PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think the officiating sucks?

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 01:46 PM
JP wasn't down on the pass. Hargrove recovered that fumble. On their long punt return, there was a block in the back and the cheap shot on Moorman. And I'm not sure the SD receiver came down with that 3rd down pass.

Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick, yet again.

Of course, that's no excuse for JP and Willis playing like ****.

Lexwhat
12-03-2006, 02:49 PM
It's getting worse :(

YardRat
12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Obvious pass interference not called against Reed according to the radio guys.

Jayhawk
12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
:bandwagon

Billz_fan
12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
That no interference call becuase the ball was tipped was BS. IT was not tipped :mad:

YardRat
12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Ed Hockule is officially on my **** list.

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Hockulee has been giving the Bills the "Pulp Fiction" treatment for years. The guy is a dirtbag. Period. The NFL tells him who they want to win and he makes it happen. Then gets rewarded by getting to officiate the SuperBowl. Remember the job we got against the Steelers two years ago? I dumped a hot chocolate on his head as he was exiting the tunnel after that game. I feel better about it every year.

You are going to tell me all the bad calls were just innocent mistakes? If so, then he is completely incompetent.

TigerJ
12-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I only heard the game on the radio, but the radio guys thought there were several uncalled pass interference infractions not called on the Chargers, both ways. Offensive pass interference went uncalled when the San Diego player prevented an interception.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Hockulee has been giving the Bills the "Pulp Fiction" treatment for years. The guy is a dirtbag. Period. The NFL tells him who they want to win and he makes it happen. Then gets rewarded by getting to officiate the SuperBowl. Remember the job we got against the Steelers two years ago? I dumped a hot chocolate on his head as he was exiting the tunnel after that game. I feel better about it every year.

You are going to tell me all the bad calls were just innocent mistakes? If so, then he is completely incompetent.

You've got that right.

I have a friend who is a NY Giants fan who watched Bills games with me for several years and, while he thought I was just a sore-loser at first, even he noticed it and came to agree that this was true. Recently he even said to me that, if Ed Hochuli is the ref of a game, you can expect that there will be hinky calls in the game favoring the team that the NFL and their media partners want to see win. I was actually surprised to learn that Hochuli was reffing the Bills game today and not the Dallas-Giants game.... But, if Hochuli is reffing a Bills game, don't ever expect them to get a critical call to go in their favor--it ain't gonna happen.

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
yeah I started this thread at halftime, and there were at least 4 blown calls after that in the second half.

It was absolutely horrendous and if Jauron is smarter than he looked in the game today, he'll lodge a former complaint in the NFL.

Did you see JP's reaction to the refs at the end of the game? That kind of frustration doesn't come from one or two questionable calls- it comes from a whole game of them.

Lexwhat
12-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I dumped a hot chocolate on his head as he was exiting the tunnel after that game. I feel better about it every year.

That's pretty harsh...was it still hot? Was he wearing a hat? What was his reaction?

By the way, is Ed Hoculli that referee who's as big and jacked as some of the players?

BillsNick
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM
As much as I hate blaming officials for losses, they played a HUGE part in this one. Horrible all game long.

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
As much as I hate blaming officials for losses, they played a HUGE part in this one. Horrible all game long.

agreed, the Bills made their own mistakes, but they played well enough to hang with a far superior team. If we had gotten the calls, I think we could have pulled out a victory.

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
We did get the shaft on this one.

BillsNick
12-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I was at a bar, and there were Jet fans, and Pats fans saying that we got the royal shaft.

You know it's bad when something like that happens.

Jayhawk
12-03-2006, 03:57 PM
marty had to have ****ing paid them off

Mitchy moo
I think that if they could of called a play against us , they did.

