X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

My Report from Ground Zero (BUF AT WSH)

ok, going to this game I had serious concerns.....

Being we were playing till after 11 Last nite.... And Hearing "Koharski" was an Official...

OK, Arrived at the Arena, and it was obvious Right away the Buffalo Fans outnumbered the Washington fans..... sad really, security didn't know what to do with the few drunk annoying Sabres fans...

The Arena was still only like 3/4 Full and Most of the 100/200 Sections were Sabres fans.. lol....

1st Period Started, and Right away my brother an I noticed that they didn't feel like skating, as evident by the 2 Defensive Breakdowns in the 1st 2 Minutes, both leading to goals... and Miller was yanked after Ovechkin's Goal

It Seemed we got more scoring chances off the shorthanded situations... which were a plenty in the 1st Two Periods...

Biron's 1st Goal against him was a Lucky bounce, off his shoulder, over him, then off his arse and in..

Less than 5 Minutes into the 2nd Period, Briere Dumps the puck in.. stops.. and right when they open the bench door Ovechkin skates up behinds him and rams him with an elbow, Briere fell head first into the open door... and Prior to the Ovechkin Check, Briere Played 2 or 3 Shifts without a helmet ....which was knocked off with a hi stick.

and Immediately Mair and Gaustad pounded his ass good...
    which was a Sorta,, Win-Lose Situation, .. Win for sticking up for our Guy,
    Lose by Putting the Bench Down 2 Forwards (well 3 Since Peters Doesnt Skate), and the Team is already tired from last nite...

To top it off, the entire Capitals team was hounding Briere all nite, hooking and grabbing his stick.... crap... Briere was called Twice for Hooking when it was a Washington player holding his stick.. and there were Dives a Plenty by the Caps....

We Got it going halfway thru the 2nd Period.. After Afinogenov was literally thrown down by a glove to the face.... resulting in a 3 on 1 For Washington, Biron came out and Petty boy put it in the empty net... and the Afinogenov Goal that was dissallowed was a Hometown Call... he didn't kick it in at all, hes Right Leg was Rotating AWAY from the Net, and it went in off his upper shin/knee...

and when Washington Scored the 6th Goal they tried harder, but couldn't get any decent bounces..

The Kick-boards and Ice in the Arena Sucked, The Kick-boards were terribly soft, the bumpers on pool tables are harder... lol... puck was going off the boards at some weird angles.

The Empty Netter was a Mysteriously perfect bounce off the glass.... cleared around the boards it hits the glass and deflects and coasts all the way down the ice...

So..

Team didn't show up in the 1st... Spotted Washington 3-0 lead
    Ovechkin Purposely tries to injure Briere, K, That Deserves a Suspension... and I can give two "hockey pucks" if he is the NHL's Poster boy, it was cheap, Dirty, and Apparent..... no questions asked, he knew what he was doing when he did it...

Game is on DVR, I got some pics, but not alot....

The Real stinker was the caps fans that were there were effing rude, telling me to "f.u.c.k. off" and that we suck and stuff, umm... i merely said.. "20-4-2, 42 points"... and this idiot wanted to try and "pound my face" stupid arse... and a bunch of us got harassed all the way to our cars by drunks...

a few Sabres fans got ejected for something.... don't know what exactly... and what the fu.ck is up with the "KissCam"? Are they implying that Buffalo Fans are Gay?, they Kept Putting up 2 Male Sabres fans on the screen....and then they get mad when they shoot them the finger... i mean WTF..... purposely showing 2 Guys and expecting them to kiss... thats dumb...

I'll add more to this post when i get some sleep and remember everything

I Did Find a Use For that Poster thy gave to Everyone, well, my brother told them to keep their garbage.. lol..
    Last edited by SkateZilla; 12-03-2006, 03:52 AM.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Re: My Report from Ground Zero (BUF AT WSH)

Originally posted by SkateZilla
    ok, going to this game i had serious concerns.....

Being we were playing till after 11 Last nite.... And Hearing "Koharski" was an Official...

OK, Arrived at the Arena, and it was obvious Right away the Buffalo Fans outnumbered the Washington fans..... sad really, security didn't know what to do with the few drunk annoying Sabres fans...

1st Period Started, and Right away my brother an I noticed that they ddid feel like skating, as evident by the 2 Defensive Breakdowns in the 1st 2 Minutes, both leading to goals... and Miller was yanked after Ovechkin's Goal

It Seemed we got more scoring chances off the shorthanded situations... which were a plenty in the 1st Two Periods...

Biron's 1st Goal against him was a Lucky bounce, off his should over him then off his arse and in..

Less than 5 Minutes into the 2nd Period, Briere Dumps the puck in.. stops.. and right when they open the bench door ovechkin skates up behinds him and rams him with an elbow, Briere fell head first into the open door...

and Immediately Mair and Gaustad pounded his ass good...
    which was a Sorta,, Win-Lose Situation, .. Win for sticking up for our Guy, Lose by Putting the Bench Down 2 Forwards (well 3 Since Peters Doesnt Skate), and the Team is already tired from last nite...

To top it off, the entire Capitals team was hounding Briere all nite, hooking and grabbing his stick.... crap... Briere was called Twice for Hooking when it was a Washington player hold his stick.. and there were Dives a Plenty by the Caps....

We Got it going halfway thru the 2nd Period.. After Afinogenov was literally thrown down by a glove to the face.... resulting in a 3 on 1 For Washington, Biron came out and Petty boy put it in the empty net... and the Afinogenov Goal that was dissallowed was a Hometown Call... he didnt kick it in at all, hes Right Leg was Rotating AWAY from teh Net, and it went in off his upper shin/knee...

and when Washington Scored the 6th Goal they tried harder, but couldnt get any decent bounces..

The Kick-boards and Ice in the Arena Sucked, The Kickboards were terribly soft, the bumpers on pool tables are harder... lol... puck was going off the boards at some weird angles.

The Empty Netter was a Mysteriously perfect bounce off the glass.... cleared around the boards it hits the glass and deflects and coasts all the way down the ice...

So..

Team didnt show up in the 1st... Spotter Washington 3-0 lead
    Ovechkin Purposely tries to injure Briere, K, That Deserves a Suspension... and I can give two "hockey pucks" if he is the NHL's Poster boy, it was cheap, Dirty, and Apparent..... no questions ask, he knew what he was doing when he did it...

The Vanek - Roy - Max line and Drury are the only ones that tried to play....

Game is on DVR, I got some pics, but not alot....

The Real stinker was the caps fans that were there were effing rude, telling me to "f.u.c.k. off" and that we suck and stuff, umm... i merely said.. "20-4-2, 42 points"... and this idiot wanted to try and "pound my face" stupid arse...

a few sabres fans got ejected for something.... dont know what exactly... and what the fu.ck is up with the "KissCam"? Are they implying that Buffalo Fans are Gay?, they Kept Putting up 2 Male Sabres fans on the screen....and then they get mad when they shoot them the finger... i mean WTF.....

I'll add more to this post when i get some sleep and remember everything

I Did Find a Use For that Poster thy gave to Everyone, well, my brother told them to keep their garbage.. lol..
    Biron's 1st Goal against him was a Lucky bounce, off his should over him then off his arse and in
    Actually what Jim Lorentz said he does the color commentary for the Sabres he said that the puck bounced up and it hit the handle of Biron's stick and went into the net.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

ah the "KissCam" We got one here also or we did I don't know if they still do it since I haven't been to the HSBC arena yet this year. It's hillarious at the end they always put the camera on the oposing players bench the crowd gets a roar out of it.

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

k, re-reading my post .. (i hate my bro's pc, keyboard sucks),

i'll clean it up tomarrow,

but first, the Puck was a high shot, biron put it up off his shoulder, as it came down behind him it tipped off his rear end and dribbled into the net...

as for the KissCam.. i know the sabres have one.. I am simply asking why the camera people kept putting up 2 Guys in Buffalo Gear every few times... expecting 2 guys to kiss, implying that we are gay or something.... they did this numerous times..
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

I'm not doubting you on the fluke goal Biron let in, I'm just telling you what they said on TV.

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            I'm not doubting you on the fluke goal Biron let in, I'm just telling you what they said on TV.
            I'm just saying, from a TV angle it would look like it hit his stick, but from where I was.. it clearly popped up off his shoulder.. no big deal.. it was still a softie.. lol..
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I thought the Max no-goal was a good call...I would've wanted the same result if it was a goal against the Sabres.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

Update: Some Pictures... From the Owners Box with 12x Zoom..... ... ..

Downsized from 6 MP to about 3.5MP

Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                X