PDA

View Full Version : This lose falls on Dick Jaraon

onceproudbillsfan
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
YOU CANNOT WIN IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY TIMEOUTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER! How can you call a timeout and then turnaround and challenge a play right after. Stupid mistakes. He also got way to conservative before the half running three straight times. The officials didnt help either.

YardRat
12-03-2006, 03:28 PM
The offense didn't help much either, from the looks of it.

Risin
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM
The offense didn't help much either, from the looks of it.

The running game was terrible.

JP was our best player on offense, and looked like the only one willing to die in order to win.

The playcalling again killed us, as our offense was far too predictable.

shelby
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM
If we could have made the onside kick work, we would have had an opportunity to tie the game. We managed to score 21 points despite turnovers, a lack of 2nd half timeouts, and questionable officiating.
Keeping the score that close against a team of the Charger's caliber is quite an accomplishment imo. i am pleased.
:gobills:

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Dickey is not a very good HC and never will be...he proves it every game.

jamze132
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
We can't pin this loss on any one person. It was a team loss. Both the offense and defense made way too many mistakes.

I will say thet the officiating today was horible and Jauron had better speak out publicly about it.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
If we could have made the onside kick work, we would have had an opportunity to tie the game. We managed to score 21 points despite turnovers, a lack of 2nd half timeouts, and questionable officiating.
Keeping the score that close against a team of the Charger's caliber is quite an accomplishment imo. i am pleased.

And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle! If, if, if...that's all we ever talk about as Bills fans. It is what it is...we have a mediocre HC who doesn't know how to win football games...period!

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM

you shouldn't be because with better coaching we could have won.

shelby
12-03-2006, 03:35 PM
And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle! If, if, if...that's all we ever talk about as Bills fans. It is what it is...we have a mediocre HC who doesn't know how to win football games...period!
Football is a team sport. The blame can't lie squarely on the shoulders of the HC, or the QB, or the O line, or the D. Part of the blame is Jauron's, but to place it all on him is unfair imo.

Lexwhat
12-03-2006, 03:35 PM
We can't pin this loss on any one person. It was a team loss. Both the offense and defense made way too many mistakes.

I will say thet the officiating today was horible and Jauron had better speak out publicly about it.

Thats at least $5,000 dollars coming out of his pocket if he does...

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
That is pocket change.

shelby
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
you shouldn't be because with better coaching we could have won.
And if Losman didn't throw 2 picks we could have won.
How is this all Jauron's fault? i honestly don't understand.

Risin
12-03-2006, 03:38 PM

The int's were far from game changers.

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:39 PM
You cant put this loss on any one person. There was bad coaching and play all over the place.

OpIv37
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM

is it all Jauron's fault? No.

If Jauron had done things differently, could we have won despite the picks? Yes.

He deserves blame. Don't let one person off the hook just cuz someone else ****ed up too.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 03:43 PM

If you can't see why Jauron is a bad HC, then look back at his history. His offenses are ALWAYS terrible...not bad, but TERRIBLE! His win/loss record speaks for itself. He talks about the players learning how to win, well, he needs to learn how to win. He just doesn't get the job done...I can't say it anymore clearly than that. Look at Mangini in New York...do you think he has better players than the Bills? I'd say no. However, he is making that team look really good and it is because of coaching. Say what you want, but Dickey isn't and won't get the job done.

shelby
12-03-2006, 04:18 PM
i understand your frustration, but i am not willing to give up on him yet. He is 12 games into his first season as our HC. Give him some time to turn things around.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I didn't hear you say that against the jags. People here have blamed the refs. If so, it's kinda hard to coach when you are playing against 2 opponents and yet lose by only 3 points.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM

I said 24 points was the magic number. Check my posts. Willis McGahee is the number one reason we lost this game. He can't find a first down marker if his life depended on it. Henry of course had nother great game and helped the Titans beat the Colts!!

