The key to victory is not the weather!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

The key to victory is not the weather!!!

The Chargers 2 losses came on the East Coast. San Diego is essentially playing a game at 10AM with some jet lag!! In both loses LT ran for under 100 and Rivers had mediocre play. Pretty simple.

THE KEYS TO A BILLS WIN:

The score needs to stay low. I think LT will easily run for over 150 yards in this game no-matter-what. I'll bet money on it. I would focus less on stopping the run and more on not letting Rivers get into a rythm and burn us for the quick score. Blitz all day and make him as uncomfortable as hell in the pocket. 24 points is the magic number. If San Diego stays under 24 we can win the game. If they score over 24 points we are DONE!! JP and the offense need to play calm and relaxed as they have the last 2 weeks for us to have a shot. NO STUPID TRICK PLAYS. Since SD is going to pass rush alot expect that the middle of the field should be open. Cieslak and Royal need to have big games. McGahee is not going to run on these guys but the screen pass had better be working so he can get some positive yards.

For those who think weather is an advantage. Kelly was so effective in Rich Stadium because he had some years under his belt and knew how to throw the ball in that stadium. Rivers may struggle with bad weather but so will JP so as far I'm concerned it's a draw at best for the QB's. Running goes to the better OL and RB. San Diego. I would be hoping for cold, dry weather.
  • RBI90
    • Nov 2006

Re: The key to victory is not the weather!!!

Not knocking your post, but since when is KC on the East coast?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RBI90
      it will be after global warming and the ensuing storms and tsunamis flood the continent.

Oh, sorry- I thought I was Discotrish for a second.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RBI90
        • Nov 2006

[quote=HHURRICANE]In both loses LT ran for under 100 and Rivers had mediocre play. quote]

Okay, in the Baltimore game, Rivers was 13/22 for 145 yds, 1 TD amd 1 INT. Not great stats, but more importantly that was the game that ended "Martyball". In the KC game, Rivers was 25/43 for 266 YDS, 2 TD's and 1 INT. Not exactly what I would call mediocre.

I would focus more on the Oakland game where he was 14/31 for 133 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. Still, the Chargers won riding LT's back.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Yep, I caught that after I posted. Still not a west coast team.

I really don't need to explain myself to you,because after we win you aren't going to be posting here anyway.

Thanks for refraining from the namecalling. ~Cntrygal
          Last edited by Cntrygal; 12-01-2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• RBI90
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Yep, I caught that after I posted. Still not a west coast team.

I really don't need to explain myself to you, because after we win you aren't going to be posting here anyway.
            Not true. If you win, I have already stated that I will be back on Monday to congratulate you on the win and to wish you luck. Then it'll be on to the Denver board. Not all opposing fans are the same, just like not all Bills fans are like Skooby!
            Last edited by Cntrygal; 12-01-2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

I think the key to beating SD is ...

1) Creating turnovers

2) Field Position: Moorman needs a big day.

3) Defense/Special Teams returning a Int/Fum./Punt/kickoff back for a Touchdown

4) Keep the game close. If the Bills have to pass they are done. SD could rack up 5+ sacks in this game.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

[quote=RBI90]
                I would focus more on the Oakland game where he was 14/31 for 133 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT. Still, the Chargers won riding LT's back.
                Okay, so after Monday we'll never see you again.

By the way, you also made my other point which is don't let Rivers get into a rythm. The Bill's offense is a little better than the Raiders and we are playing at home. If Rivers has the same stats that he had in Oakland, which I doubt, we will win this game.

We had a game a few years back with Miami and Ricky Williams at home. He ran for 220 yards and we still won the game. Rivers is the key on Sunday.

Comment

• RBI90
                  • Nov 2006

[quote=HHURRICANE]

Okay, so after Monday we'll never see you again.

By the way, you also made my other point which is don't let Rivers get into a rythm. The Bill's offense is a little better than the Raiders and we are playing at home. If Rivers has the same stats that he had in Oakland, which I doubt, we will win this game.

We had a game a few years back with Miami and Ricky Williams at home. He ran for 220 yards and we still won the game. Rivers is the key on Sunday.
                  Good points! You did win last week despite giving up 188 yards to Taylor and Jones-Drew so you have shown you can win despite giving up rushing yards. I think it's more important to keep LT out of the endzone rather than limiting his yards.

The Bills offense being better than the Raiders has little to no impact on how Rivers does. I'd be more concerned with how your defense is worse than the Raiders though.

And yes, I won't be back after Monday unless we manage to meet again in the playoffs (stranger things have happened!)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

[quote=RBI90]

Good points! You did win last week despite giving up 188 yards to Taylor and Jones-Drew so you have shown you can win despite giving up rushing yards. I think it's more important to keep LT out of the endzone rather than limiting his yards.

The Bills offense being better than the Raiders has little to no impact on how Rivers does. I'd be more concerned with how your defense is worse than the Raiders though.

And yes, I won't be back after Monday unless we manage to meet again in the playoffs (stranger things have happened!)
                    First off, I appreciate the honesty!! KUDOS.

The reason that the "Bills offense being better than the Raiders" is relevant is because we certainly have the ability to put up more than 14 points which might make a difference if you only score 21 points.

Every team that has played the Bills with a good running game has ground up a lot of time that has actually worked to our adavntage. Jauron is time management kind of coach and keeps us in games against better teams.

Comment

• RBI90
                      • Nov 2006

[quote=HHURRICANE]

First off, I appreciate the honesty!! KUDOS.

The reason that the "Bills offense being better than the Raiders" is relevant is because we certainly have the ability to put up more than 14 points which might make a difference if you only score 21 points.

Every team that has played the Bills with a good running game has ground up a lot of time that has actually worked to our adavntage. Jauron is time management kind of coach and keeps us in games against better teams.
                      I hear what you're saying, believe me. I agree that your offense is more potent than the Raiders offense. Where I disagree is where the Bills defense only limits us to 21 points.

My other point is limiting LT from scoring not his yards. He has had some breakout games from a yards perspective, but it's his scoring that is killing other teams.

OAK 131 YDS 1 TD
                      TEN 71 YDS 2 TD
                      BAL 98 YDS 0 TD Loss
                      PIT 36 YDS 0 TD
                      SF 71 YDS 4 TD
                      KC 66 YDS 1 TD Loss
                      STL 183 YDS 3 TD
                      CLE 172 YDS 3 TD
                      CIN 104 YDS 4 TD
                      DEN 105 YDS 4 TD
                      OAK 109 YDS 2 TD

Personally, I think the game will be close. I also think that it'll be Gates who contributes more to the Bills losing rather than LT or Rivers.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Never said that the San Diego only scores 21 points. I was saying if it was the Bills last week who kept you to 21 we might have won the game.

I already posted that if you score more than 24 points we are done.

Last I looked we are the underdog. I bet a game or two every week and even with 6 I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole.

Comment

• RBI90
                          • Nov 2006

Well, we're in agreement there! I'm not touching this game either!!!

Either way, here's to a great game and NO INJURIES!!!

Comment

• BigBoltIke
                            • Nov 2006

I did a teaser on it. All the Bolts have to do is win.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BigBoltIke
                              I did a teaser on it. All the Bolts have to do is win.
                              I have no idea what you are talking about but I want to meet the woman in your avatar!!!! Does she live in the Gas Light district?

Comment

Working...
                              X