don137
This was one of the worst games called by NFL officials. The league truly should be embarassed fielding such an incompetent crew. I hate complaining about officials but this game was horrendous.
Just off the top of my head:
- On a punt return by San Diego there was an obvious hit in the back and in addition Moorman was clearly out of bounds but then a San Diego player takes liberty and decks him. If the officials were actually watching the game the Chargers should of started the drive, which they scored a TD on, back around there 25-30 if either penalty was called instead of at the 50.
- JP is hit and releases the ball for a first down but dipstick Hockulee says he was down. No way was there enough time of him being in the grasp for them to call him down. Vince Young was held a lot longer than hat by Kiwatiku of the Giants last week when he let go and Young ran for a first down and eventually scored. Instead of 1st and 10 they are 2nd and 12.
- Rivers fumbles the ball around the Bills 45 and Hargrove clearly had the ball but Hockulee and company was slow to the pile. They should of immediately ran up and signaled Buffalo ball. However theywere slow and gave San Diego enough time to come in and take the ball away from him in the pile. San Diego punts and down the ball at the 2 yard line. Since they are at the 2 and not at the 45 if the officials could call the game correctly they Bills could of drove down and tried a FG attempt. Instead they had the ball at the 2 and went conservative since they were pinned back deeply. They ended up 3 and out and the Chargers got great field position and scored a TD right before half. That bad call alone cost them 7 points.
- Price was two yards in bounds when he was hit for a long gain. As a result of being hit his momentum made the heel hit out of bounds. Since a force out is not reviewable the Bills had no chance to when the challenge. Yes, that was horrendous of Jauron to use a time out and challenge but that is a discussion for another thread. Then on the very next play Reed is clearly hit before the ball got there and no call was found. I believe the call on the field was the ball was tipped. However the ball was not tipped. Even if there was a tipped ball the contact came right before the supposedly tipped ball. Two clearly bad calls in about 30 plus yards causing Buffalo to punt instead of marching into FG range.
- On another play Reed was clearly hit downfield but the referee said the ball was not catchable. Unless I am wrong isn't there a rule no contact after 5 yards. While there was no intereference because the ball was catchable there was obvious contact. Factoring in a 3 point loss and these officials had a direct impact on the result of this game. The chances of the Bills making the playoffs was very slim. The real losers in this is the Colts who are now tied with the Chargers for home field advantage throughout the playoffs thanks to these part time NFL officials.

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
This was one of the worst games called by NFL officials. The league truly should be embarassed fielding such an incompetent crew. I hate complaining about officials but this game was horrendous.
Just off the top of my head:
- On a punt return by San Diego there was an obvious hit in the back and in addition Moorman was clearly out of bounds but then a San Diego player takes liberty and decks him. If the officials were actually watching the game the Chargers should of started the drive, which they scored a TD on, back around there 25-30 if either penalty was called instead of at the 50.
- JP is hit and releases the ball for a first down but dipstick Hockulee says he was down. No way was there enough time of him being in the grasp for them to call him down. Vince Young was held a lot longer than hat by Kiwatiku of the Giants last week when he let go and Young ran for a first down and eventually scored. Instead of 1st and 10 they are 2nd and 12.
- Rivers fumbles the ball around the Bills 45 and Hargrove clearly had the ball but Hockulee and company was slow to the pile. They should of immediately ran up and signaled Buffalo ball. However theywere slow and gave San Diego enough time to come in and take the ball away from him in the pile. San Diego punts and down the ball at the 2 yard line. Since they are at the 2 and not at the 45 if the officials could call the game correctly they Bills could of drove down and tried a FG attempt. Instead they had the ball at the 2 and went conservative since they were pinned back deeply. They ended up 3 and out and the Chargers got great field position and scored a TD right before half. That bad call alone cost them 7 points.
- Price was two yards in bounds when he was hit for a long gain. As a result of being hit his momentum made the heel hit out of bounds. Since a force out is not reviewable the Bills had no chance to when the challenge. Yes, that was horrendous of Jauron to use a time out and challenge but that is a discussion for another thread. Then on the very next play Reed is clearly hit before the ball got there and no call was found. I believe the call on the field was the ball was tipped. However the ball was not tipped. Even if there was a tipped ball the contact came right before the supposedly tipped ball. Two clearly bad calls in about 30 plus yards causing Buffalo to punt instead of marching into FG range.
- On another play Reed was clearly hit downfield but the referee said the ball was not catchable. Unless I am wrong isn't there a rule no contact after 5 yards. While there was no intereference because the ball was catchable there was obvious contact. Factoring in a 3 point loss and these officials had a direct impact on the result of this game. The chances of the Bills making the playoffs was very slim. The real losers in this is the Colts who are now tied with the Chargers for home field advantage throughout the playoffs thanks to these part time NFL officials.

I said the exact same thing on that punt where Moorman got hit- two penalties that they missed. The other plays were the exact ones I was complaining about as well.

On the Reed play, there were two DB's there and they said one tipped the ball before Reed touched it, and by rule there is no PI after a ball is tipped. But they still blew the call cuz the first DB never touched the ball.

