PDA

View Full Version : **** DICK JAURON

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 01:40 PM
He's spineless and incompetent.

That running play on 3rd and 5 was ridiculous, esp. considering how McGahee has been running today. I think he should have left Thomas in.

And he should have gone for it on that earlier 4th and short. Apparently the guy doesn't get it. The Chargers are a better team and we're going to have to gamble to beat them.

This is ****ing horse ****. Jauron handed them 7 points.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Does this mean you've already given up on Jauron?

LtFinFan66
12-03-2006, 01:42 PM
at least for today he has

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I wasn't impressed with Jauron's hiring in the first place, and I've been less than impressed with how he's coached since he's been here.

There have been a few times when Jauron has done things well this year and I've given him credit in those instances.

But a lot of us had our doubts about him and he's showing you why during this game.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I wasn't impressed with Jauron's hiring in the first place, and I've been less than impressed with how he's coached since he's been here.

There have been a few times when Jauron has done things well this year and I've given him credit in those instances.

But a lot of us had our doubts about him and he's showing you why during this game.
so wahts you stance on Jauron? You think he won't take us anywhere?

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
so wahts you stance on Jauron? You think he won't take us anywhere?

I have my doubts- he had a losing record before he got here, and he's made a LOT of questionable calls this year.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I have my doubts- he had a losing record before he got here, and he's made a LOT of questionable calls this year.
with a rebuilding team? Dude, we're gonna exceed your expectations. You still have your doubts?

!Papacrunk!
12-03-2006, 02:59 PM
through thick and thin man, thick and thin

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
through thick and thin man, thick and thin
He sure wasn't bustin Jaurons chops when we beat the Jags. Now ,we're facing a team that is favored to go to the sb and we're still in our first year of rebuild.

I understand OP, he's just overreacting.

!Papacrunk!
12-03-2006, 03:25 PM
He sure wasn't bustin Jaurons chops when we beat the Jags. Now ,we're facing a team that is favored to go to the sb and we're still in our first year of rebuild.

hat's off for taking it to the Chargers though. Even in the loss, the Bills are really starting together and I think they've turned a page for the better.

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I don't think the AFCWest as a whole is really as scary as a lot of peeps make them out to be. THe Chargers yes, just not the rest of the division.

odin
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
That TD drive at the end of the half should not have happened and it ended up costing us dearly.

shelby
12-03-2006, 03:27 PM
The final score says a lot for our team. We lost by only 3 points with a run D that isn't so hot and a QB who threw 2 interceptions and lost a fumble.
i am pleased with the progress our team is making. i'm not ready to throw Jauron under the bus.
:gobills:

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM

overreacting? Jauron calls a pass play, we convert that first down and kill the first half. It's 10-0 instead of 17-0 and we take the lead after the half.

Jauron gave them the difference in the game.

and let's not forget using 2 timeouts on one play and leaving us out of timeouts with almost 12 minutes to play in a close game. That was pure genius- Yale should be proud.

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Sometimes Jauron makes some HOF type calls and sometimes you think he has never coached football.

I still dont know what to make of the guy but he has three years to me just like everyone else.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
overreacting? Jauron calls a pass play, we convert that first down and kill the first half. It's 10-0 instead of 17-0 and we take the lead after the half.

Jauron gave them the difference in the game.

and let's not forget using 2 timeouts on one play and leaving us out of timeouts with almost 12 minutes to play in a close game. That was pure genius- Yale should be proud.

Like I siad, the bills so far have met your predicted record for the season and will most likely surpass it yet he gets no props for that?. Yet it's never enough for you.

The spread was 6.5. We lost by 3. The chargers are an awsome team. Complete. We're in the first year of rebuild. Na, you're overreacting. Other than the jets, which rebuilding team is doing better than us? KC doesn't even count, Edwards inherited a team with lots of talent.

