PDA

View Full Version : Game is Blacked Out Again

Typ0
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
What happened to all the real fans? :dunno:

raphael120
11-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Bills game will be blacked out. Well I'm going to the bar to support our boys. Let's go Bills!!!!!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
why don't you just go to the game?

raphael120
11-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I live in DC. Thats quite a drive!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 12:13 PM
JUST DO IT!

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Thurm, you are on a roll today.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I live in Mass and am driving the 6 hour or so drive for the Miami game.

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 12:17 PM
:bf1:

Way to go fair weather fans. :down:

raphael120
11-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Well I dont have the luxury or the fundage right now to go to the bills game, or i would. i AM going to the bills/titans game, so BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Thurm, you are on a roll today.
I am fired up!

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 12:20 PM

I like to refer to them as stupid ass holes!!!

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 12:29 PM

Fairweather fans? We have put the overall, crappiest product in NFL on the field for the last 6 years but the fans still came.

Lets try to get this through to you, the rest of the homers and most importantly RALPH WILSON again....PUT A WINNER ON THE FIELD AND THE FANS WILL COME!

Fans are tired of the BS. Field a winner then we can talk about it.

BigBoltIke
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
So far I've never been to a Chargers game where the Bolts lost. I don't know how I pulled that off. Lucky for you, I can't make a road trip to Buffalo.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 12:33 PM

They are waiting for a REAL owner to put a REAL team on the field. LMAO I and others told you guys this was going to happen after last years BS. 6+ years of absolute CRAP for a team is enough.

Ralph has 33 mill in available cap room this offseason with only about 3 teams having more (and it isn't that much more). There are clear cut needs and the talent out there to address them. if he doesn't, he will be lucky to sell out 3 of the 8 home games next year.

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I like to refer to them as stupid ass holes!!!

Fairweather fans? We have put the overall, crappiest product in NFL on the field for the last 6 years but the fans still came.

Lets try to get this through to you, the rest of the homers and most importantly RALPH WILSON again....PUT A WINNER ON THE FIELD AND THE FANS WILL COME!

Fans are tired of the BS. Field a winner then we can talk about it.

Good call thurm.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Good call thurm.

Again, field a winner. I have to keep saying 'again' because for some reason I have to keep repeating it to you. Maybe its a comprehension issue?

raphael120
11-30-2006, 12:41 PM
at the beginning of the season i could understand how blackouts could happen, and you know what, they didn't happen, so i would give the "fairweather fans" that saw some pretty crappy games at the beginning of the season some credit for showing up before the bills showed some hope in the past few games. but now the blacko uts are happenning, and i think that for the fans who showed up the first half, should definitly show up for this game, and the end of the season. im excited to go see the titans game, whether the bills win this game or not, i like what i see, and i will for sure pay a team that shows promise, heart, and is progressing. it's exciting. got to hand it to the fans that have stepped up and helped sell out the bills games the last few years. if anyone is an ass its those people critizing those that HAVE showed up for games and got fed up with it...you can't blaim those people, blaim the bills FO. now theyre changing things around, and i think fans have more of a reason to give ralph their money. the past few years? not so much. i had to sit through that embarrassment with the steelers scrubs a few years ago and that turned me off from making big road trips to end up in huge disappointments. and i ****ing dare you to call me a fairweather fan. im a bills fan tried and true.

Mr. Miyagi
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Merged. :miyagi:

raphael120
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
domo arigato mr. miyagi

LtBillsFan66
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Again, field a winner. I have to keep saying 'again' because for some reason I have to keep repeating it to you. Maybe its a comprehension issue?
Good call thurm!

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Tell me why the Lions and Cardinals are selling out but the 'Best fans in the NFL' can't?

Michael82
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
What a ****ing travesty! I hope all the cheap bastards in Rochester and Buffalo enjoy not being able to watch the game. Damn cheap fairweather fans! :mad:

Michael82
11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Tell me why the Lions and Cardinals are selling out but the 'Best fans in the NFL' can't?
exactly! This is ****ing ridiculous. It makes all Bills fans look bad when we can't sell out a stadium with dirt cheap tickets. I think I might have been right before....Buffalo and Rochester are getting too small and poor for two Pro Sports teams. It's going to come down to the Sabres or Bills....not both.
:ill: :mad:

Uncle Jesse
11-30-2006, 01:10 PM
****ty. Atleast I have season tickets, so it's not like I'll miss the game.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 01:48 PM