BoltfanBo
12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
I was at a bar, and there were Jet fans, and Pats fans saying that we got the royal shaft.

You know it's bad when something like that happens.

Hmmm, Pat and Jet fans both fighting for playoff spots behind the bolts. Yeah i could see how they would agree with you.

don137
12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
I said the exact same thing on that punt where Moorman got hit- two penalties that they missed. The other plays were the exact ones I was complaining about as well.

On the Reed play, there were two DB's there and they said one tipped the ball before Reed touched it, and by rule there is no PI after a ball is tipped. But they still blew the call cuz the first DB never touched the ball.
Yes but if you look also. The contact is also a split second before the ball was phantomly tipped. Since the contact was before the phantom tip it should be interference.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:11 PM
JP wasn't down on the pass. Hargrove recovered that fumble. On their long punt return, there was a block in the back and the cheap shot on Moorman. And I'm not sure the SD receiver came down with that 3rd down pass.

It was bad, but good teams find a way to win anyway. We were on life support and JP and a few others have been the "paddles" lately. You cant go to the playoffs like that. Take a look at my post.

BillsNick
12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Even so called "GOOD" teams can't overcome the kind of BS calls and non calls in this butthole of a game.

BoltfanBo
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM

Did you see the offsides by Spikes on the Rivers fumble Lines way into the neutral zone then jumped the snap.

Bills played good but The Refs jobs us chant is weak. There are very few games the are decided by the refs . Better team usually win. I heard this Refs job us crap so much from Charger fans when the Bolts sucked. I said BS the better team just beat us. I thought it was weak then as it is now. You guys are close. Not sure what your what long term situation is with your young stud players but if you lock them up I think you can contiue to make steps. I like your DB's and Evans

BoltfanBo
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM

Did you see the offsides by Spikes on the Rivers fumble Lines way into the neutral zone then jumped the snap.

Bills played good but The Refs jobs us chant is weak. There are very few games the are decided by the refs . Better team usually win. I heard this Refs job us crap so much from Charger fans when the Bolts sucked. I said BS the better team just beat us. I thought it was weak then as it is now. You guys are close. Not sure what your what long term situation is with your young stud players but if you lock them up I think you can contiue to make steps. I like your DB's and Evans

BillsNick
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Hmmm, Pat and Jet fans both fighting for playoff spots behind the bolts. Yeah i could see how they would agree with you.

Hmmm thanks for you input, troll. Now, where's my big mac and fries that I ordered?

BoltfanBo
12-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I think they're in your 1975 rusted out Pinto with the pasty white fat chick.

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2006, 04:27 PM
That's pretty harsh...was it still hot? Was he wearing a hat? What was his reaction?

By the way, is Ed Hoculli that referee who's as big and jacked as some of the players?

I bought the hot chocolate at the end of 3rd qtr with the sole intent of dropping it on him. So it was luke warm by the end of the game. I had seats right next to the tunnel that year. I dropped it on him from about 20 rows up. It hit his shoulder, cap popped off, and soaked his left arm from the shoulder down. Then I ran like a *****!

I didn't want to push my luck. So I got out of ther quick. I had already got into a screaming match with security 5 minutes earlier after 3 steelers fans (dressed in full steelers gear)decided they wanted to move into the seats directly in front of me for the last 3 minutes of the game. These seats were left vacant by Bills fans that left early. I told security that these weren't their seats and they should be forcibly removed. But security seems to be under orders to pander to the other team's fans. They said they could stay. I was so pissed, the thought of dropping that hot (lukewarm) chocolate on Hockelee's head after the game was probably the only thing that kept me from sucker punching those Steeler fans.

BillsNick
12-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I think they're in your 1975 rusted out Pinto with the pasty white fat chick.

Leave my 1975 rusted out Pinto out of this!!!

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 04:32 PM
OFFICIATING SUCKED!!! Two non-calls on pass interference. Two blocks in the back. And by the way I can run for at least 100 yards on the Bills with all of that holding going on.

BoltfanBo
12-03-2006, 04:32 PM
lol I think she fits the rusted out Pinto description

Kerr
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
I **** on the officiating crew of this game. And the sad part is the league will defend their bad calls with a straight face.

spacecowboy
12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes, it sucked! Also, there new unis are ugly. They look like cooperalls(hockey) but they forgot the lightning bolts

SquishDaFish
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
The refs SUCKED! If the shoe was on the chargers foot you be crying too.

Willis!! Where was he??