Statman
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
The final score says a lot for our team. We lost by only 3 points with a run D that isn't so hot and a QB who threw 2 interceptions and lost a fumble.
i am pleased with the progress our team is making. i'm not ready to throw Jauron under the bus.
:gobills:
A run D that isn't so hot?

lol

That's like saying that it was a few degrees short of sunbathing weather today in Buffalo.

shelby
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
A run D that isn't so hot?

lol

That's like saying that it was a few degrees short of sunbathing weather today in Buffalo.
i am the master of the understatement.:bravo:

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Like I siad, the bills so far have met your predicted record for the season and will most likely surpass it yet he gets no props for that?. Yet it's never enough for you.

The spread was 6.5. We lost by 3. The chargers are an awsome team. Complete. We're in the first year of rebuild. Na, you're overreacting. Other than the jets, which rebuilding team is doing better than us? KC doesn't even count, Edwards inherited a team with lots of talent.

I said 6-10. We need one more win to meet my expectations. I could give a **** about the spread.

Putting a team together and coming up with a game plan are one thing. In-game calls are another. Jauron is terrible at in-game calls and decisions. The timeout/challenge thing is just the height of stupidity.

Oh, and has there been ONE game this year where we didn't waste a timeout early in a half? it happens EVERY game. If it happens on occassion, you can blame JP or blame the players for not getting to the line fast enough. But when it happens REPEATEDLY it's on the coaches for not making the necessary changes to fix it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I am fine with Jauron

I didn't like when he took a timeout before challenging that catch though....

raphael120
12-04-2006, 09:06 AM

i dont know about you, but beating the spreads of how bad your gonna get your ass kicked is no way to measure a football team. might make you feel good when you sleep at night, but not me, and neither should the bills be happy in just "beating the spread". These are competators here and have we gotten so friggin lame as bills fans that we should find happiness in beating spreads? yeah its great and all we didnt get blown out, but what ****ing sucks is the fact that we had a chance and some KEY CALLS BLEW IT. you dont need to be a bills fan to knkow that him not calling that fumble challenge pretty much came back to lose it for us. i measure them by wins and losses, and they lost, and in all reality, they SHOULD have won if the coach has his head from out of his ass, and the refs watching the right game.

jdbillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:19 AM

That running play on 3rd and 5 was ridiculous, esp. considering how McGahee has been running today. I think he should have left Thomas in.

And he should have gone for it on that earlier 4th and short. Apparently the guy doesn't get it. The Chargers are a better team and we're going to have to gamble to beat them.

This is ****ing horse ****. Jauron handed them 7 points.

It's easy to nit pick a couple calls here and there, especially if they don't work out. Going for on 4th down on our own 25 yard line in the first half when we are only down by 10?

If you watch an entire Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys, etc game, there are going to be a few calls here and there that are questionable that don't work out.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
It's easy to nit pick a couple calls here and there, especially if they don't work out. Going for on 4th down on our own 25 yard line in the first half when we are only down by 10?

If you watch an entire Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys, etc game, there are going to be a few calls here and there that are questionable that don't work out.

a couple? There were numerous over the course of the game, and the offensive play calling was too predictable again. This isn't nitpicking- it's a disturbing trend. Jauron doesn't know how to coach during a game.

And how could you defend the timeout/challenge call? That was ridiculous.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
My biggest problem with him in this game was runnig the ball on on 3 straight downs at their own 5 with their timeouts and over a minute. His decision to do that led to a punt and a san diego TD before the half. Most coaches would have tried to get a fg at least.

alohabillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:32 AM
a couple? There were numerous over the course of the game, and the offensive play calling was too predictable again. This isn't nitpicking- it's a disturbing trend. Jauron doesn't know how to coach during a game.

Dick did not call it! Blame players on field who took it!

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Dick did not call it! Blame players on field who took it!

players should be coached to know when it is appropriate to use a timeout and when it isn't.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I wonder who's idea it was to match a linebacker against gates. Total mismatch. :rolleyes:

alohabillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:40 AM
players should be coached to know when it is appropriate to use a timeout and when it isn't.

