PDA

View Full Version : Moulds is unhappy with his role - Version 2.0

Jeff1220
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
It's PFT, but I figured I'd post it since it involved a former long time Bill.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

MOULDS MIFFED IN HOUSTON

Receiver Eric Moulds, who got a ticket out of Buffalo in the offseason and a fresh start in Houston, is unhappy, we're told, regarding his lack of involvement in the Texans passing game.

Per a league source, Moulds has been consistently lining up at the "Z" position in the offense, with Andre Johnson playing the "X" role. The problem? The Houston offense focuses on throwing the ball to the "X" receiver.

It's the same dynamic that caused former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie to ask out of Denver, which was using the same offense in past years that former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak (now the head coach of the Texans) has installed in Houston.

Through eleven games, Moulds has 49 receptions for 510 yards and one touchdown. Johnson has 84 receptions for 982 yards and five scores, putting him on pace for 122 receptions for the year, which would be one of the highest single-season totals in league history.

Moulds apparently was under the mistaken impression that he'd become the Peerless Price of the Texans offense, running free in single coverage (and catching lots and lots of passes) while Johnson is blanketed with double coverage. It simply hasn't worked out that way to date.

We haven't heard whether Moulds wants out of Houston after this season. He is signed through 2009.

Iehoshua
11-29-2006, 08:48 PM
:lolpoint: Moldy Old Eric

You could've been an integral cog in the machine we call our receiving corp, Eric. You could've been a hero in the amazing 5-0 tear we're about to start on our way to the Lombardi Trophy. Unfortunately for you, you chose the path of the Carr wreck.

:bigwave:

The_Philster
11-29-2006, 08:50 PM
:shakeno: I told him I hoped he'd be back.....he shoulda listened

Devin
11-29-2006, 08:50 PM
lol damn.

Mitchy moo
11-29-2006, 08:53 PM
He went to a mismanaged mess for a team with the wrong offense for him. The grass is obviously not greener, goodluck Eric.:candle:

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Sweet, maybe he will make a big enough ruckus so he gets cut, then Buffalo can scoop him up again. ;)

BillsFever21
11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
It's simple why Moulds isn't doing very much this season or a big part of the Texans offense. He's just washed up. This is just the process of the last 5 years where his numbers have declined every season.

I'll never forget Week 1 when Moulds had a TD and everyone on here was screaming how we shouldn't have let him go and pay him his 8 million dollars.

clumping platelets
11-29-2006, 11:32 PM
1-800-CRY-BABY