Dicky poo. SUCKED!! Right before half run..run...run.. PUNT! Give them time to drive and score. SMART!
Call a timeout and then challenge and lose last time out! BRILLIANT! DAMN MORON!!

spacecowboy
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I was going to mention the Bills "play not to lose" attitude but the thread was about the refs

LtBillsFan66
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
We got robbed.

Michael82
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
You can tell who the NFL wanted to win. Worst refereed game ever! :fit:

Michael82
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I bought the hot chocolate at the end of 3rd qtr with the sole intent of dropping it on him. So it was luke warm by the end of the game. I had seats right next to the tunnel that year. I dropped it on him from about 20 rows up. It hit his shoulder, cap popped off, and soaked his left arm from the shoulder down. Then I ran like a *****!

I didn't want to push my luck. So I got out of ther quick. I had already got into a screaming match with security 5 minutes earlier after 3 steelers fans (dressed in full steelers gear)decided they wanted to move into the seats directly in front of me for the last 3 minutes of the game. These seats were left vacant by Bills fans that left early. I told security that these weren't their seats and they should be forcibly removed. But security seems to be under orders to pander to the other team's fans. They said they could stay. I was so pissed, the thought of dropping that hot (lukewarm) chocolate on Hockelee's head after the game was probably the only thing that kept me from sucker punching those Steeler fans.
:rofl: Nice job man! Were you the same one who threw the cup of beer on Rob Johnson when he came back to Buffalo as a deadskin? :snicker:

BAM
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes I do.

Then to top it all off, the ref said "Buffalo's ball...err correction San Diego's ball, 1st Down" after the failed onsides kick attempt.

It wasn't just the ref's that sucked today though. The refs, camera crew, announcers, everybody sucked. It was ugly all around.

hammerbillsfan
12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Yes I do.

Then to top it all off, the ref said "Buffalo's ball...err correction San Diego's ball, 1st Down" after the failed onsides kick attempt.

It wasn't just the ref's that sucked today though. The refs, camera crew, announcers, everybody sucked. It was ugly all around.
Side note:
After he said that he ****ed up where he pointed too.
1st he pointed in Buffalo's favour but then switched. :crazy:

Michael82
12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
How about when they conferenced for like 5 minutes when a call was favoring Buffalo and it seeemed like they wanted to take that time to find any way to screw Buffalo.... :puke:

hammerbillsfan
12-03-2006, 08:23 PM
The last 3 minutes of the game was going about as slow as a funeral procession.

spacecowboy
12-03-2006, 08:33 PM
How about the "re-spot". Nice, how do we get that?

Ingtar33
12-03-2006, 10:53 PM
the refs were terrible, the SD fans i watched the game with toasted the refs for stealing the game for them.

hammerbillsfan
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
the refs were terrible, the SD fans i watched the game with toasted the refs for stealing the game for them.

So did the Chargers fan I went to the game with. :ill:

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Just look at last years superbowl, it explains everything.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2006, 11:39 PM
the officiating sucked but was not the reason why we lost.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 04:57 AM
I only heard the game on the radio, but the radio guys thought there were several uncalled pass interference infractions not called on the Chargers, both ways. Offensive pass interference went uncalled when the San Diego player prevented an interception.
yeah...I remember that one, too...a bunch of us were screaming about that one

SquishDaFish
12-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Sabs it played a HUGE part along with the nonexistent running game and bad couple coaching mistakes.

jamze132
12-04-2006, 06:16 AM
I am not one for conspiracy theories but it's becoming pretty obvious that the NFL is "helping" the teams they want to win. Look back a couple of years ago when the Pat's could do no wrong. The Steelers last year. The Chargers this year. Hopefully we can benefit from this one day.

don137
12-04-2006, 06:28 AM
No one truly knows who would of won if the refs called a good game however there was so such terrible officiating that it really hurt the Bills.
It definitely resulted in 7 points at the end of the half for the Chargers plus it the non-calls gave the Chargers great field position and stalled many Bills drives. You only get so many chances in a game and when your player is interferred with and there is no call, when your player is pushed two yards in bounds and lands out of bounds yet it is ruled incomplete, when your player is hit past yards diwn the field and no flag is called it is hard to move the ball. While they played very good the Bill are not good enough to overcome such bad officiating. If they called it properly Buffalo would of been in much better shape to put more points on the board and hurt the Chargers chances of scoring.

