• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

A message for the non-believers- No SD cupcakes please

We have a chance to make the playoffs and talking the team down, picking the players apart and finding negative things is good for nothing. Buy a ticket to the game if your close, watch your team and scream your freaking head off. If you want to vent, do it at the game screaming when on defense, that will help the Bills.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: A message for the non-believers- No SD cupcakes please

Skooby, what you call "finding negative things", the rest of us call "making a realistic assessment of our chances at winning the next game". And no one has to "find" negative things about this team- it's not like we just won the SB 38-0 and people are *****ing that we had to kick a FG on one drive. The negatives are pretty obvious.

You want to talk about playoffs? First you have to talk how the 26th ranked rush D is gonna stop the best RB in the NFL. Because unless we figure that one out, playoff talk is irrelevant.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
        We have a chance to make the playoffs and talking the team down, picking the players apart and finding negative things is good for nothing. Buy a ticket to the game if your close, watch your team and scream your freaking head off. If you want to vent, do it at the game screaming when on defense, that will help the Bills.

While I agree with your general sentiment, constantly being irrationally optimistic is just beyond irritating.

Its ok to be optimistic, its part of being a fan. But you cannot create some of the posts you do and not expect to be picked apart.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

What another bandwagon? COUNT ME IN DAMMIT! GO BILLS!

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
            What another bandwagon? COUNT ME IN DAMMIT! GO BILLS!

Me too. :

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

this is a message board correct, where people discuss ideas and themes a that may not be shared by everyone at the same time correct?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                    this is a message board correct, where people discuss ideas and themes a that may not be shared by everyone at the same time correct?

I got jumped on for my constant pessimism in the off-season because people found it irritating. By the same token, a lot of people find Skooby's blind optimism to be irritating.

Some of us would rather focus on this team's improvement and hoping JP can continue his success so this season seems productive, rather than be constantly reminded of what could have been with these damn playoff threads.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• scott51
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I got jumped on for my constant pessimism in the off-season because people found it irritating. By the same token, a lot of people find Skooby's blind optimism to be irritating.

Some of us would rather focus on this team's improvement and hoping JP can continue his success so this season seems productive, rather than be constantly reminded of what could have been with these damn playoff threads.
                      So Bills fans are not allowed to be excited and hope that they make the playoffs is that it? Oh, I know, its okay to hope for it just don't talk about it on the message boards right? I am a die hard Bills fan, I am excited about the team's improvement, and I to God that we can make the playoffs, even with a loss Sunday, guess what, its mathematically possible!
                      Go Bills!
                      Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                      Buffalo Bills 7-9
                      New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by scott51
                        So Bills fans are not allowed to be excited and hope that they make the playoffs is that it? Oh, I know, its okay to hope for it just don't talk about it on the message boards right? I am a die hard Bills fan, I am excited about the team's improvement, and I to God that we can make the playoffs, even with a loss Sunday, guess what, its mathematically possible!
                        right, and it's possible for me to win the lottery and it's possible for me to die in a fiery car accident driving home from work and it's possible for the next flight you take to crash into a mountain. But none of those things are going to happen.

Skooby's too hyper. He can't separate improvement from actually being good. We should be enjoying the victories, but we should also be realistic about the state of this team.

I'm hoping we're going to make the playoffs, too, as any fan should. But hoping for something and actually thinking it's going to happen are two totally different things. Skooby honestly believes it's going to happen, and that's just illogical and ridiculous at this point.
                        Last edited by OpIv37; 11-30-2006, 08:37 AM.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• scott51
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          right, and it's possible for me to win the lottery and it's possible for me to die in a fiery car accident driving home from work and it's possible for the next flight you take to crash into a mountain. But none of those things are going to happen.

Skooby's too hyper. He can't separate improvement from actually being good. We should be enjoying the victories, but we should also be realistic about the state of this team.

I'm hoping we're going to make the playoffs, too, as any fan should. But hoping for something and actually thinking it's going to happen are two totally different things. Skooby honestly believes it's going to happen, and that's just illogical and ridiculous at this point.
                          I disagree. I do agree with you that the probability of us making the playoffs are not likely to happen. However, I would not say that because someone believes the Bills will make the playoffs that they are "illogical and ridiculous". Frankly, there is no guarantee that they won't make the playoffs which is why somone could just as easily say you are "illogical and ridiculous". Again, I every night that we make the playoff and would not put money on them making the playoffs, but thats just my OPINION. People need to realize we are talking about a GAME here. Not everyone is going to feel or think the same way about the Bills.
                          Go Bills!
                          Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                          Buffalo Bills 7-9
                          New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by scott51
                            I disagree. I do agree with you that the probability of us making the playoffs are not likely to happen. However, I would not say that because someone believes the Bills will make the playoffs that they are "illogical and ridiculous". Frankly, there is no guarantee that they won't make the playoffs which is why somone could just as easily say you are "illogical and ridiculous". Again, I every night that we make the playoff and would not put money on them making the playoffs, but thats just my OPINION. People need to realize we are talking about a GAME here. Not everyone is going to feel or think the same way about the Bills.
                            You're saying that opinions can't be illogical and ridiculous, and they most certainly can be.

Fact: LT is the best RB in the NFL
                            Fact: The Bills have the 26th ranked run D
                            Fact: The Bills are 5-6 and would have to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs
                            Fact: The Bills have to play the Jets on the road, and they already beat us at home.
                            Fact: The Bills will have to beat one of the best D's in the NFL on the road (Baltimore) to make the playoffs
                            Fact: While Tennessee is pretty bad this year, the Bills already lost to the Lions, who are worse than we are. There's no such thing as a guaranteed win in the NFL.
                            Fact: Even if the Bills win the rest of their games, they still not make the playoffs, depending on what teams like KC and Denver do for the rest of the season.

In order to honestly believe the Bills are going to make the playoffs, you have to ignore all those facts and more. And that's illogical.

When someone comes up with as many facts that suggest we will make the playoffs, then they can call my post illogical too. But those facts simply don't exist.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X