David Garrard. "They pretty much dropped everyone in coverage and let their pass rush do the job. They had a pretty good pass rush all day."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4439

Thats great. Good for us we are playing against moron OC's or they would just keep trucking us with their run game.

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
They're finally getting it together in the passing game, thanks to Tripplett stepping up and Hargrove. The run D still sucks though.

Saratoga Slim
11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
the Run D is awful. part of the reason we're getting consistent pressure on the QB may be that the front 4 are getting carte blanche to rush upfield after the QB on pretty much every play. I think that's how the Tampa-2 is supposed to work, but the Tampa-2 working well should also stop the run better than we are (look at Chicago, which runs the same D and is tough to run on). Don't know exactly what we're doing wrong, but something's broke.

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
the Run D is awful. part of the reason we're getting consistent pressure on the QB may be that the front 4 are getting carte blanche to rush upfield after the QB on pretty much every play. I think that's how the Tampa-2 is supposed to work, but the Tampa-2 working well should also stop the run better than we are (look at Chicago, which runs the same D and is tough to run on). Don't know exactly what we're doing wrong, but something's broke.

one major problem is that we don't quite have cover 2 personnel. This staff only had one off-season to pick their players.

Another problem is Takeo Spikes. I hate to bash the guy because he's one of my favorite guys on the team, but he just hasn't contributed since coming back from the two injuries. I don't know if it's because he's not 100% healthy yet or because the Achilles injury affected him permanently. But right now, he's not getting it done.

Also, I think the youth of our safeties hurts a little too. Hopefully they'll get better at recognizing runs so they can cheat in and be more of a factor in the running game. This is one area where Bowen excels, but he's simply not the athlete that Simpson and Whitner are, which (combined with injuries) is why he doesn't play much S.

YardRat
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
It's imperative in the Tampa 2 to get pressure/penetration from the front four.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't know if it's because he's not 100% healthy yet.that's it IMO. He'll recover. I have confidence.