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 07:49 AM
the officiating sucked but was not the reason why we lost.

Yes it was.

scott51
12-04-2006, 08:23 AM
I am not one for conspiracy theories but it's becoming pretty obvious that the NFL is "helping" the teams they want to win. Look back a couple of years ago when the Pat's could do no wrong. The Steelers last year. The Chargers this year. Hopefully we can benefit from this one day.

I have been saying this since last years Superbowl. I am a Steelers fan and think the NFL used hte refs to help #36 go out on top! Plus, look who flipped the coin, Tom F'n Brady! Give me a break! Of all the QB's they could have gotten and they chose him. Their poster boy didn't make the Superbowl so they just HAD to make sure they got him there somehow! The NFL is really starting to become a joke! How long before NO and #25 start getting calls to go their way?

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 08:39 AM

you know, you can only watch your team get shafted by the refs in a close game against a better team so many times before you have to wonder what's up. One or two of those things- ok fine, people make mistakes. But there were several big calls that went against the Bills and none that went against the Chargers.

And no, the refs didn't lose the game for the Bills on their own- the team made their own mistakes. But they played well enough to hang with the Chargers, which is a major accomplishment in itself. The Bills might have come out on top with better officiating- we can't be expected to play ourselves and the refs every game.

don137
12-04-2006, 08:47 AM
I think a stat they showed on TV proves the NFL is out to help the Chargers this year. The Chargers got a first down on 3rd down and it was called back due to an obvious chop block. That was the first time all year the Chargers converted a third down and lost it due to a penalty. Coincidence?

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM

Ok i'm all for ripping the refs a new one, but to dump or throw stuff at them because you're pissed? How does that make you look any better? At this point you made it more than a game. :rolleyes:

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok i'm all for ripping the refs a new one, but to dump or throw stuff at them because you're pissed? How does that make you look any better? At this point you made it more than a game. :rolleyes:
while I don't condone dumping stuff on their heads, the refs already made it more than a game by making such blatantly bad calls. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it really does look like the Bills played more than the Chargers this game...the officiating crew should all be fired.
If the officials are going to do all they can to help decide outcomes, then the NFL should just come right out and say from the start that it's all fixed.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 10:04 AM
while I don't condone dumping stuff on their heads, the refs already made it more than a game by making such blatantly bad calls. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it really does look like the Bills played more than the Chargers this game...the officiating crew should all be fired.
If the officials are going to do all they can to help decide outcomes, then the NFL should just come right out and say from the start that it's all fixed.

I agree they should be fired, but in reality the league probably won't touch their jobs.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM

How did the Bills outplay the Chargers?

That game was no where near as close as the score indicated.

A SD fumble gives the Bills tha ball at the 19 yard line. 4 plays later they score. This took 2:00 minutes.

A great return gives the Bills the ball at the 13 yard line. 4 plays later they score. This took 1:55.

The 10 play 62 yard drive was running a no huddle against a prevent defense. That took 1:56.

Your defense held the Chargers to 24 points. They did their job, your offense let you down.

don137
12-04-2006, 10:31 AM

A SD fumble gives the Bills tha ball at the 19 yard line. 4 plays later they score. This took 2:00 minutes.

A great return gives the Bills the ball at the 13 yard line. 4 plays later they score. This took 1:55.

The 10 play 62 yard drive was running a no huddle against a prevent defense. That took 1:56.

Your defense held the Chargers to 24 points. They did their job, your offense let you down.

Kind of hard for the offense to score when the drives are stalled by interference, illegal contact, hitting a player in the air and knocking him out of bounds and alling it incomplete, calling in the grasp the split second the defender touches Losman nullifying a first down and so on. That's just part of the bad calls. No way am I saying Buffalo would of won if the refs actually called a good game but the Bills got royally screwed and dramatically effected the game.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 10:38 AM

Hard to say how we outplayed them....in fact, I didn't say that at all. As far as nowhere as close as the score indicated :rofl: I don't give a crap about short drives...the Bills made enough plays that they could've possibly won...if not for biased officiating. I think the Chargers are a great team...and I give them plenty of credit for being one...but in yesterday's game they got help from the officials....it'd be a lie to say otherwise.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Kind of hard for the offense to score when the drives are stalled by interference, illegal contact, hitting a player in the air and knocking him out of bounds and alling it incomplete, calling in the grasp the split second the defender touches Losman nullifying a first down and so on. That's just part of the bad calls. No way am I saying Buffalo would of won if the refs actually called a good game but the Bills got royally screwed and dramatically effected the game.

