PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Unhappy in Houston

DynaPaul
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
MOULDS MIFFED IN HOUSTON

Receiver Eric Moulds, who got a ticket out of Buffalo in the offseason and a fresh start in Houston, is unhappy, we're told, regarding his lack of involvement in the Texans passing game.

Per a league source, Moulds has been consistently lining up at the "Z" position in the offense, with Andre Johnson playing the "X" role. The problem? The Houston offense focuses on throwing the ball to the "X" receiver.

It's the same dynamic that caused former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie to ask out of Denver, which was using the same offense in past years that former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak (now the head coach of the Texans) has installed in Houston.

Through eleven games, Moulds has 49 receptions for 510 yards and one touchdown. Johnson has 84 receptions for 982 yards and five scores, putting him on pace for 122 receptions for the year, which would be one of the highest single-season totals in league history.

Moulds apparently was under the mistaken impression that he'd become the Peerless Price of the Texans offense, running free in single coverage (and catching lots and lots of passes) while Johnson is blanketed with double coverage. It simply hasn't worked out that way to date.

We haven't heard whether Moulds wants out of Houston after this season. He is signed through 2009.

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, no one saw that coming. Except the entire city of Buffalo.

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Moulds is slowing gaining the reputation of whiner. Looks good on him.

Jeff1220
11-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Posted it yesterday...
Moulds Unhappy With His Role - Version 2.0 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=114537)

Bill Cody
11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
That must be a real tough call for Houston whether to throw more to Johnson or Moulds.:chuckle:

ICE74129
11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
**** him. He is nothing more than a backup at best and Kubiak understands that. The sooner Moulds does he can either STFU and play his role or retire.

gr8slayer
11-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I wish we still had Moulds, whiner or not.

Billzz
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I wish we still had Moulds, whiner or not.

Agree.

RedEyE
12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
**** him. He is nothing more than a backup at best and Kubiak understands that. The sooner Moulds does he can either STFU and play his role or retire.

I love Moulds, but agree with Ice here. He just needs to accept that he doesn't have what it takes anymore.

I think his frustrations are stemming from seeing Buffalo's recent success. He knows that we are headed in the right direction and probably regrets his decision.

ICE74129
12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Everytime I see the word 'Moulds' I have to urge to say '**** him'

HHURRICANE
12-01-2006, 09:44 AM
And to think that ICE and I got negged in the off-season last year because we said he was a locker room cancer. ****N's lips are still parched!!!

I bet Houston loves that kind of leadership from their veteran receiever.

ICE74129
12-01-2006, 09:45 AM
And to think that ICE and I got negged in the off-season last year because we said he was a locker room cancer. ****N's lips are still parched!!!

I bet Houston loves that kind of leadership from their veteran receiever.

**** him :bandwagon

BillsNick
12-01-2006, 09:54 AM
49 passes at this point in the season is pretty good for a number 2 receiver, I would say.

Sheesh, what a jerk-face.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 09:58 AM
let's trade them Aiken and Davis for Moulds.

mikemac2001
12-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Moulds played hard for us for so many years, he didnt like where the team was going and wanted to get out of it i dont really have a problem i wish guy was still on the team and he is probally wishing he was to seeing the progress we have made.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Moulds played hard for us for so many years, he didnt like where the team was going and wanted to get out of it i dont really have a problem i wish guy was still on the team and he is probally wishing he was to seeing the progress we have made.

Let's not forget that he was the one who threw the temper-tantrum during the Maimi game after we had built a 21 point lead. My respect went out the window for him at that game.

A team player doesn't start acting like a baby when your team is winning by 3 touchdowns becuase your teammate is catching the TD passes and you're not!!

Deja-vu in Houston or what?! He's a jerk. PERIOD.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Let's not forget that he was the one who threw the temper-tantrum during the Maimi game after we had built a 21 point lead. My respect went out the window for him at that game.

A team player doesn't start acting like a baby when your team is winning by 3 touchdowns becuase your teammate is catching the TD passes and you're not!!

Deja-vu in Houston or what?! He's a jerk. PERIOD. 99.9999999% of bills fans through a temper tantrum as well due to Boolarkey in that game. Vets and fans both dislike Moolarkey so what's the problem?

