PDA

View Full Version : Full Team Game

Pride
11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone around notice that in the first half of the season... the defense was dominating some teams... was looking sharp and making plays?

You could see it in the defensive players faces when asked about the offense... that they just didnt have any confidence in them.

Now it seemst he roles have reversed. The defense can't stop a runner to save its life, and the offense is now scoring points (though inconsistently).

I wonder if we will see a game this season where all 3 phases of the team (O, D, and Special Teams) show up all in the same game.

When THAT happens... I'll get excited!

OpIv37
11-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Teams where one side of the ball is significantly better than the other rarely win. Successful teams usually have great defenses and slightly above average offenses, or occasionally superior offenses and slightly above average defenses.

But GOOD teams win by having one side of the ball pick up the slack for the other side. Example: the past week, our D blew it but offense and ST stepped it up and won the game. In the age of the salary cap, it's impossible for any team to dominate all 3 phases of the game- the key is having each group good enough to contribute when they have to.

I think it's still a stretch to say the Bills are a good team, but they're starting do do some of the things that good teams do and that's very encouraging.

The last buffalo fan
11-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Teams where one side of the ball is significantly better than the other rarely win. Successful teams usually have great defenses and slightly above average offenses, or occasionally superior offenses and slightly above average defenses.

But GOOD teams win by having one side of the ball pick up the slack for the other side. Example: the past week, our D blew it but offense and ST stepped it up and won the game. In the age of the salary cap, it's impossible for any team to dominate all 3 phases of the game- the key is having each group good enough to contribute when they have to.

I think it's still a stretch to say the Bills are a good team, but they're starting do do some of the things that good teams do and that's very encouraging.

Not even on my own language, I could say it better!!!

justasportsfan
11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Not even on my own language, I could say it better!!!
Cono.