PDA

View Full Version : A message for the non-believers- No SD cupcakes please

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
We have a chance to make the playoffs and talking the team down, picking the players apart and finding negative things is good for nothing. Buy a ticket to the game if your close, watch your team and scream your freaking head off. If you want to vent, do it at the game screaming when on defense, that will help the Bills.

:bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Skooby, what you call "finding negative things", the rest of us call "making a realistic assessment of our chances at winning the next game". And no one has to "find" negative things about this team- it's not like we just won the SB 38-0 and people are *****ing that we had to kick a FG on one drive. The negatives are pretty obvious.

You want to talk about playoffs? First you have to talk how the 26th ranked rush D is gonna stop the best RB in the NFL. Because unless we figure that one out, playoff talk is irrelevant.

BAM
11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
http://wald.heim.at/urwald/541469/schnappschuesse/dead-horse.jpg http://blog.tilos.hu/diszkovagas/michael_jackson_beat_it.jpg

Devin
11-29-2006, 08:54 PM
We have a chance to make the playoffs and talking the team down, picking the players apart and finding negative things is good for nothing. Buy a ticket to the game if your close, watch your team and scream your freaking head off. If you want to vent, do it at the game screaming when on defense, that will help the Bills.

:bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon :bandwagon

While I agree with your general sentiment, constantly being irrationally optimistic is just beyond irritating.

Its ok to be optimistic, its part of being a fan. But you cannot create some of the posts you do and not expect to be picked apart.

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2006, 09:02 PM
What another bandwagon? COUNT ME IN DAMMIT! GO BILLS!

:bandwagon

BAM
11-29-2006, 09:04 PM
What another bandwagon? COUNT ME IN DAMMIT! GO BILLS!

Me too. :bandwagon:

mchurchfie
11-29-2006, 09:15 PM
:wave:

SABURZFAN
11-29-2006, 09:29 PM
:popcorn:

!Papacrunk!
11-29-2006, 09:43 PM
this is a message board correct, where people discuss ideas and themes a that may not be shared by everyone at the same time correct?

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
this is a message board correct, where people discuss ideas and themes a that may not be shared by everyone at the same time correct?

I got jumped on for my constant pessimism in the off-season because people found it irritating. By the same token, a lot of people find Skooby's blind optimism to be irritating.

Some of us would rather focus on this team's improvement and hoping JP can continue his success so this season seems productive, rather than be constantly reminded of what could have been with these damn playoff threads.

scott51
11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
I got jumped on for my constant pessimism in the off-season because people found it irritating. By the same token, a lot of people find Skooby's blind optimism to be irritating.

Some of us would rather focus on this team's improvement and hoping JP can continue his success so this season seems productive, rather than be constantly reminded of what could have been with these damn playoff threads.

So Bills fans are not allowed to be excited and hope that they make the playoffs is that it? Oh, I know, its okay to hope for it just don't talk about it on the message boards right? I am a die hard Bills fan, I am excited about the team's improvement, and I :pray: to God that we can make the playoffs, even with a loss Sunday, guess what, its mathematically possible!

OpIv37
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
So Bills fans are not allowed to be excited and hope that they make the playoffs is that it? Oh, I know, its okay to hope for it just don't talk about it on the message boards right? I am a die hard Bills fan, I am excited about the team's improvement, and I :pray: to God that we can make the playoffs, even with a loss Sunday, guess what, its mathematically possible!

right, and it's possible for me to win the lottery and it's possible for me to die in a fiery car accident driving home from work and it's possible for the next flight you take to crash into a mountain. But none of those things are going to happen.

Skooby's too hyper. He can't separate improvement from actually being good. We should be enjoying the victories, but we should also be realistic about the state of this team.

I'm hoping we're going to make the playoffs, too, as any fan should. But hoping for something and actually thinking it's going to happen are two totally different things. Skooby honestly believes it's going to happen, and that's just illogical and ridiculous at this point.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:03 AM
right, and it's possible for me to win the lottery and it's possible for me to die in a fiery car accident driving home from work and it's possible for the next flight you take to crash into a mountain. But none of those things are going to happen.

Skooby's too hyper. He can't separate improvement from actually being good. We should be enjoying the victories, but we should also be realistic about the state of this team.

I'm hoping we're going to make the playoffs, too, as any fan should. But hoping for something and actually thinking it's going to happen are two totally different things. Skooby honestly believes it's going to happen, and that's just illogical and ridiculous at this point.

I disagree. I do agree with you that the probability of us making the playoffs are not likely to happen. However, I would not say that because someone believes the Bills will make the playoffs that they are "illogical and ridiculous". Frankly, there is no guarantee that they won't make the playoffs which is why somone could just as easily say you are "illogical and ridiculous". Again, I :pray: every night that we make the playoff and would not put money on them making the playoffs, but thats just my OPINION. People need to realize we are talking about a GAME here. Not everyone is going to feel or think the same way about the Bills.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I disagree. I do agree with you that the probability of us making the playoffs are not likely to happen. However, I would not say that because someone believes the Bills will make the playoffs that they are "illogical and ridiculous". Frankly, there is no guarantee that they won't make the playoffs which is why somone could just as easily say you are "illogical and ridiculous". Again, I :pray: every night that we make the playoff and would not put money on them making the playoffs, but thats just my OPINION. People need to realize we are talking about a GAME here. Not everyone is going to feel or think the same way about the Bills.