We will never know what the Bills could have done if those calls go the other way. I understand that Bills fans are upset, but I have yet to read any story or writeup about the game outside of the Buffalo media that references the officiating. It's not an exact science. Referees are human. These calls are judgement calls. To think that the refs were purposely making calls against the Bills is ludicous.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 10:42 AM
You will agree that we did get hosed on some calls though correct? Not saying we would have one but that non PI call totally crushed our momentum....

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
We will never know what the Bills could have done if those calls go the other way. I understand that Bills fans are upset, but I have yet to read any story or writeup about the game outside of the Buffalo media that references the officiating. It's not an exact science. Referees are human. These calls are judgement calls. To think that the refs were purposely making calls against the Bills is ludicous.
the pass interference calls that they missed were blatant...yes, judgement calls....but no way does a player get away with the mugging that was pulled on Josh Reed on that one play if an official is doing his job.
But saying JP was sacked when he got the ball away before he was down? Sorry....that's not a judgement call by any means.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 10:48 AM
You will agree that we did get hosed on some calls though correct? Not saying we would have one but that non PI call totally crushed our momentum....

Sure I'll agree that you got hosed on some calls. Bad calls are just another factor of the game. But I wouldn't blame your loss on the officials. You don't know what would have happened if those calls aren"t made. There are a million other "what if" scenarios we can play out.

SD dropped at least 3 passes that "could" have been interceptions. Who knows what might have happened then?

All I'm saying is that you can't blame a loss on the officiating unless the call itself either uphelds or negates a score.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Sure I'll agree that you got hosed on some calls. Bad calls are just another factor of the game. But I wouldn't blame your loss on the officials. You don't know what would have happened if those calls aren"t made. There are a million other "what if" scenarios we can play out.

SD dropped at least 3 passes that "could" have been interceptions. Who knows what might have happened then?

All I'm saying is that you can't blame a loss on the officiating unless the call itself either uphelds or negates a score.
I don't think anyone is laying the blame for the loss solely on the officials by any means

RBI90
12-04-2006, 10:51 AM
the pass interference calls that they missed were blatant...yes, judgement calls....but no way does a player get away with the mugging that was pulled on Josh Reed on that one play if an official is doing his job.
But saying JP was sacked when he got the ball away before he was down? Sorry....that's not a judgement call by any means.

On the Josh Reed play. The official who made the call "thought" the ball was tipped. He made the call based on what he saw or thought he saw. If he thinks the ball is tipped, then there is no way he can call PI, agreed?

And I'm not a big fan of the "in the grasp" call so I can agree with you on that one.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't think anyone is laying the blame for the loss soliely on the officials by any means

I think there are plenty of posters here who are.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
On the Josh Reed play. The official who made the call "thought" the ball was tipped. He made the call based on what he saw or thought he saw. If he thinks the ball is tipped, then there is no way he can call PI, agreed?Not really...the ball wasn't tipped away so that it was uncatchable. Josh Reed still had a good chance at catching it but was mugged

I think there are plenty of posters here who are.I think what you're seeing is people upset with a major factor rather than anyone feeling it's the only factor.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I think there are plenty of posters here who are.

No. I would say mostly everyone here recognizes the refs had a part in the loss, but not the only reason.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Not really...the ball wasn't tipped away so that it was uncatchable. Josh Reed still had a good chance at catching it but was mugged

I think what you're seeing is people upset with a major factor rather than anyone feeling it's the only factor.

Maybe I don't know the rules as well as I thought. Once the ball is tipped (or thought to have been tipped) then the defender can grab, tackle, hit the receiver all he wants, is that not correct?

don137
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
It's because the Bills are a small market team without much marketing power. It's about the almighty dollar. If this happened to the Cowboys, Patriots, Bears, Giants, etc it would be all over the media today. Pretty much anyone who watched the game no matter if they were a fan of the Bills or some other team all agree that was a very bad officiated game.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
No. I would say mostly everyone here recognizes the refs had a part in the loss, but not the only reason.

"How does it feel to spend your hard earned money to go out there and root for the team only to have the refs decide the outcome of the game? "

That is a direct quote from another thread.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
It's because the Bills are a small market team without much marketing power. It's about the almighty dollar. If this happened to the Cowboys, Patriots, Bears, Giants, etc it would be all over the media today. Pretty much anyone who watched the game no matter if they were a fan of the Bills or some other team all agree that was a very bad officiated game.