HHURRICANE
12-01-2006, 10:42 AM
99.9999999% of bills fans through a temper tantrum as well due to Boolarkey in that game. Vets and fans both dislike Moolarkey so what's the problem?

Moulds threw his in the first half when we were winning. Yes, MM blew the game but Moulds contributed to the chaos. You're being a little too kind with the "free pass". Moulds is doing the exact same thing in Houston now. It's called a trend.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Moulds threw his in the first half when we were winning. Yes, MM blew the game but Moulds contributed to the chaos. You're being a little too kind with the "free pass". Moulds is doing the exact same thing in Houston now. It's called a trend.

I guess MOulds had the foresight to see that Boolarkey was gonna blow it because in the end, he and the fans share the same opinion on him.

As far as his tantrum in Texas, it's from Profootball talk.

I would still love to have him back.

ICE74129
12-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I guess MOulds had the foresight to see that Boolarkey was gonna blow it because in the end, he and the fans share the same opinion on him.

**** him. I'd never have that pos back.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
**** him. I'd never have that pos back. yeah I know it's all about who you like personally and not what good for the team. :rolleyes:

ICE74129
12-01-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah I know it's all about who you like personally and not what good for the team. :rolleyes:

Marv got rid of moulds because he isn't good for the team. He wasn't last year and never would be again. hell the POS wanted out, got traded and is now starting his **** down there.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Marv got rid of moulds because he isn't good for the team..
what? He got rid of Moulds because he wasn't worth no. 1 money at his age. Who do you think drafted him?

I agree Moulds wanted out but if he wants back in under our terms , I'm all for it.

Believe PFT all you want. It's a rumor site that would even post rumors started on a messaage board. That's a FACT.

ublinkwescore
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Everytime I see the word 'Moulds' I have to urge to say '**** him'

I only wear his jersey to play football now - nothing more - it's pretty much retired for Sundays now - unless I play on a sunday - which isn't happening while the Bills are playing.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Marv got rid of moulds because he isn't good for the team. He wasn't last year and never would be again. hell the POS wanted out, got traded and is now starting his **** down there.

Justa, I have to say that ICE really did some it up already.

Moulds didn't want to be here, was causing trouble at the end of his career here, and now is doing the same thing in Houston.

Yeah, if Moulds wants to come back under our conditions, absolutely. Hang on, I just crapped another golden egg out of my ass. Anyway, where were we? Ohh, can you imagine Moulds on his first day back? Hey JP, I know I told everyone that you sucked but I'm ready to suck it up and catch passes from you. Hmmmm.

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Justa, I have to say that ICE really did some it up already.

Moulds didn't want to be here, was causing trouble at the end of his career here, and now is doing the same thing in Houston.

Yeah, if Moulds wants to come back under our conditions, absolutely. Hang on, I just crapped another golden egg out of my ass. Anyway, where were we? Ohh, can you imagine Moulds on his first day back? Hey JP, I know I told everyone that you sucked but I'm ready to suck it up and catch passes from you. Hmmmm.
and I agree. But like I said if he changes his mind and wants to come back just like Peerless did (who by the way left for the same reason , cash. Unlike Moulds however, he did his part as a teammate and resigned for less) I'd take him back just like Price.

Again, until someone shows me facts that Moulds didn't like Jp for personal reasons, I will always maintain that it wasn't personal and that he didn't want to start all over again having had to endure so many changes in his carreer here in buffalo.

The team was primed (so they thought) to make a run for the playoffs only to be taken away by starting a rookie WHO WE ALL AGREE wasn't ready to lead the team to the playoffs which the vets were so hungry for after so many years under TD.

Moulds did not divide this team. TD did by putting the vets who's worked their ass off in a bad situation by starting a very raw and unprepared rookie.

Think of it, Moulds didn't not even bother to test the market to resign with the bills. He even told Price that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that he should resign with the bills. Price opted for cash. TKO told Marvin Lewis not to even bother making a counter offer because he wanted to join the bills.

TD got rid of Pat Williams. How do you think the vets felt about that? Are you trying to put the team in a situation to win or are you rebuilding? Again, Pat just like Moulds left.

Moulds is no different from Price who we accepted back. He of all the bills players had every right to voice his displeasure that TD put the team in.