There was 1 sec left on play clock, it happens!

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
There was 1 sec left on play clock, it happens!

it happens EVERY ****ING GAME! At what point does Jauron make it stop happening? Our opponents never burn timeouts like we do.

jdbillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:48 AM

I think part of it was players executing. Fairchild calls the plays, players execute. I have been happy with the progress of the play calling over the last couple games and I am not going to jump off the ship over a couple of questionable ones that I am not even sure are questionable?

The conservative play calling came at the end of the first half when we had the ball on our own 2 yard line. Big deal.

The players called a timeout cause they were going to get a penalty, then they challenged the play. It didn't work out. The players need to execute and not turn the ball over.

A timeout that shouldn't have been used isn't why we lost this game. Its ridiculous? I think that is extreme also. Some of the refs calls were ridiculous, using a timeout that maybe didn't have to be used was a mistake.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I think part of it was players executing. Fairchild calls the plays, players execute. I have been happy with the progress of the play calling over the last couple games and I am not going to jump off the ship over a couple of questionable ones that I am not even sure are questionable?

The conservative play calling came at the end of the first half when we had the ball on our own 2 yard line. Big deal.

The players called a timeout cause they were going to get a penalty, then they challenged the play. It didn't work out. The players need to execute and not turn the ball over.

A timeout that shouldn't have been used isn't why we lost this game. Its ridiculous? I think that is extreme also. Some of the refs calls were ridiculous, using a timeout that maybe didn't have to be used was a mistake.

using a timeout and a challenge on the same play is ridiculous. If they're gonna challenge and it gets overturned, who cares about the penalty? And at some point, a time out becomes more important than 5 yards anyway. It's not like the 5 yards would have taken us out of field goal range. It was ridiculous.

And the conservative playcalling at the end of the first half gave SD 7 points. We lost by 3. It most certainly was a big deal.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 10:25 AM
From Clark Judge:

"1. Why did Buffalo's Dick Jauron lose two -- yes two -- timeouts challenging a call that was a sure loser?"

jdbillsfan
12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
using a timeout and a challenge on the same play is ridiculous. If they're gonna challenge and it gets overturned, who cares about the penalty? And at some point, a time out becomes more important than 5 yards anyway. It's not like the 5 yards would have taken us out of field goal range. It was ridiculous.

And the conservative playcalling at the end of the first half gave SD 7 points. We lost by 3. It most certainly was a big deal.

Fairchild's play calling didn't give SD 7 points. Willis should have gotten the first down and the defense should have been able to slow them down to at least a field goal.

jdbillsfan
12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
From Clark Judge:

"1. Why did Buffalo's Dick Jauron lose two -- yes two -- timeouts challenging a call that was a sure loser?"

The only sure loser is Clark Judge.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Fairchild's play calling didn't give SD 7 points. Willis should have gotten the first down and the defense should have been able to slow them down to at least a field goal.

but, our D wasn't stopping them and Willis wasn't running well all day. It doesn't take a clairvoyant to see what was gonna happen with 3 straight runs. And don't let Jauron off the hook- he can override Fairchild if need be. And he should have in this instance.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
The only sure loser is Clark Judge.

right, using two timeouts on one play is a sure-fire way to win football games. That whole sequence was ridiculous and I can't believe you're defending it.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I like Jauron and what's he's done with what he has. The players are playing hard for him.

madness
12-04-2006, 01:00 PM

Just like this thread...

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Just like this thread...

Great post. It really contributed to the conversation.

Jauron made a ****load of mistakes yesterday, AGAIN, including one of the most boneheaded coaching moves I've ever seen. Deal with it.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
WOw, he kept the game close against one of the better teams in the NFL, what an awful job. We actually have some hope in our franchise this year and we were in the playoff hunt for at the end of the season, not bad. I expected a 5-11 season, we have already matched that. Don't forget that Bill Billichick had a losing record as a coach before going to New England, anything can happen. Right now I think we are on the right track, hopefully we fight even harder next week.

madness
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Great post. It really contributed to the conversation.

Jauron made a ****load of mistakes yesterday, AGAIN, including one of the most boneheaded coaching moves I've ever seen. Deal with it.

Yes and **** Jauron is a real intelligent way to start a conversation. Jauron didn't lose the game.

"You can analyze all you want, but if you win the turnover battle, you’ll win about 93 percent of your games. I don’t care what the other stats say."

"Great football coaches have the vision to see, the faith to believe, the courage to do… and 25 great players."

"Styles of coaching may differ—from bombastic to philosophical. But at the end of the day, any good coach is a teacher."

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Yes and **** Jauron is a real intelligent way to start a conversation. Jauron didn't lose the game.

Wrong.

Like I said before, don't let one guy off the hook because other people screwed up.

With better time out management, we may have been able to stop the clock on SD's last drive and been able to kick it away after the final Bills TD.

With better play calling, we would have been down 10 at the half instead of 17.

Jauron ABSOLUTELY had a hand in this loss.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
NO matter how bad you guys think Jauron did yesterday, his team did way much better than other coaches of other teams who's faced the chargers ,that have been with their team longer and with better weapons.

Don't forget that he also had to battle the refs . Yeah the guys you complained about and yet did better than other coaches.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 02:22 PM
NO matter how bad you guys think Jauron did yesterday, his team did way much better than other coaches of other teams who's faced the chargers ,that have been with their team longer and with better weapons.

Don't forget that he also had to battle the refs . Yeah the guys you complained about and yet did better than other coaches.

that doesn't excuse the predictable, conservative offensive playcalling.

It doesn't excuse the way we waste timeouts early in halfs in every single game.

That doesn't excuse the timeout fiasco in the SD game.

That doesn't excuse his poor use of challenges.

The guy is simply not good at in-game decision-making and it showed once again.

It may be okay for you to ignore all those mistakes because the refs were bad and because we ALMOST won. I prefer to hold people accountable for their actions.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
that doesn't excuse the predictable, conservative offensive playcalling.

It doesn't excuse the way we waste timeouts early in halfs in every single game.

That doesn't excuse the timeout fiasco in the SD game.

That doesn't excuse his poor use of challenges.

The guy is simply not good at in-game decision-making and it showed once again.

It may be okay for you to ignore all those mistakes because the refs were bad and because we ALMOST won. I prefer to hold people accountable for their actions.

Inspite of that, we almost beat them. That's the point. Every coach coaches a bad game. Even BB admitted that in one of his losses this year. He coached a bad game.

He coached a great game against the pats in the first game. He coached a great game against the Jags and a few more. Sometimes it's not just the coaches.

Again OP, you really need to start comprehending properly. Where did it state that I was okay with the mistakes? Just because I don't share you opinion about him being a bad coach this early as the teams HC doesn't mean I am okay with his mistakes.

While you are harping on the negative ( I'm surprised .Not) on the other hand that this team did so much better with less compared to other so called high powered teams that played the chargers. But who cares about that, you'd rather dwell with what went wrong instead of what went right.

You cannot deny this team is headed the right direction. Tha'ts all I'm looking this season unlike you. You kept telling people about being careful about false hopes and yet all I hoped for is improvement.

As far as you're concerned he sucks at gameday decisions and yet this team is has matched your prediction with still a few games left. :huh:

If he exceeds your prediction, is he a bad coach or ar you bad a football?

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Inspite of that, we almost beat them. That's the point. Every coach coaches a bad game. Even BB admitted that in one of his losses this year. He coached a bad game.

He coached a great game against the pats in the first game. He coached a great game against the Jags and a few more. Sometimes it's not just the coaches.