That is your opinion. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
"How does it feel to spend your hard earned money to go out there and root for the team only to have the refs decide the outcome of the game? "

That is a direct quote from another thread.
well...that's coming from someone who doesn't go to games because he seems to think the NFL is fixed just like pro wrestling....maybe Kerr and I overstated by saying everyone...most of us saw problems besides the officials

don137
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
On the Josh Reed play. The official who made the call "thought" the ball was tipped. He made the call based on what he saw or thought he saw. If he thinks the ball is tipped, then there is no way he can call PI, agreed?

And I'm not a big fan of the "in the grasp" call so I can agree with you on that one.
If you watch the replay in slow motion and I did via tivo. The contact on Reed came before the ball was phantomly tipped so there were two bad calls on the same play.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
If the calls were reversed and the Bills won the game with help of the horrendous officiating I am sure Charger fans would be more up in arms than Bills fans because they have a lot more at stake.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
If you watch the replay in slow motion and I did via tivo. The contact on Reed came before the ball was phantomly tipped so there were two bad calls on the same play.

Do you expect the ref to make that call correctly in real time? He thought the ball was tipped so he made the call he thought was right. Was the call reviewable? Did Buffalo have a TO at the time?

Look, I'm agreeing that there were some bad calls, but I don't believe that there is a conspiracy against the Bills, nor do I believe that the officiating cost the Bills the game.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
If the calls were reversed and the Bills won the game with help of the horrendous officiating I am sure Charger fans would be more up in arms than Bills fans because they have a lot more at stake.

Probably, but then Bills fans would be saying that officiating did not "lose" the game for them.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Probably, but then Bills fans would be saying that officiating did not "lose" the game for them.
some of us, likely not all of us, would say we got the benefit of some bad officiating...it's been done before...once, anyway

don137
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Do you expect the ref to make that call correctly in real time? He thought the ball was tipped so he made the call he thought was right. Was the call reviewable? Did Buffalo have a TO at the time?

Look, I'm agreeing that there were some bad calls, but I don't believe that there is a conspiracy against the Bills, nor do I believe that the officiating cost the Bills the game.

I thought it was contact before the phantom tip while watching it live. I used tivo to prove my case on both accounts. The ball was not tipped since it continued in the same motion and the contact was before the phantom tip. Plus, these officials are getting paid a ton of money to call a game. To make that many errors is not acceptable.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:48 AM
I am not saying the officials caused the Bills to lose. They made enough mistakes on there own. What I am saying it directly impacted the game and no one really knows what would of happened. If it was reversed I think most fans would say no one would know one way or the other but we did get a lot of calls thanks to bad officiating.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
some of us, likely not all of us, would say we got the benefit of some bad officiating...it's been done before...once, anyway
The sad part I remember that once too....It was during the greatest comeback game when Beebe was out of bounds and came back in and scored a TD...

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I thought it was contact before the phantom tip while watching it live. I used tivo to prove my case on both accounts. The ball was not tipped since it continued in the same motion and the contact was before the phantom tip. Plus, these officials are getting paid a ton of money to call a game. To make that many errors is not acceptable.

We're arguing about nanoseconds now. The ref made the call (a judgement call) that the ball was tipped. Since the bass was tipped, the contact is a moot point. Also, since the call was that the ball was tipped, there wasn't indisputable evidence that it wasn't.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
We're arguing about nanoseconds now. The ref made the call (a judgement call) that the ball was tipped. Since the bass was tipped, the contact is a moot point. Also, since the call was that the ball was tipped, there wasn't indisputable evidence that it wasn't.
no its not a moot point. If there was contact before the "tip" then that's a penalty. If the contact was after the phantom tip then it would be a moot point.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
no its not a moot point. If there was contact before the "tip" then that's a penalty. If the contact was after the phantom tip then it would be a moot point.

It's moot because the judgement call made was that the ball was tipped prior to contact being made. He made the call. It was wrong, but it was not so obvioulsy wrong to the human eye not watching it on tivo.

jamze132
12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
It happens every time we play a "golden team". We have seen it first hand about 8 times when we play the Pats.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
It happens every time we play a "golden team". We have seen it first hand about 8 times when we play the Pats.

I understand that that may be the impression of Bills fans, but that's where it stops. There is absoultely so proof to these alegations.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
I understand that that may be the impression of Bills fans, but that's where it stops. There is absoultely so proof to these alegations.