My only problem is that he wanted out. WHAT If he wanted back in ? I'd take him in a hearbeat but it has to be in our terms.

ICE hates everyone who he doesn't like. He also dislikes Willis. Why? Who knows?

If Moulds had a Jim Kelly his entire carreer, none of us would have a problem signing him to a huge contract because he would've easily had Harrisons numbers and a sure HOF.

The_Philster
12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Again, until someone shows me facts that Moulds didn't like Jp for personal reasons, I will always maintain that it wasn't personal and that he didn't want to start all over again having had to endure so many changes in his carreer here in buffalo.
on his last show, he even mentioned how he and JP held no animosity for each other :idunno:

justasportsfan
12-01-2006, 04:18 PM
on his last show, he even mentioned how he and JP held no animosity for each other :idunno:

Moulds is a liar, ICE knows the truth.

The_Philster
12-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Moulds is a liar, ICE knows the truth.
:spit:

LifetimeBillsFan
12-02-2006, 03:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear about what Moulds and the other Bills vets expected, etc.:

The Chargers just replaced Drew Brees with Phillip Rivers, a guy who had been sitting on the bench for 2 years, and their vets--who had just as much reason to expect to be a playoff team as the Bills vets did last year--sucked it up and are presently 9-2. Nobody has said anything negative about Rivers being handed the starting QB job.

Last year, Kyle Orton stepped in as the starting QB for the Bears and performed just as badly as Losman--finishing with a lower QB rating than JP--but Chicago's vets didn't quit. They went out and won the division.

Two years ago, Giants replaced Kurt Warner with the untried rookie Eli Manning even though they were 5-3 and in a position to make the playoffs. When the vets complained, their coach told them to shut up or he would find them a ticket out of town--and they shut up. They missed the playoffs that year as Eli Manning struggled--putting up numbers comparable to those put up by Losman last season. But last season, with Manning at the helm, they won their division and, even though Manning is playing worse than Losman this season, they are in a position to still win their division or, at the least, make the playoffs again.

The fact of the matter is that Moulds complained to the press about having to start over again with a new QB a week before the season started last year. He threw Losman under the bus by telling members of the media that there were other vets who agreed with him that Losman wasn't ready and the Bills had a better chance of winning with Holcomb at QB during the week after Losman won his first start at QB against Houston. Unlike the San Diego and Chicago vets, Moulds (and others) decided to throw Losman under the bus last year before JP even lost a game. And, need I remind you of the way that the Bills veterans on defense responded to a little adversity the first time that Losman did make a rookie mistake in the Tampa Bay game? By laying down and letting the Bucs drive 70 yards for a TD in a handful of plays.

Moulds and others in the Bills lockerroom put their own interests before those of the team. In the process, they (along with the coaches) ruined the Bills season and helped to set back Losman's development for a year. Had they not done so, the Bills might be a playoff-caliber team today, in spite of how poor the Mularkey coaching staff was.

Moulds said that, if the Bills weren't going to pay him, he wanted to play for a winner, but, rather than signing with Philly--where he would have been the focal point of the passing game--or Carolina or some other playoff-caliber team, he went to Houston for the money. But, remember that he also said, in the off-season, that he was not going to be the # 2 behind Lee Evans as well. So, now Moulds is unhappy because a younger, faster All-Pro caliber WR is the focal point of the Houston offense and he is not. Tough. And, isn't it interesting that Moulds wasn't letting on that he was unhappy until after Houston lost to the Bills? Give me a break!

Moulds still be a better receiver than P.Price and might be a more productive # 2 WR for the Bills than Price has been, but, given the attitude that he has displayed the last two seasons, I would not want him in my lockerroom and I'm glad that the Bills let him go, especially at the price. And, while I don't wish him ill, quite frankly, I don't care that he is unhappy: he made his bed and now he's just going to have to sleep in it.

ddaryl
12-02-2006, 04:24 AM

HELL NO!!!

Moulds is an aging vet, who likes to voice his displeasures to the media. He was a cancer in Buffalo his last couple of years, and a young team that is trying to rebuild would be better off bringing in anyone else besides such a player.

