X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpetre13
    • Sep 2006

Shawne Merriman

Anyone up for some "cheater" chants this sunday? Perhaps even a huge cardboard needle like the ones for Barry Bonds?
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Shawne Merriman

The guys a great player. But i lost all respect for him. He's trash.. And i will be expecting some chants.

Comment

• BigBoltIke
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jpetre13
      Anyone up for some "cheater" chants this sunday? Perhaps even a huge cardboard needle like the ones for Barry Bonds?
      Merriman tested positive for Nandrolone, which can only be taken orally. Shooting nandrolone would be like shooting marijuana, so if you go out there with a needle you'll look stupid.

If you want to make fun of him, you should show up with a giant cardboard pill bottle.

On a side note, if you worked out really intensely and were taking a dietary suppliment like creatine, you would almost certainly test positive for nandrolone.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BigBoltIke
        Merriman tested positive for Nandrolone, which can only be taken orally. Shooting nandrolone would be like shooting marijuana, so if you go out there with a needle you'll look stupid.

If you want to make fun of him, you should show up with a giant cardboard pill bottle.

On a side note, if you worked out really intensely and were taking a dietary suppliment like creatine, you would almost certainly test positive for nandrolone.

Sure, doctor.

Comment

• BigBoltIke
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by slimschmittie
          Sure, doctor.
          Actually I looked it up, because I wasn't sure whether or not to believe him.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Actually I looked it up, because I wasn't sure whether or not to believe him.
            Its not like he's going to come out and blatantly say "i took sterioids."

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Wrong. Been there done that.

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

ummm... bull*****

People who work out know what they're taking. I think there's a reason he hasnt publically stated which product was 'tainted'.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise. The reason for this unexpected result has not been determined. Another possible (though unlikely) reason for a false positive result is the consumption of beef from cattle treated with steroids including nandrolone (used in overturning the verdict against the bobsleigh racer, Lenny Paul). Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has also shown false positives in some and was cited by American Shotputter C.J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test. A final possible cause of incorrect urine test results is the presence of metabolites from other anabolic steroids.

So he is right, but what he took and how much of the substance was in him still has yet to be found out. Bein a weightlifter myself, I would understand that it would suck to have a bad rap of bein a "juicer" just because you happen to take alot of supplements (creatine) and it happens to raise your levels, but also, merrimen is not the only huge dude out there in the NFL, whatever he is taking, you have to wonder what it is, and why if all other players in the league taking creatine or eating as much protein as you need to maintain your muscle mass, why dont they test positive? so whatever he is taking that made him go over the legal levels of nandrolone, he best stop. and if it is really illegal steroids, then shame on him...but i bet it's real hard to find out how the raises levels or nandrolone came from.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

If seriously doubt Merriman tested positve because he worked out too hard and took some creatine. And the guy's lawsuit is a front. He obviously is lying to everyone that is willing to listen to him. And I am sure that there are players on Buffalo that are "working out too hard" as well.

And for some information that may or may not be known...

An NFL payer is only publicly identified after his 3rd offense.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

he lost 10 pounds since his suspension

Comment

• BigBoltIke
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
                        If seriously doubt Merriman tested positve because he worked out too hard and took some creatine. And the guy's lawsuit is a front. He obviously is lying to everyone that is willing to listen to him. And I am sure that there are players on Buffalo that are "working out too hard" as well.

And for some information that may or may not be known...

An NFL payer is only publicly identified after his 3rd offense.
                        The story was broken illegally, if you weren't aware. Merriman tested positive in August, his first, and only offense.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• BigBoltIke
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kenny
                          ummm... bull*****

People who work out know what they're taking. I think there's a reason he hasnt publically stated which product was 'tainted'.
                          Well, he's suing the company that made the suppliment. I'm not making this **** up man, I'm a political science grad, not a biologist. Nandrolone is a sketchy substance for DQing someone because it A.) occurs in high levels naturally, and B.) can be found in higher levels from sources outside of juicing.

I guess you guys wouldn't defend Losman if he tested positive for heroin because he ate Poppy Seed Muffins either.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Who cares? He got busted. Get over it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

The story was broken illegally, if you weren't aware. Merriman tested positive in August, his first, and only offense.
                              No NFL player is suspended for a 'first, and only offense". It's against the CBA and the union wouldn't stand for it.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X