They finally got smart? 33 mill in cap room, Clear cut needs. Its all in Ralphs hands now. No more excuses about the CBA, GM, Coaching, Stadium lease or any other BS. The cap room is there, The needs are obvious, either ralph steps up and pays a ton in SB money to field a winner or he wont. Its 100% on him now.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
exactly! This is ****ing ridiculous. It makes all Bills fans look bad when we can't sell out a stadium with dirt cheap tickets. I think I might have been right before....Buffalo and Rochester are getting too small and poor for two Pro Sports teams. It's going to come down to the Sabres or Bills....not both.
OH MY GOD YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE OVERREACTOR. THERE WILL STILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH FANS AT THE GAME JUST GAY THAT IT WILL BE BLACKED OUT.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM

But the folks will say thats not the issue although facts back your statement. The other part is, field a winner.

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
They finally got smart? 33 mill in cap room, Clear cut needs. Its all in Ralphs hands now. No more excuses about the CBA, GM, Coaching, Stadium lease or any other BS. The cap room is there, The needs are obvious, either ralph steps up and pays a ton in SB money to field a winner or he wont. Its 100% on him now.

What have the Lions done to build a winner? Or the Cardinals? Both organizations are way worse than the Bills, yet they are still selling out.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 01:51 PM
OH MY GOD YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE OVERREACTOR. THERE WILL STILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH FANS AT THE GAME JUST GAY THAT IT WILL BE BLACKED OUT.

No, there are rules in place and it didn't sell out. Therefore its blacked out. This is what Ralph was talking about in needing more help from the CBA.

but again, Ralph quit being a cheap ass and do what other owners do and come up with signing bonus money. 33 mill, clear cut needs. We are going to see how serious ralph is about winning come this offseason.

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
What have the Lions done to build a winner? Or the Cardinals? Both organizations are way worse than the Bills, yet they are still selling out.

Worse? By how much? We are talking apples and apples here, go check the records, we aren't in that much better shape.

The economy in Arizona is a hell of alot better than in Buffalo. Same in Detroit.

Again, fans aren't going to pay money with it so damn tight, to see a **** team. They have done it for 6 years and realize money is too damn tight. Now if ralph wants to field a winner then you will see them find the money somehow

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Detroit has not won a play game in how long? They also have the worst GM/President in Pro Sports.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
No, there are rules in place and it didn't sell out. Therefore its blacked out. This is what Ralph was talking about in needing more help from the CBA.

but again, Ralph quit being a cheap ass and do what other owners do and come up with signing bonus money. 33 mill, clear cut needs. We are going to see how serious ralph is about winning come this offseason.
I didn't say it wouldn't be blacked out. ICE come on man.

Michael82
11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
But the folks will say thats not the issue although facts back your statement. The other part is, field a winner.
Fact....when the Bills are good, the Sabres tend to have 12-13,000 people in the arena for the first couple months.

Fact...when the Bills are playing and looking really good, people tend to forget about the Sabres until after the NFL season.

Fact...when the Sabres come a game away from going to the Stanley Cup Finals, the bandwagon jams so full that people are spending all their money on Sabres stuff and Sabres ticket.

Fact...when you spend 100's of dollars on Sabres or Bills stuff and even more on Sabres or Bills tickets, you have to sacrifice something on your entertainment budget. Most of the time, its the other team.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 01:58 PM
What a ****ing travesty! I hope all the cheap bastards in Rochester and Buffalo enjoy not being able to watch the game. Damn cheap fairweather fans! :mad:

Overreacting as usual.

Michael82
11-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I think it has something to do with the fact that they both have 2 new stadiums.

Michael82
11-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Overreacting as usual.
:::

Michael82
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Fact....when the Bills are good, the Sabres tend to have 12-13,000 people in the arena for the first couple months.

Fact...when the Bills are playing and looking really good, people tend to forget about the Sabres until after the NFL season.

Fact...when the Sabres come a game away from going to the Stanley Cup Finals, the bandwagon jams so full that people are spending all their money on Sabres stuff and Sabres ticket.

Fact...when you spend 100's of dollars on Sabres or Bills stuff and even more on Sabres or Bills tickets, you have to sacrifice something on your entertainment budget. Most of the time, its the other team.
oh one more.....

FACT....when the NFL decides to play games out of the country, don't be surprised if it is the Buffalo Bills in Toronto for one game. The fact that we are the only team in the NFL that didn't sell out doesn't help us. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 02:05 PM
You going?

