• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Bills Offense Spreading Things Out

The past two weeks the Bills offense has shown an increase in its efficiency particularly in the passing game. Shorter drops, quicker passes along with bootlegs and screens have all helped, but spreading things out with open formations may be one of the bigger reasons for the recent success.
    At times this season Buffalo's offensive staff has been concerned about protection and rightly so. At one point in the season J.P. Losman was getting sacked once every 10 drop backs. There were even games, like the one at Indianapolis, where maximum protection still didn't provide a consistent answer to the protection problems.
    So the offensive staff eventually elected to go with more three and four receiver sets. By putting more receiving threats on the field the opposing defense had to pull more players out of the box thereby reducing the number of pass rushers. Secondly, Bills GM Marv Levy believes it becomes a bit easier to get a pre-snap handle on what the opposing defense is going to do when the offense spreads them out.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Offense Spreading Things Out

we're still so far away especially when it comes to consistency but at least I like the direction we're headed.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Re: Bills Offense Spreading Things Out

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      we're still so far away especially when it comes to consistency but at least I like the direction we're headed.
      I like seeing JP step up and fire passes downfield.

Comment

Working...
      X