I would be saying the same thing if all of the calls went my teams way.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
I would be saying the same thing if all of the calls went my teams way.

All I'm saying is that the ONLY place where the officiating in this game is being discussed is here on Bills forums. So maybe it's also a perception issue and that Bills fans see what they want to see.

I already agreed that there were some calls that went against you, but to say that officiating cost the Bills the game or that there is a conspiracy against certain teams is just rediculous. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

don137
12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
It's moot because the judgement call made was that the ball was tipped prior to contact being made. He made the call. It was wrong, but it was not so obvioulsy wrong to the human eye not watching it on tivo.

First of all I said when I watched it live it appeared to be contact and no tip. I only used tivo to confirm the bad call. I don't use tivo on every play. I thought it was a BS non-call live. Secondly there multiple officials around to get the call right and not one stepped up. Its not like this was away from the play and only one officials eyes were on the play. All the officials eyes were on the play.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 01:11 PM
First of all I said when I watched it live it appeared to be contact and no tip. I only used tivo to confirm the bad call. I don't use tivo on every play. I thought it was a BS non-call live. Secondly there multiple officials around to get the call right and not one stepped up. Its not like this was away from the play and only one officials eyes were on the play. All the officials eyes were on the play.

So are you saying it was a conspiracy against the Bills or was it just a call that they got wrong?

don137
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
All I'm saying is that the ONLY place where the officiating in this game is being discussed is here on Bills forums. So maybe it's also a perception issue and that Bills fans see what they want to see.

I already agreed that there were some calls that went against you, but to say that officiating cost the Bills the game or that there is a conspiracy against certain teams is just rediculous. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

I believe the NFL wants the larger market teams to be more successful and when in doubt will go against the smaller revenue teams. Just wait until you play the Patriots in the playoffs and you'll see what we are talking about.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 01:22 PM

Just like any company or business, there is ALWAYS corruption. The whole world is corrupt and if you gave some of us people power, we would be corrupt also, it's part of human nature. From a business standpoint, if you were Roger Goodell you would obviously want to see the team with the bigger market win. Why would you want to have a mass majority of disgruntled fans, when you could simply have a minority of disgruntled fans? I don't think the FO, Coaches or players know that the league is corrupt, but I definately think something fishy is going on. I'm not saying this just because of the San Diego game, but I'm saying this because last years superbowl Seattle vs. Pittsburgh confirmed this 'crazy' idea of mine. That was the worst officiating I have EVER WITNESSED IN MY LIFE, in the SUPERBOWL! They tried to play it off like the calls were justified, just wow. I guarantee you that if the NFL ever gets exposed for this type of corruption, it will be college football and NHL for me. I would never watch another down of NFL football again.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Here's what I think of Ed Hochuli....
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10105/Ed_Hochuli.jpg

RBI90
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Just like any company or business, there is ALWAYS corruption. The whole world is corrupt and if you gave some of us people power, we would be corrupt also, it's part of human nature. From a business standpoint, if you were Roger Goodell you would obviously want to see the team with the bigger market win. Why would you want to have a mass majority of disgruntled fans, when you could simply have a minority of disgruntled fans? I don't think the FO, Coaches or players know that the league is corrupt, but I definately think something fishy is going on. I'm not saying this just because of the San Diego game, but I'm saying this because last years superbowl Seattle vs. Pittsburgh confirmed this 'crazy' idea of mine. That was the worst officiating I have EVER WITNESSED IN MY LIFE, in the SUPERBOWL! They tried to play it off like the calls were justified, just wow. I guarantee you that if the NFL ever gets exposed for this type of corruption, it will be college football and NHL for me. I would never watch another down of NFL football again.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I just can't believe that an organization as big as the NFL and as much money that they make would risk the integrity of the game by "manipulating" games by way of the officials.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Here's what I think of Ed Hochuli....
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10105/Ed_Hochuli.jpg
:rofl: That fits perfectly. :(

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I just can't believe that an organization as big as the NFL and as much money that they make would risk the integrity of the game by "manipulating" games by way of the officials.

It's either that, or these officials aren't being trained correctly. When I watch baseball, I don't see nowhere near as many questionable calls as the NFL and that is pretty said, seeing how NFL referees have the luxury of instant replay and other forms of technology.

jamze132
12-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Ever hear of Enron? I think a couple of people got ****ed over for life.