PDA

View Full Version : How to defend against Chargers?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Philosophy wise, I think about redzone defense. If I were Fewell, I'd devote 80% of my preparation on that. Forget about neutralizing Tomlinson. Everyone has tried that and no one has succeeded. Putting too much focus on that only allows the Chargers to do other things well, too. Now you get blown out.

The Chargers last field goal was four games ago (against the Browns). Considering the amount of points they scored offensively, that's incredible. If we can keep them out of the endzone, even if we allow 7 to 8 scoring drives (that itself is an incredible number), we stand a good chance - in Jauron's word - to steal the game from them. Honestly if they only score 21 to 24 points this Sunday, I feel good about this game.

Now Tomlinson is a good reason they are so good in redzone. The Bills need to break down every one of their redzone plays, formations and find counter measures. I'd go a step further, ask Fairchild and their staff to give me some idea like what kind of new plays they might have against our D had they had Tomlinson and Gates.

In short, I'd be willing to give up yards but not willing to give up TDs. Redzone area gets everything condensed and I'll try to stop them right there.

mybills
11-30-2006, 08:15 AM
They're gonna run all day, because Rivers can and WILL be picked off.

alohabillsfan
11-30-2006, 11:49 AM
We have the secret wepon it's the 4-4 alignment! see depth chart below!

LE DT DT RE
Kelsey Tripplet Williams Schobel

OLB ILB ILB OLB
Crowell Fletcher Baker Spikes

DB SS FS DB
Mcgee Whitner Simpson Clements

YOU SEE, It's easy!

raphael120
11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
with the bills run D, red zone isn't an issue, we have RB's scoring on us from 20 yards out.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I would to say, make them one dimensional. Problem is it's easier said than done.

Devin
11-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Automatic weapons?

alohabillsfan
11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Food Poisioning!!!:sick: :flush: