PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED WEATHER FORCAST FOR SUNDAY!!!

alohabillsfan
11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Sunrise: 7:29 am (IF IT RISES AT ALL) UV Index: 1 (VERY BAD FOR SD), Low Sunset: 4:42 pm
Moonrise: 3:20 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous (THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR BUFFALO) Moonset: 6:01 am
High COLD Low COLDER! Sunday:
A few snow showers (LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW). Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Last but not least there is absolutly zero chance of lightning!:bandwagon

Romes
11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
waxing gibbous moon!! hell yeah!

alohabillsfan
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
waxing gibbous moon!! hell yeah!

Thats what I am talking about!!!!!!

BAM
11-30-2006, 11:42 AM
What is a waxing gibbous moon??

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 11:50 AM
What is a waxing gibbous moon??

It's a phase of the moon. Waxing means it's getting brighter and more colored in with sunlight.

Since over half our team played in cold weather climates, and the game is in the afternoon, I'm not too worried about temps in the 30s.

I'm actually glad it's going to snow. That will eliminate the big plays Buffalo depends on to win, and prevent it from being really cold, as in teens.

You guys would be better off if it was clear and 5 degrees than snowy and 30. Snow favors the team with the advantage in the lines (which is SD) and the better backfield (again, SD)

BAM
11-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Ike.

I wouldn't be so sure about the snow eliminating any big plays though.

Did you watch the Packers-Seahawks game Monday night?

alohabillsfan
11-30-2006, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=BigBoltIke]It's a phase of the moon. Waxing means it's getting brighter and more colored in with sunlight.

I'm actually glad it's going to snow. That will eliminate the big plays Buffalo depends on to win, and prevent it from being really cold, as in teens.

Not true, it actually favors the receivers (DB's will slip) more than running (hard to cut back) and will slow pass rushers down on a slick field.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Dont you know the Chargers are the best team in the NFL and cant be beat even in 90 degree weather. (Sarcasm off)

TigerJ
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah, a slick surface tends to favor offensive skill guys because they know which way theiy're going to move. The defensive guy who has to react will be more likely to lose his footing. On the line too, it will favor the offensive line versus the defensive line because the offensive line is more concerned with holding its ground where the defensive players depend on more abrupt moves to escape the block. It's the abrupt movement that makes one vulnerable to losing his footing.

The weather factors that can negatively affect the offense are: anything that affects visibility - dense fog, heavy wind blown snow, anything that makes the ball slick - rain, drizzle, wet snow.

BAM
11-30-2006, 12:13 PM
They didn't impress me vs. the Raiders. At all really...

I will say they're more impressive than Buffalo overall, just saying. If they play like that again, we'll beat them.

BAM
12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
I see that Rivers has never played a game in the snow......

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12/01/sports/professional/chargers/22_13_1211_30_06.txt

JoeMama
12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Sunrise: 7:29 am (IF IT RISES AT ALL) UV Index: 1 (VERY BAD FOR SD), Low Sunset: 4:42 pm
Moonrise: 3:20 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous (THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR BUFFALO) Moonset: 6:01 am
High COLD Low COLDER! Sunday:
A few snow showers (LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW). Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper 20s.

Last but not least there is absolutly zero chance of lightning!:bandwagon

Nice.

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/WOZ/pdTNWOZ0008.jpg
I have a feeling we're not in San Diego anymore, Toto!

Philagape
12-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Anyone who was at the 2002 Bills-Miami game knows snow doesn't eliminate big plays.

Dozerdog
12-01-2006, 08:30 AM
As long as it is not high winds- bad weather actually creates big plays. Defenders fall down, slip, and /or defenses make big plays too

Remember the Miami/Bills snow game? That was loaded with big plays

BAM
12-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Yah I'm not sure what he was talking about there...

Let it SNOW!