PDA

View Full Version : JP @ Willis... it's personal this week.

eyedog
11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
I remember how Kelly and Thurman used to get real jacked when playing one of their main competitor's. Marino, Elway, Emmitt, Sanders. It would bring out the best in those guy's usually.
This week, JP vs. Rivers and Willis vs. LT. I'm curious to see how both react, especially Willis.
If they are to win this week Willis has to have a big game, real big. We need his best of his career thus far, A 200 yarder with 2-3 scores type game.

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
You are out of your mind if you think that Losman and McGahee are even in the same league as Rivers and Tomlinson.

Coach Sal
11-30-2006, 09:14 AM
You are out of your mind if you think that Losman and McGahee are even in the same league as Rivers and Tomlinson.

That's not what his post is saying.

In fact, if anything, it's stating that they aren't in the same league and hopefully playing on the same field as them will bring out their competitive juices even more feeling that they have something to prove......especialy if they ever want to be thought of in the same manner.

eyedog
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Losman/Rivers is up for debate. And where exactly did I say Willis is = to LT. I said I'm curious to how he will react to the challenge.
Don't read much in SoCal ?

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh, you're also out of your mind if you think your TEAM is getting 200 yds rushing and 3 scores, much less one player.

The Chargers have only given up 100 yds to one player, that being Larry Johnson, at KC. Willis will have less than 70 yds and he might get a TD. Your only hope is that we get lax in the fourth sitting on a 3 score lead and Losman hits 3 80 yd bombs after 2 OS kicks.

Tomlinson alone will have 21 points on the Bills, with the rest of the O probably chipping in between 10-21. Oh, and you don't have an elite TE, which has been the only way to beat the Chargers this season, btw.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh, you're also out of your mind if you think your TEAM is getting 200 yds rushing and 3 scores, much less one player.

The Chargers have only given up 100 yds to one player, that being Larry Johnson, at KC. Willis will have less than 70 yds and he might get a TD. Your only hope is that we get lax in the fourth sitting on a 3 score lead and Losman hits 3 80 yd bombs after 2 OS kicks.

Tomlinson alone will have 21 points on the Bills, with the rest of the O probably chipping in between 10-21. Oh, and you don't have an elite TE, which has been the only way to beat the Chargers this season, btw.
great analysis.....

eyedog
11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
BigBolt fits you good, your pretty thick. I'm stating what probably needs to happen for a win. That is a big game from Willis to keep LT and that offense off the field. G-Damn.

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 09:26 AM
I hope LT suffers a career ending injury in the 1st quarter.

Slim
11-30-2006, 09:26 AM

You are such an arrogant cocksmocker.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
:roflmao:

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Now that baby will go crying back to his Sandiego surfing website about how big of Ass holes we are....

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
You are such an arrogant cocksmocker.
Give him a break. They have been so bad for so many years they don't know how to act...

Gunzlingr
11-30-2006, 09:36 AM

After they mocked Willis' college injury over at their board, I hope so too. Maybe he will have an aneurysm or something.

mybills
11-30-2006, 09:38 AM

There are certain posts I like to quote and save for after each game, and this is one of them. Congratulations. :bf1:

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 09:38 AM
great analysis.....

Through 11 games LT has 24 TDs from scrimmage and 2 passing TDs for a total of 26. That's an average of slightly better than 2 TDs a game. However, in the last 7 games he's gotten 21 TDs from scrimmage and two passing TDs. That's over 3 TDs a game now that Rivers has become more acclimated.

It's no stretch to say that Tomlinson will put up 21. So far the Bills have hung up 21+ points this season 3 times, on GB (terrible), Houston (worse), and Jacksonville (wildly inconsistant). The Chargers have given up 21 or more points this season 5 times, against the following teams:

KC
STL
CLE*
CIN*
DEN*

The stars denote when we were missing Merriman. You'll note that aside from Cleveland and St Louis, these are all playoff teams. While I didn't deposit a great deal of analysis in the post you quoted, I think you'll find the details here.

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Charger fans have no class whatsoever.

Coach Sal
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
No one should ever hope for someone to get hurt, especially so severely.

I don't care what team you like or hate, or what the fans of that team say or do.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Through 11 games LT has 24 TDs from scrimmage and 2 passing TDs for a total of 26. That's an average of slightly better than 2 TDs a game. However, in the last 7 games he's gotten 21 TDs from scrimmage and two passing TDs. That's over 3 TDs a game now that Rivers has become more acclimated.

It's no stretch to say that Tomlinson will put up 21. So far the Bills have hung up 21+ points this season 3 times, on GB (terrible), Houston (worse), and Jacksonville (wildly inconsistant). The Chargers have given up 21 or more points this season 5 times, against the following teams:

KC
STL
CLE*
CIN*
DEN*

The stars denote when we were missing Merriman. You'll note that aside from Cleveland and St Louis, these are all playoff teams. While I didn't deposit a great deal of analysis in the post you quoted, I think you'll find the details here.
That is a good analysis.
No need to come here guns a blazing man. We know the Chargers are probably the best in the league right now, and that LT is the MVP. This thread was started as a what do the Bills need to do to make it close/pull an upset.

