X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

When is the league going to crackdown

on players leaving thier feet when they throw a hit. I'm seeing it more and more. I was just watching ESPN and Melrose was doing the best of league. He named Janssen from the Devils the best hitter in the league. When they showed all his hits, he left his feet before the hit EVERY time. It needs to start getting called.

Part 2 of my post. I was watching HNIC this past Saturday. The announcer was interviewing Colin Campbell. They were having a spirited discussion about how bad the ref's were sucking this year. The announcer mentioned Buffalo about 6 times, especially the Leafs game when Buffalo got royaly screw in the first period. He called it the worst officaiting he has every seen. The part that really got my attention is that the league is looking into banning shoulder pads on players. They say that they are too hard and they are causing head injures. I can see their point but I think no shoulder pads would be more injuries especially getting hit by a puck. Maybe they should go to softer pads.

Discuss.
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: When is the league going to crackdown

They Need to Hold an Emergency Officials Meeting During the All Star Break...

Some Teams are getting 9 Plus Power Plays a Game for Little ****..... while other teams are getting 1 or MAYBE 2 in 3 Games....

It Seems the Refs have it in their mind which teams to call most because the evidence proves its not just on/ off nites for them..

Certain Teams are getting put on the Pedastol by the Officials, every little infraction called, wether its legit or not... while others cnt get a call to save their life... its down right annoying,

Another thing that has me pissed off... What happened to 5 Minute Major Cracking down..

Didnt the NHL want to crackdown on Boarding and Checking from behind, and warranted 5 Minute Majors for them....

No One has yet to receive a 5 minute boarding call, and I'd Seen some nasty boarding incidents this season that should have been suspension worthy...

Leaving the Feet before a check should be a penalty, wether they call it charging or leaving the feet... i dont care...

The Players Should really voice this... since they are getting hurt off cheap shots and stuff and the refs not calling them, and its Gay that the league holds the refs hand thru all this by not allowing coaches or players to criticize the officials.. IMHO Screw that, its that far out of hand and the league needs to know it....
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
    X