Again OP, you really need to start comprehending properly. Where did it state that I was okay with the mistakes? Just because I don't share you opinion about him being a bad coach this early as the teams HC doesn't mean I am okay with his mistakes.

While you are harping on the negative ( I'm surprised .Not) on the other hand that this team did so much better with less compared to other so called high powered teams that played the chargers. But who cares about that, you'd rather dwell with what went wrong instead of what went right.

You cannot deny this team is headed the right direction. Tha'ts all I'm looking this season unlike you. You kept telling people about being careful about false hopes and yet all I hoped for is improvement.

As far as you're concerned he sucks at gameday decisions and yet this team is has matched your prediction with still a few games left. :huh:

If he exceeds your prediction, is he a bad coach or ar you bad a football?

I will agree that this team is headed in the right direction, but Jauron has had more bad games than just this one and that makes me nervous. I don't want to waste talent on a crappy HC yet again.

btw I think I predicted 6-10 and we only have 5 wins, so I don't know where you keep getting this "matched expectations" stuff.

I'm harping on the negative cuz we still lost. Yeah, we played them tough but we came up just short of beating a good team, yet again. And in the end, the effort doesn't count- only the tally in the L column does.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I will agree that this team is headed in the right direction, but Jauron has had more bad games than just this one and that makes me nervous. I don't want to waste talent on a crappy HC yet again.

btw I think I predicted 6-10 and we only have 5 wins, so I don't know where you keep getting this "matched expectations" stuff.

I'm harping on the negative cuz we still lost. Yeah, we played them tough but we came up just short of beating a good team, yet again. And in the end, the effort doesn't count- only the tally in the L column does.

If the team is headed the right direction, how is he a bad coach? If the team met (will exceed) your prediction/expectation this season, how is he a bad coach?

We lost. Are you surprised? All this loss proved to me that we didn't do so bad compared to other teams and that we're headed the right direction. The team has showed a LOT of heart especially the 2nd half of the season. Something you complained about. How does that make him a bad coach?

I can't wait for next season once we have filled the holes on this team.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
If the team is headed the right direction, how is he a bad coach? If the team met (will exceed) your prediction/expectation this season, how is he a bad coach?

We lost. Are you surprised? All this loss proved to me that we didn't do so bad compared to other teams and that we're headed the right direction. The team has showed a LOT of heart especially the 2nd half of the season. Something you complained about. How does that make him a bad coach?

I can't wait for next season once we have filled the holes on this team.

He's bad at making decisions during the game. A coach needs to do several things. He needs to have his players prepared and mentally ready, he needs to have them physically ready, he needs to have a good game plan, he needs to make good calls during the game, etc.

Jauron does some of these things well, but the decisions he makes during games just isn't one of them. And I'm not the only one who notices this.

And this team definitely turned around as far as the heart thing goes. They choked against NE, they looked hurried and flustered against the Jets, they got intimidated early in the game by the Bears, and there were several games where the D couldn't get off the field at the end. But they've really turned it around the last few games, with game-winning drives and a near-comeback against a good team.

That being said, it's frustrating to be so close to an upset but come up just short, yet again.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:20 PM
He's bad at making decisions during the game. A coach needs to do several things. He needs to have his players prepared and mentally ready, he needs to have them physically ready, he needs to have a good game plan, he needs to make good calls during the game, etc.

Jauron does some of these things well, but the decisions he makes during games just isn't one of them. And I'm not the only one who notices this.

And this team definitely turned around as far as the heart thing goes. They choked against NE, they looked hurried and flustered against the Jets, they got intimidated early in the game by the Bears, and there were several games where the D couldn't get off the field at the end. But they've really turned it around the last few games, with game-winning drives and a near-comeback against a good team.