Moulds may have had some great years, but the ship has sailed and Moulds has no place in Buffalo anymore. Time to move forward, time to rebuild with players who can be leaders though adversity... Moulds proved he wasn't such a player those last few years IMO.

justasportsfan
12-02-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear about what Moulds and the other Bills vets expected, etc.:

The Chargers just replaced Drew Brees with Phillip Rivers, a guy who had been sitting on the bench for 2 years, and their vets--who had just as much reason to expect to be a playoff team as the Bills vets did last year--sucked it up and are presently 9-2. Nobody has said anything negative about Rivers being handed the starting QB job.

Last year, Kyle Orton stepped in as the starting QB for the Bears and performed just as badly as Losman--finishing with a lower QB rating than JP--but Chicago's vets didn't quit. They went out and won the division.

Two years ago, Giants replaced Kurt Warner with the untried rookie Eli Manning even though they were 5-3 and in a position to make the playoffs. When the vets complained, their coach told them to shut up or he would find them a ticket out of town--and they shut up. They missed the playoffs that year as Eli Manning struggled--putting up numbers comparable to those put up by Losman last season. But last season, with Manning at the helm, they won their division and, even though Manning is playing worse than Losman this season, they are in a position to still win their division or, at the least, make the playoffs again.

The fact of the matter is that Moulds complained to the press about having to start over again with a new QB a week before the season started last year. He threw Losman under the bus by telling members of the media that there were other vets who agreed with him that Losman wasn't ready and the Bills had a better chance of winning with Holcomb at QB during the week after Losman won his first start at QB against Houston. Unlike the San Diego and Chicago vets, Moulds (and others) decided to throw Losman under the bus last year before JP even lost a game. And, need I remind you of the way that the Bills veterans on defense responded to a little adversity the first time that Losman did make a rookie mistake in the Tampa Bay game? By laying down and letting the Bucs drive 70 yards for a TD in a handful of plays.

Moulds and others in the Bills lockerroom put their own interests before those of the team. In the process, they (along with the coaches) ruined the Bills season and helped to set back Losman's development for a year. Had they not done so, the Bills might be a playoff-caliber team today, in spite of how poor the Mularkey coaching staff was.

Moulds said that, if the Bills weren't going to pay him, he wanted to play for a winner, but, rather than signing with Philly--where he would have been the focal point of the passing game--or Carolina or some other playoff-caliber team, he went to Houston for the money. But, remember that he also said, in the off-season, that he was not going to be the # 2 behind Lee Evans as well. So, now Moulds is unhappy because a younger, faster All-Pro caliber WR is the focal point of the Houston offense and he is not. Tough. And, isn't it interesting that Moulds wasn't letting on that he was unhappy until after Houston lost to the Bills? Give me a break!

Moulds still be a better receiver than P.Price and might be a more productive # 2 WR for the Bills than Price has been, but, given the attitude that he has displayed the last two seasons, I would not want him in my lockerroom and I'm glad that the Bills let him go, especially at the price. And, while I don't wish him ill, quite frankly, I don't care that he is unhappy: he made his bed and now he's just going to have to sleep in it.
I usually agree with you but not this time. Anyone who was a t camp clearly saw that KH was way better than JP and that isn't saying much. You had the D comparing themselves to the bears sb D. Problem was , they saw that on the otherside of the ball they knew JP was gonna be a huge step back.

JP was running around the field like a headless chicken during camp. The vets just got tired of losing and just wanted to have the best chance to win. If that means they are putting themselves ahead of the team. That's your interpretation.

justasportsfan
12-02-2006, 10:26 AM
HELL NO!!!

Moulds is an aging vet, who likes to voice his displeasures to the media. He was a cancer in Buffalo his last couple of years, and a young team that is trying to rebuild would be better off bringing in anyone else besides such a player.

Moulds may have had some great years, but the ship has sailed and Moulds has no place in Buffalo anymore. Time to move forward, time to rebuild with players who can be leaders though adversity... Moulds proved he wasn't such a player those last few years IMO.
we'll just have to agree to disagree. Moulds is better than anyone we have at the no. 2 spot. We have great depth at the wr position but not a wr group that could take us to the sb. Like I said, I'm all for it as long as it's under out conditions and if he agrees to it. It's gotta be cap friendly and he understands that Evans is now the no. 1 guy.

ParanoidAndroid
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Good Post, Lifetime! :up: