PDA

View Full Version : Bills fan in Afghanistan with a big favor to ask...

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Yep, I'm stuck here in Bagram, Afghanistan. It's not so bad actually. And it's snowing here today to give me a little taste of home.

The big favor I'm asking is...Does anyone know of an IP address I can type into my browser to listen to a pirated broadcast of today's Bills game? A great guy from the BillsZone hooked me up with just such a thing a couple seasons ago when I was in Korea. I won't say his name, but I'm thankful for types of Bills fans like that.

I even tried to pay for that bull**** NFL realplayer season pass, but the bandwidth isn't high enough here to support it. Although Sabres game on WGR 55 come in just fine. Which is awesome.

If any knows of such a "Hookup" I would really appreciate it if they'd PM with the IP.

Thanks,

Paul

Mitchy moo
12-03-2006, 11:54 AM
God bless you Paul for protecting us so we can enjoy the things in life we take for granted. You are a great person and I want to wish you and yours very happy holidays.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 12:00 PM
http://97rock.com/music/listenlive.html

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks. I'd say I'm just a good person though. Nothing great. Though I do know some truly great men here.

kinigirly
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
also www.wedg.com streaming bills game

Luisito23
12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Thegamelive.com

GO BILLS!!!!!!

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
http://97rock.com/music/listenlive.html

I don't think that's going to work. They broadcast the pregame, but just as the game starts an announcement states "Due to NFL regulations we are not authorized to continue this broadcast. We will rejoin the broadcast after the game. Until then please enjoy our alternate programming."

The NFL won't allow local radio stations to broadcat the game on the internet. Those friggin money pigs.

The NHL does allow it...for now.

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Holy Crap! It worked! Back in week 1 I got that friggin "we can't play the game" message and tried the NFL Pass but that didn't work here. So I gave up and just tracked the games on NFL.com.

Humm. Now I'm pissed I haven't been listening to the games all year. Haha

But thank you everybody for your replies and assitance. I'm a happy guy now.

Funny thing is because of the lag getting the broadcast here, NFL.com Game Stats is 3 plays ahead.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
What time is it there??

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Buffalo Ranger... YOU DA MAN! ANY THING WE CAN SEND YOU?

HEY BILLSZONERS.... Can we get a care package drive together to get some stuff to Buffalo Ranger?

I'm in.

Buffalo Ranger... what do you need and where can it be sent?

LifetimeBillsFan
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Holy Crap! It worked! Back in week 1 I got that friggin "we can't play the game" message and tried the NFL Pass but that didn't work here. So I gave up and just tracked the games on NFL.com.

Humm. Now I'm pissed I haven't been listening to the games all year. Haha

But thank you everybody for your replies and assitance. I'm a happy guy now.

Funny thing is because of the lag getting the broadcast here, NFL.com Game Stats is 3 plays ahead.

I understand that they allow the radio broadcasts to go out over the Internet when the game is not sold out. Not sure if you will be able to get it other weeks.

And, let me just add my thanks to you for making the sacrifice of being there and being willing to do what you are doing. Let everyone there know how much we appreciate them and hope that they can come home unharmed.

shelby
12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Thank you for serving our country!:patriot:

:gobills:

hemi13
12-03-2006, 03:16 PM
God Bless you Paul
From a former Marine
Your in our prayers man and Merry Christmas
I'm in on the care package.

Cntrygal
12-03-2006, 05:38 PM