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
oh one more.....

FACT....when the NFL decides to play games out of the country, don't be surprised if it is the Buffalo Bills in Toronto for one game. The fact that we are the only team in the NFL that didn't sell out doesn't help us. :ill:
I wouldn't be happy about it but if it saves the team in Buffalo one game a year wouldnt be too bad. It would be a cool road trip. JUST 1 GAME THOUGH.

raphael120
11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
oh and btw, thanks for the global warming, fairweather bills fans...

Michael82
11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be happy about it but if it saves the team in Buffalo one game a year wouldnt be too bad. It would be a cool road trip. JUST 1 GAME THOUGH.
and don't forget....it would make season tickets cheaper. Unless you want to buy the ticket to Toronto too, which I would. :up:

ajsdx
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM
lol...somewhat back to the topic at hand, i live in boston now (not too close, but a hell of a lot closer than where i used to live), but i just don't have the time to make it out to any games this year :(

sorry fellas, i'll be back soon.

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
what's weird is that the fins always sell out but the fans never show up. we didn't sell out but the stadium looks full.

gr8slayer
11-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Man if I were less than a day's drive I would go in a heart beat.

LtFinFan66
12-01-2006, 04:37 AM
I live in Mass and am driving the 6 hour or so drive for the Miami game.I am flying 1,000+ miles for said Fin game:up:

CuseJetsFan83
12-01-2006, 04:52 AM
thats really gay that its blacked out AGAIN, especially with the bills playing some decent football.........

i have to work sunday day so i miss all games til about 3pm when im out....... only positive is i could get some bunnyears and watch a game on CBS but being in syracuse i wonder whom it will be...... oh well.... i get to see the jets/bills at the meadowlands next week :-D (nothing is better than a game live!)

Night Train
12-01-2006, 05:20 AM

I'm sure the NFL and their vendetta against Ralph for voting NO has nothing to do with it. 4 home games after Thanksgiving ?

Blame the fans.

BTW- I'll be there.

jamze132
12-01-2006, 05:55 AM
I'm sure the NFL and their vendetta against Ralph for voting NO has nothing to do with it. 4 home games after Thanksgiving ?

Blame the fans.

BTW- I'll be there.
That means that there are 4 teams that are going to be too cold to worry about moving the football up and down the fild. I like having that many home games after Thanksgiving.

jamze132
12-01-2006, 06:03 AM
I do agree with the theory of a better product on the field will produce more tickets sold. I also think fans owe it to their own children to go to these games right now so the next generation can experience Buffalo Bills football like we all do.

And if there wasn't an ocean in the way and the AWOL thing, I would be at every game win or lose; rain, snow, or shine.

LtFinFan66
12-01-2006, 06:05 AM
having to go AWOL for a Bills game would suck:up:

Night Train
12-01-2006, 06:10 AM
I like having that many home games after Thanksgiving.

I agree. The home field advantage really kicks in this time of year.

The Sabres tickets being red hot for the first time in years explains many empty seats. Only so much $$ and the Sabres are winning and indoors. Plus the holiday season of Christmas shopping.

I'm actually surprised with the small population here, how well we support our 2 major sports teams.

mybills
12-01-2006, 07:13 AM
You going?
:spit:

mybills
12-01-2006, 07:15 AM
I hear crickets, Thurm! :chuckle:

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Buffalo really needs to work on marketing, it would help if we made the playoffs as well. What do you expect? If you don't put out a good product, nobody is going to buy it. That's life.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2006, 09:33 AM

New stadiums.
Who wants to sit out in the cold to watch a team thats not going anywhere?

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
People don't.

But this team is moving forward. That much is fiarly evident.

raphael120
12-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I love it how people are so willing to blaim the fans. Get a life, and if you want to go to the games, great, but don't put down those people who have other lives and other things to do with their time. Does that make them less of a fan that they don't go to every game? NO. There are plenty of factors to add to the fact of why the games are not being sold out. In the past how many years of a real crap product (with almost no hope for the future), how many games did the Bills sell out? Quite a few. And you know what, fans showed up. The Sabres run has a lot to do with it, not too many people who like both teams can afford to go to both games, so please let's get off this whole "blaim the fans" BS. No where does it say "one must go to every home game to be a true Bills fan". If ANYTHING, blaim the fans for leaving the close Bills games with 5 minutes left to go in the game. Especially this last one.