That being said, it's frustrating to be so close to an upset but come up just short, yet again.I don't share your opinion about gameday decisions. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The team has met you expectations and it seems Jauron doesn't get credit for that. Instead he's a bad coach. :huh:

Oh well. My prediction is, you'll be changing your mind again.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't share your opinion about gameday decisions. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The team has met you expectations and it seems Jauron doesn't get credit for that. Instead he's a bad coach. :huh:

Oh well. My prediction is, you'll be changing your mind again.

you have to at least admit the timeout/challenge was a huge gaffe. Even if you blame the players on the field for taking the timeout, the reason they weren't ready was because Jauron was taking too long to decide whether or not to challenge.

Ed Hochuli sucks, but at least he knew more about the rule book than anyone on Buffalo's sideline.

Novacane
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM

His use of timeouts and challenges has been terrible all year. I'm not impressed either. I guess some people are just happy with him because they are comparing him to the last 2 morons we had

Michael82
12-04-2006, 03:26 PM
He coaches scared. :ill:

madness
12-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Wrong.

Like I said before, don't let one guy off the hook because other people screwed up.

With better time out management, we may have been able to stop the clock on SD's last drive and been able to kick it away after the final Bills TD.

With better play calling, we would have been down 10 at the half instead of 17.

Jauron ABSOLUTELY had a hand in this loss.

:rofl: We wouldn't have even been in that game if it wasn't for our coaching staff. They took a young, inexperienced team with a first year offense and defense and almost pulled out a win against one of the top teams in the NFL. How did we did do last week? How did the team we played last week do against our division rival that on paper is far superior?

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 09:38 AM
:rofl: We wouldn't have even been in that game if it wasn't for our coaching staff.
exactly. We wouldn't be moving the right direction if it wasn't for our coaching staff. People are again getting impatient. At the beginning of the year everyone said they'd be happy in this first year of rebuild as long as we're headed the right direction. We are. One step at a time.

OpIv37
12-05-2006, 09:48 AM
:rofl: We wouldn't have even been in that game if it wasn't for our coaching staff. They took a young, inexperienced team with a first year offense and defense and almost pulled out a win against one of the top teams in the NFL. How did we did do last week? How did the team we played last week do against our division rival that on paper is far superior?

apparently, ALMOST now counts in the NFL. There were a lot of problems in this game, and coaching was one of them. Better coaching could have won it. But, hey, I guess ALMOST is good enough these days...

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 10:12 AM
apparently, ALMOST now counts in the NFL. There were a lot of problems in this game, and coaching was one of them. Better coaching could have won it. But, hey, I guess ALMOST is good enough these days...

You make it seem like Jauron was the only reason we lost. I agree that Jauron could've done a better job with time management. However, better refs could've won it too that you kinda said in another thread you created.

I will not however use one game to say that he's a bad coach. If you look at the entire season SO FAR, Jauron and co. have done an admirable job at moving the team forward.

OpIv37
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
You make it seem like Jauron was the only reason we lost. I agree that Jauron could've done a better job with time management. However, better refs could've won it too that you kinda said in another thread you created.

I will not however use one game to say that he's a bad coach. If you look at the entire season SO FAR, Jauron and co. have done an admirable job at moving the team forward.

I'm not blaming Jauron solely for the loss- I'm just saying Jauron is one person who could have changed the outcome with a better performance. The same could be said of JP, arguably Willis, Ko Simpson, etc. But Jauron deserves some blame for the loss.

And I think it's more than one bad game- while I'll agree he's done a good job of having the team prepared, he's also been terrible at in-game decisions all season long. But we've already established that we're not going to agree on that, so there's no point in arguing that.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
:clap: Op

Crazygoo
12-15-2008, 05:30 PM
you new it the whole time!!!

JD
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh wow.. that thread starting post, almost identical to the reactions from sunday!

Op :clap:

OpIv37
12-15-2008, 06:32 PM
:up:

well, not really. It feels good to be vindicated, but not at the cost of the Bills losing. I'd be much happier if Justa and madness bumped this thread to tear me a new one.