You're saying that opinions can't be illogical and ridiculous, and they most certainly can be.

Fact: LT is the best RB in the NFL
Fact: The Bills have the 26th ranked run D
Fact: The Bills are 5-6 and would have to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs
Fact: The Bills have to play the Jets on the road, and they already beat us at home.
Fact: The Bills will have to beat one of the best D's in the NFL on the road (Baltimore) to make the playoffs
Fact: While Tennessee is pretty bad this year, the Bills already lost to the Lions, who are worse than we are. There's no such thing as a guaranteed win in the NFL.
Fact: Even if the Bills win the rest of their games, they still not make the playoffs, depending on what teams like KC and Denver do for the rest of the season.

In order to honestly believe the Bills are going to make the playoffs, you have to ignore all those facts and more. And that's illogical.

When someone comes up with as many facts that suggest we will make the playoffs, then they can call my post illogical too. But those facts simply don't exist.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:19 AM
this is a message board correct, where people discuss ideas and themes a that may not be shared by everyone at the same time correct? :10:

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Skooby honestly believes it's going to happen, and that's just illogical and ridiculous at this point.

OP, we've had to deal with your constant whining in the offseason. We have to deal with skoobs' homerism. He is what he is, accept it or don't read his threads to avoid getting irritated by his posts. I mean one of these days, one of his homeristc posts is bound to be right. Hopefully it's against the chargers. :bandwagon:

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
You're saying that opinions can't be illogical and ridiculous, and they most certainly can be.

Fact: LT is the best RB in the NFL
Fact: The Bills have the 26th ranked run D
Fact: The Bills are 5-6 and would have to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs
Fact: The Bills have to play the Jets on the road, and they already beat us at home.
Fact: The Bills will have to beat one of the best D's in the NFL on the road (Baltimore) to make the playoffs
Fact: While Tennessee is pretty bad this year, the Bills already lost to the Lions, who are worse than we are. There's no such thing as a guaranteed win in the NFL.
Fact: Even if the Bills win the rest of their games, they still not make the playoffs, depending on what teams like KC and Denver do for the rest of the season.

In order to honestly believe the Bills are going to make the playoffs, you have to ignore all those facts and more. And that's illogical.

When someone comes up with as many facts that suggest we will make the playoffs, then they can call my post illogical too. But those facts simply don't exist.

Does this count only for the Bills? You could use that for this Sunday and the final game agains Baltimore. Is the road to the playoffs uphill with countless baricades? Hell yeah it is! Is is out of the realm of possibility, no.

mybills
11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Op, c'mon...
Skooby was optimistic when we were 1-5000. It's not like this is all about SD.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
OP, we've had to deal with your constant whining in the offseason. We have to deal with skoobs' homerism. He is what he is, accept it or don't read his threads.

Point taken.

I do have to say this though- when fans of other teams come to this board, they see 9 million Skooby threads talking about playoffs and it's a poor representation of Bills fans. Most of us are smart enough to understand the reality of the Bills situation and I just hope people aren't judging all Bills fans by Skooby's non-sensical musings.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Point taken.

I do have to say this though- when fans of other teams come to this board, they see 9 million Skooby threads talking about playoffs and it's a poor representation of Bills fans. Most of us are smart enough to understand the reality of the Bills situation and I just hope people aren't judging all Bills fans by Skooby's non-sensical musings.
I edited my last post.

Yeah, Skoobs needs a disclaimer. Resident Homer. Although his nonsense threads can be irritating at times , I do admire his passion for the bills.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Op, c'mon...
Skooby was optimistic when we were 1-5000. It's not like this is all about SD.

very true, however the SD example is the most blatant example of his head-in-the-sand homerism. He has yet to address how the Bills can stop LT but he still thinks we're going to win. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Does this count only for the Bills? You could use that for this Sunday and the final game agains Baltimore. Is the road to the playoffs uphill with countless baricades? Hell yeah it is! Is is out of the realm of possibility, no.

and that's why it's illogical to believe we're going to make the playoffs. It's one thing to hope- it's another thing to believe the least likely outcome is actually going to occur.

We all bought the lotto tickets, but Skooby's the only one putting the down payment on the Ferrarri and the beach house in Malibu before the winning numbers are announced.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
I have a question, I am still fairly new here and don't know everyone yet. What is this "SD"? I agree that we are going to have a HELL of a time stopping LT. However, we all thought were going to get POUNDED by Indy and we came damn close to pulling out a win! I do believe though if this defense isn't careful the only thing thats going to stop LT is lack of oxygen from running all day!

