PDA

View Full Version : Why did we draft McGahee and release Henry?

HHURRICANE
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
This is why I think TD was one of the biggest morons in Bills history. Henry has been a very good back for TN this year. He has played less games and has better numbers than Willis on a team that isn't as good as this one.

I'm sorry but Willis is by far the most overrated player on this team. I'm not saying he sucks, or really sure if we keep him long term, but I don't think we are vastly better with him on the roster.

venis2k1
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
best player available.

venis2k1
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
willis is highly overrated, he gets 1 TD per about 50 carries, he is a good back, but a franchise back? i dont think so. not even close. he however knows to stay away from 14 year old girls though.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
This is why I think TD was one of the biggest morons in Bills history. Henry has been a very good back for TN this year. He has played less games and has better numbers than Willis on a team that isn't as good as this one.

I'm sorry but Willis is by far the most overrated player on this team. I'm not saying he sucks, or really sure if we keep him long term, but I don't think we are vastly better with him on the roster.

Travis Henry wasn't released. He was traded for a 3rd Round pick.

ICE74129
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
best player available. BPA? Larry Johonson went after willis. Try again.

EDS
11-29-2006, 03:22 PM
BPA? Larry Johonson went after willis. Try again.

Ouch (at least if you meant Larry Johnson).

JoeMama
11-29-2006, 04:00 PM
It's difficult to assess Willis McGahee fairly.

He doesn't have the luxury of an offensive line that's known for its run-blocking.

Larry Johnson is obviously one hell of a runningback, but he still has the benefit of a great run-blocking offensive line despite a lot of the Chief's personnel changes during the offseason. Kansas City is a lot like Denver in the sense that they have a solid run-blocking scheme in place that compensates for player turnover.

As far as Travis Henry; I was -- & remain -- one of his biggest & most loyal fans.

I still keep track of his career in Tennessee b/c of the toughness & heart he displayed in Buffalo. He managed 1300+ yards on a broken leg & torn rib cartiledge. Which makes him a textbook bad mother****er.

So I was pretty broke up when Tom Donahoe traded him.

But even I'm not sure how well he'd be doing if he were still in Buffalo right now. The offensive line, despite it's vast improvement in pass protection recently, is still not a strong run-blocking unit.

PS -- You especially gotta miss Henry for his destruction of the Fish in 2002. In the snow.

Saratoga Slim
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
It's difficult to assess Willis McGahee fairly.

He doesn't have the luxury of an offensive line that's known for its run-blocking.

Larry Johnson is obviously one hell of a runningback, but he still has the benefit of a great run-blocking offensive line despite a lot of the Chief's personnel changes during the offseason. Kansas City is a lot like Denver in the sense that they have a solid run-blocking scheme in place that compensates for player turnover.

As far as Travis Henry; I was -- & remain -- one of his biggest & most loyal fans.

I still keep track of his career in Tennessee b/c of the toughness & heart he displayed in Buffalo. He managed 1300+ yards on a broken leg & torn rib cartiledge. Which makes him a textbook bad mother****er.

So I was pretty broke up when Tom Donahoe traded him.

But even I'm not sure how well he'd be doing if he were still in Buffalo right now. The offensive line, despite it's vast improvement in pass protection recently, is still not a strong run-blocking unit.

PS -- You especially gotta miss Henry for his destruction of the Fish in 2002. In the snow.

As adam schein would say, "I couldn't agree more."

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
If Willis runs with hurt ribs and gets 180 yards for us Sunday and we win the game, will he have heart then??

I think Marv, DJ and crew have a plan here.

DynaPaul
11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
If only Willis McGahee had Travis Henry's heart.

THEN we'd have a franchise back.

Bling
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree, HHURRICANE. That's one of the worst moves this franchise has made. At least NO knew Ricky Williams was a psycho. IMO, if you have something good - don't **** with it.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
TD had a 16 yr. old daughter at that time.

justasportsfan
11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I agree, HHURRICANE. That's one of the worst moves this franchise has made. At least NO knew Ricky Williams was a psycho. IMO, if you have something good - don't **** with it.bling, Henry was suspended for drugs. It wasn't the worst move this franchise made. You're just trying to find something to take a shot at the bills. Hiring your OC was one of the wrost things we did which has afected Willis production. If we hired a REAL coach instead of that idiot Moolarkey, Willis would've have had better production and this thread wouldn't have existed.

JoeMama
11-29-2006, 04:59 PM
If Willis runs with hurt ribs and gets 180 yards for us Sunday and we win the game, will he have heart then??

I think Marv, DJ and crew have a plan here.

Willis McGahee plays w/ a lot of heart. I never question whether or not he's going to give 100%.

And last week he busted up one of the league's best run D's for two touchdowns on broken ribs.

He's officially badass too.

JoeMama
11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
TD had a 16 yr. old daughter at that time.

LOL!