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
BigBolt fits you good, your pretty thick. I'm stating what probably needs to happen for a win. That is a big game from Willis to keep LT and that offense off the field. G-Damn.

If that's what needs to happen for you guys to win then the Bills might as well not even play the game.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
No one should ever hope for someone to get hurt, especially so severely.

I don't care what team you like or hate, or what the fans of that team say or do.
Soreco was joking... Chill man!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
If that's what needs to happen for you guys to win then the Bills might as well not even play the game.
Yes I agree they should just forfit. :shakeno:

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes I agree they should just forfit. :shakeno:

You need to look at the way that teams have scored on us. Running the ball doesn't happen, we aren't the Colts, and we don't give up much in the way of rushing yds.

The most successful team against us was Cincy, who lined up 3 and 4 wide the whole game and aired it out. This was a similar strategy to what STL did.

The other thing Buffalo would be well advised to do would be to have two completely different strategies. One for the first half, and one for the second, because the Chargers are the best team in the NFL at making halftime adjustments. If you look at the boxscores of our games, we've dominated every second half except for in Balt, which was when the coaches lost their minds.

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, chill Coach.

Coach Sal
11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
OK, I'll chill.

But I just don't find "jokes" like that funny.

Sorry - you can call me too sensitive if you want. I'm quite sure you can understand my position on it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
You need to look at the way that teams have scored on us. Running the ball doesn't happen, we aren't the Colts, and we don't give up much in the way of rushing yds.

The most successful team against us was Cincy, who lined up 3 and 4 wide the whole game and aired it out. This was a similar strategy to what STL did.

The other thing Buffalo would be well advised to do would be to have two completely different strategies. One for the first half, and one for the second, because the Chargers are the best team in the NFL at making halftime adjustments. If you look at the boxscores of our games, we've dominated every second half except for in Balt, which was when the coaches lost their minds.
Good points.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
OK, I'll chill.

But I just don't find "jokes" like that funny.

Sorry - you can call me too sensitive if you want. I'm quite sure you can understand my position on it.
You are too sensitive.

mybills
11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
"good points"
THURM, you're killing me! :roflmao:

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah. I didn't wish him a life threatening injury or anything.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:00 AM

If Rivers was here and went thru JP's situation from MUlarkey, being thrown under the buss by the vets, having to rebuild and a troublesome OL , he'd be dead. Can't argue the LT vs. Willis but without LT Rivers wouldn't be as good as you think he is.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
BBIKE is like that guy that shows up at the party and only talks about how rich he is and how cool his car is. Meanwhile no one cares and no one likes him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
If Rivers was here and went thru JP's situation from MUlarkey, being thrown under the buss by the vets, having to rebuild and a troublesome OL , he'd be dead. Can't argue the LT vs. Willis but without LT Rivers wouldn't be as good as you think he is.
I agree.

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 10:12 AM

and Aikman wouldn't be a HOFer w/o Emmit... What's your point?

SquishDaFish
11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
So blinded one. 21 points from LT and 10-21 from the rest of the O. So your trying to tell me the FagBolts are going to score 31-42 points against us? Wanna bet on that one?

Mr. Miyagi
11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Rivers fricking SUCKS.

And a :negrep: as a welcome to the board gift. :snicker:

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 10:30 AM
and Aikman wouldn't be a HOFer w/o Emmit... What's your point?
Point is, to say that JP is not in Rivers' league is nothing but a homer opinion. Until we see Rivers perform in JP's situation , you have NOTHING.

Coach Sal
11-30-2006, 10:31 AM
You are too sensitive.

I know.

Shame on me.

ublinkwescore
11-30-2006, 10:52 AM
let's not forget that the forecast is snow for Sunday - in our house and we don't seem to lose too many games in the snow to warm weather teams - ask the L.A. Raiders, and the Miami Dolphins.

The last buffalo fan
11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
let's not forget that the forecast is snow for Sunday - in our house and we don't seem to lose too many games in the snow to warm weather teams - ask the L.A. Raiders, and the Miami Dolphins.

Oh yeah, but that's nothing. They were elite teams, with high powered offense, where they had excellent Qb, awesome Rb and terrific Wrs. .............. oh wait, that's what the Bolts are too!!! :crap:

raphael120
11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
gotta hate fans that just spout off how their team is going to beat your team and say rediculous claims, its like their 5 years old playing you at a video game saying how their better at them at combo moves in Street Fighter, and blah blah blah...grow up.

madness
11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I know.

Shame on me.

Good, now drop and give us 20. :D