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
very true, however the SD example is the most blatant example of his head-in-the-sand homerism. He has yet to address how the Bills can stop LT but he still thinks we're going to win. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree, but like I said, he's bound to get it right one day and I'm hoping it's this sunday and more importantly against the fins :bandwagon:

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a question, I am still fairly new here and don't know everyone yet. What is this "SD"? I agree that we are going to have a HELL of a time stopping LT. However, we all thought were going to get POUNDED by Indy and we came damn close to pulling out a win! I do believe though if this defense isn't careful the only thing thats going to stop LT is lack of oxygen from running all day!

well that's the major flaw in Skooby's argument- he came up with all these stats about SD's passing game and our pass D and our passing stats over the last few games, etc, but never addressed LT vs our run D. He thinks we're going to beat SD, but he ignored SD's biggest weapon in his analysis.

mybills
11-30-2006, 10:35 AM
SD=San Diego

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:37 AM
What is this "SD"?
depends on who says it. If it's PAtrick777 it usually means, sexual decease. Otherwise San Diego.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM
and that's why it's illogical to believe we're going to make the playoffs. It's one thing to hope- it's another thing to believe the least likely outcome is actually going to occur.

We all bought the lotto tickets, but Skooby's the only one putting the down payment on the Ferrarri and the beach house in Malibu before the winning numbers are announced.

Okay, yeah that I can agree with! Sorry, I came from a site where there was nothing but trashing people for an opinion.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:44 AM
well that's the major flaw in Skooby's argument- he came up with all these stats about SD's passing game and our pass D and our passing stats over the last few games, etc, but never addressed LT vs our run D. He thinks we're going to beat SD, but he ignored SD's biggest weapon in his analysis.

I see, well yeah that is a definite mistake! How can you evaluate San Diego's offense and not mention LT? I believe we should be able to contain Rivers, but LT is going to be the wild card and hopefully our defense will shock the world and keep him at bay!

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:44 AM
depends on who says it. If it's PAtrick777 it usually means, sexual decease. Otherwise San Diego.

:lol:

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Okay, yeah that I can agree with! Sorry, I came from a site where there was nothing but trashing people for an opinion.

no problem.

I understand not everyone is going to agree, and that doesn't bother me as long as people have valid reasons for their opinions. Some people just don't think things through and believe what they want to believe regardless of the reality of the situation- those are the people that bother me.

And on this board, there are those people on both sides of every argument. For example, there are some people here who will defend JP no matter how bad he plays, and others who will trash him no matter how well he plays. Same thing with Jauron.

But, I guess that needs to be expected on an Internet message board.

scott51
11-30-2006, 10:49 AM
no problem.

I understand not everyone is going to agree, and that doesn't bother me as long as people have valid reasons for their opinions. Some people just don't think things through and believe what they want to believe regardless of the reality of the situation- those are the people that bother me.

And on this board, there are those people on both sides of every argument. For example, there are some people here who will defend JP no matter how bad he plays, and others who will trash him no matter how well he plays. Same thing with Jauron.

But, I guess that needs to be expected on an Internet message board.

Yup! I'm still amazed that someone would evaluate the Charges offense and completely ignore LT! Good God, LT is that offense!!!

raphael120
11-30-2006, 11:59 AM
i dont know about anyone else, but im satisfied with the fact that we've already matched the win total of last season, and things are looking up for this team, we're seeing progression, and that's all you can ask for from a rebuilding team. I refuse to get myself worked up about playoffs because it will make me that much more pissed off and blind me from the reality of the progress that is being made when they dont make the playoffs, and just find solace in the fact that next season looks very promising. the bills are a team right now that is fun to watch! can you say that about the bills last year???

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
i dont know about anyone else, but im satisfied with the fact that we've already matched the win total of last season, and things are looking up for this team, we're seeing progression, and that's all you can ask for from a rebuilding team. I refuse to get myself worked up about playoffs because it will make me that much more pissed off and blind me from the reality of the progress that is being made when they dont make the playoffs, and just find solace in the fact that next season looks very promising. the bills are a team right now that is fun to watch! can you say that about the bills last year???

I agree completely.

Mitchy moo
11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Yup! I'm still amazed that someone would evaluate the Charges offense and completely ignore LT! Good God, LT is that offense!!!

I brought up LT as a large problem but we'll be focusing on him and the box to stop rivers as well. Pressuring the QB and bringing the play to SD quickly after the snap will be the only way to stop a near unstoppable attack. Their D also looks to be better with the addition of Merriman but he is just getting back and it will probably take him a few quarters to into his game.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I brought up LT as a large problem but we'll be focusing on him and the box to stop rivers as well. Pressuring the QB and bringing the play to SD quickly after the snap will be the only way to stop a near unstoppable attack. Their D also looks to be better with the addition of Merriman but he is just getting back and it will probably take him a few quarters to into his game.

did you read Coach Sal's article? If we pressure the QB, that means our DL will be too deep in the backfield and it will open up running lanes for LT. The only way this will work is if our D is damn near perfect about reading run vs pass.

I highly doubt this will happen, but I'd LOVE to see SD attempt that halfback option play to Gates and have Clements or Whitner pick it off and return it for 6.

Devin
11-30-2006, 01:24 PM

lol as opposed to other weeks when we ignored RB's, this week against the best RB in the NFL we will focus on him.

Yeah Merriman is gonna be rusty he may only have 1-2 sacks and a turnover as opposed to his usual.