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I agree, HHURRICANE. That's one of the worst moves this franchise has made. At least NO knew Ricky Williams was a psycho. IMO, if you have something good - don't **** with it.

You showed your gay hand on the other post. I bet you have a picture of Ricky in that wedding dress, don't you??<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BillsFever21
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Big deal so Henry is having some success this season. What the hell did he accomplish before this season?

He missed some time due to some injury and also got suspended for drug use since he left here. He's always injured to some extent. Sure he plays through it but it still hurts his play. We really missed out on that contribution from him.

And it's not like we got rid of him for nothing. We got a 3rd round draft pick in return for him.

I like Henry but he is a bum when it comes to professional athletes. He got arrested for banging a 14 year old girl, got suspended for drug use and also was flat broke within about 2 years of signing his rookie contract. He was broke because of his drug use and gambling habits.

He was traded for them reasons and not because of his ability to play football. And if you also remember correctly the year Willis was cleared to play Henry was terrible. He cost us a lot of games and was running hard. He couldn't handle the competition. Instead of stepping up and trying to keep his job he crumbled.

I'm glad he's having some success this year. Good for him. He wasn't a right fit though.

Bling
11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
bling, Henry was suspended for drugs.

When he was with the Bills? I did not know this. I apologize for the ignorance.

It wasn't the worst move this franchise made.

No... drafting JP was. ;)

You're just trying to find something to take a shot at the bills.

Of course.

Hiring your OC was one of the wrost things we did which has afected Willis production. If we hired a REAL coach instead of that idiot Moolarkey, Willis would've have had better production and this thread wouldn't have existed.

I still can't believe Moolarkey is still our OC. He blows.

Meathead
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
wasnt it duke preston they got with that pick?

well im glad prestons here but id rather have had henry

TacklingDummy
11-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Travis doesn't have character. Good riddance. :;

HHURRICANE
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Ouch (at least if you meant Larry Johnson).

Well assuming we should have kept Henry, the pick, that we got from Atlanta for Price, would have been used for something that we really needed. Like a TE. The very next pick was Dallas Clark and we all know how that turned out!!! DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!

Captain Obvious
11-29-2006, 10:17 PM
wasnt it duke preston they got with that pick?

well im glad prestons here but id rather have had henry

The Bills drafted Ashton Youboty with the 3rd Round pick they received from Tennessee.. has he been inactive in every game? I know he missed all of preseason but can't he be at least the "dime" CB over Kiwaukee Thomas?

Marvelous
11-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I agree.. I think McGahee is more skilled/Talented and maybe smarter(Although Willis hides his smarts),,,But Henry has/had 100X teh heart and will....

Between me & my wife we have 2 Henry Plaques signed and still on display,,and i have a home Henry jersey and she has home & away.. Henry was likeable by fans and willis IMO is for teh most part liked by the fans who like & care so much about H Y P E..

I think we are a improved football team without Willis McGahee as the starter. .. I'm surprised that so many knowledgable fans stand by him...
/confused

Marvelous
11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
The Bills drafted Ashton Youboty with the 3rd Round pick they received from Tennessee.. has he been inactive in every game? I know he missed all of preseason but can't he be at least the "dime" CB over Kiwaukee Thomas?

No way. Not that i'm a Kiwaukee fan, but i thin Kiwaukee is silid for a nickel/slot or dime CB. He makes plays.. Jabari Greer seemed to always get burned. I liked Greer only because i had hoped the experience would progress him into an elite CB... IMO Youboty is miles away from being reliable :(

--Peerless came back so ya never know(Henry)....

IMO--We just need a rookie or FA RB who will go Balls-out with something to prove... A day 1 RB next year is A-ok with me....We got Willis for the Peerless pick & we have Peerless back. amybe not teh same Peerless we lost but still it's funny.

Does McGahee command a 1st round pick outright? IMO 1st round picks are for more elite players..John Abraham etc.. I'd accept a 1 or a 2nd... McGahee needs a system we're a mule style RB is super effective like Pittsburgh or Baltimore... The defense in the east(minus current Jets) is rough on up the middle backs..

mysticsoto
11-30-2006, 08:34 AM
No way. Not that i'm a Kiwaukee fan, but i thin Kiwaukee is silid for a nickel/slot or dime CB. He makes plays.. Jabari Greer seemed to always get burned. I liked Greer only because i had hoped the experience would progress him into an elite CB... IMO Youboty is miles away from being reliable :(

I have to agree here. You don't put in Youboty just b'cse he was drafted pretty high. You put in the best player period. Kiwaukee has been amazing and been playing great. He has earned the time he has played and more. Once we are completely out of the playoffs, I don't mind giving Youboty time to see what he has - but otherwise, if he's playing great, you leave him in...

gr8slayer
11-30-2006, 08:41 AM
BPA? Larry Johonson went after willis. Try again.
Not at the time of the draft.