PDA

View Full Version : OBJECTIVE Jag Game Analysis!!!

HHURRICANE
11-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Rewatched and recorded the Jags game last night. It's amazing how people post crap here without watching the games carefully! Here's my OBJECTIVE analysis:

1) JP played a very mature game. I think this was his best performance of the year. Better than against Houston. The pick he had was caused by his Offensive lineman backing into him just as he was releasing th ball. If that doesn't happen it's 7 points because Lee Evans had beat the coverage. JP had one bad throw and it was in the second half where it literally hit the Jag defender in the numbers. People, watch every QB in the league including Tom Brady, and you will see that every week they have at least one bad throw. Time to stop micro-crticizing JP.

2) Tripplett was a monster. I think if he was in a little better shape he could be one of the better players in the league.

3) Our linebackers couldn't make a tackle. If Crowell doesn't try to rip Garrard's head off the game would have been over on that 4th down scramble. The linebackers played like crap.

4) Kelsay played well. Hargrove played very well. When Hargrove's on the field the whole team plays better. Denney got pushed around like a rag doll. Anderson is useless. His position had better get upgraded in the off-season. They ran right at him.

5) Spikes. He can't run and it's taking him out of plays because he can't get to the play. It is sad to watch. They need to sit him if he's not 100% because he is a total liability out there. If he is 100% than I am really sorry but his career is over.

6) The OL really did play well as a group. Didn't see anything glaringly obvious.

7) Cieslak really looked like an NFL TE.

8) McGahee danced his way into 2 TD's but he also danced his way out of some positive yards. He did make one hell of a block, that with injured ribs, was just amazing. Overall he played a good game aginst a tough team. A-train looked like "Thomas the train", not good.

9) Lindell deserves props. He made the kick after blowing one in Indy.

Overall the stars of the game were JP and Parrish. JP had total command of the offense. It was awesome to watch. He even got the D to jump on a Jim Kellyesque bark count, very cool. I am very excited and hope this wasn't an aberation but his move into his role as starter and leader of the O.

Any thoughts?

mybills
11-30-2006, 08:21 AM
2) He also missed Garrard right down the middle for a 1st down. But I agree, he was a monster other than that.

eyedog
11-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I also re-watched the game last night and I agree with your points Hurricane. I was wondering if anyone would bring up Crowell. He missed alot of tackles.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2006, 08:33 AM
2) He also missed Garrard right down the middle for a 1st down. But I agree, he was a monster other than that.

I saw that but, in fairness, he's not the one who supposed to be making open field tackles. Everybody looked like crap on that play but Crowell was the one that really blew it.

mybills
11-30-2006, 08:37 AM
True, but I think he was the only one who had the best chance at taking him down, and it looked like Garrard ran right past him.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Crowell had his worst game. Spikes was no where again. Whitner too missed a lot of tackles

Goobylal
11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Ellison should be back this weekend. Hopefully he takes Takeo's spot because Takeo is hurting the team more than helping it.

mybills
11-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Crowell had his worst game. Spikes was no where again. Whitner too missed a lot of tackles
and yet we STILL won. :dance:

NorthCarBills
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't post here much because most threads involve personal jabs and/or banter. However, I have to say your points are right on. I also watched the game a couple of times, and it's not until you pay attention to the smaller details that you can really critique the team's performance.

Just a confirmation that an objective member of this forum appreciates a solid and thoughtful analysis like this.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
on Parrish's punt return, I watched it in slow mo, loved how everyone came in to block. We were lucky Wire wasn't called for holding. He was holdong on to the D jersey.