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
How is this all Jauron's fault? i honestly don't understand.he didn't pay off the refs. His fault.

onceproudbillsfan
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
A good head coach hangs on to timeouts well into the 4th quarter. For some reason this team is always out of timeouts early in the 4th and other teams offenses run the clock out on us. He also challenges some pretty stupid plays. Has he ever got a call overturned? I thought the guy has done a good job of having this team ready to play every Sunday but he just needs to use his head a little bit more.

BSXIII
12-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Rather than scapegoat anyone for the loss, I think this team deserves credit for hanging with San Diego. They are arguably the best team in the NFL, and Tomlinson is one of those players we'll be telling are grand kids about. You can't blame the coach for losing to a team with far superior talent.

Buffalogic
12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
If you watch the post game press conferences on Buffalobills.com you'd learn that the timeout was not called by Dick. Jauron and Losman both confirmed the timeout was taken by players on the field because the play clock was at one second.

And as for Jauron, why not give him a chance before you try and vilify him. Especially since you don't even know the guilty party who is responsible for that situation.

Jauron is doing a good job as coach. He took a tattered patchwork O-line and made it look pretty decent. Having a defense fueled by babies and many rookies, he has implemented a good scheme and the players have stepped up for him big against the likes of Indi and SD. We already have as many wins as we did all last year and we still have four games to play.

The bills just need to work on playing tough throughout the whole game. That's what makes the good teams elite. Yeah, we had two good quarters, and ya, it was almost enough to win the game, but four good quarters would have most certainly won us that game. The team is young and that ability will come eventually. If people can't see that this young team is headed in the right direction, then they are just haters.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Buffalo + November + the weather + no running game = a loss

It comes down to the RBs for no getting a running game established or the OL for not creating running lanes or the coaches for not calling the correct plays and being more patient .... most likely a combination of all three.

I have given up blaming the defence for their inability to stop the run. Its now not just an opinion but a clear indisputable fact.

Watching it on the internet, once JP had to throw it was always going to be a very difficult game to win.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-04-2006, 02:56 AM
...Look at Mangini in New York...do you think he has better players than the Bills? I'd say no. However, he is making that team look really good and it is because of coaching....

Mangini has something in New York that Jauron has NEVER had--not in Buffalo and not in Chicago: an established, playoff-caliber, veteran QB who already had a good rapport with his # 1 WR and TE before the season began. You can say what you want about Pennington's arm strength, but he is a very smart, accurate passer who led the Jets into the playoffs before he was hurt. Now that he is healthy again, he is throwing the ball as well as he did before his injuries and he has provided the Jets and Mangini with not just leadership, but experienced decision-making at the QB position--something that JP Losman is too inexperienced to do and that Jauron and his staff are trying to teach him how to do.

I live in the NYC area and have had a chance to see the Jets play just about all of their games and I've seen the Bills play some of their games--the biggest advantage that the Jets have over the Bills is at QB, which is the most important position on the field. Losman has more physical talent than Pennington, but Pennington knows and has experienced things in running an offense that JP is still trying to learn (ie Pennington knows when to take timeouts and how to conserve them without any help from Mangini--it is quite obvious that JP has not mastered that yet). And, that has given Mangini and the Jets' offense a tremendous advantage over Jauron and the Bills--which is evident in how the two teams have played their games this season.

Also, don't forget, the Jets are also playing a fourth-place schedule, while the Bills are playing a third-place schedule. They get to play the likes of Oakland and Cleveland, while the Bills get San Diego and Baltimore.

Now, that's not to say that Mangini hasn't done a good job with the Jets--he has. But he has had a different set of problems to deal with than Jauron and IMHO those problems were greatly simplified when Pennington showed in the preseason that he had recovered from his arm injuries and was ready to take over as the starting QB again.

Typ0
12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Mangini has something in New York that Jauron has NEVER had--not in Buffalo and not in Chicago: an established, playoff-caliber, veteran QB who already had a good rapport with his # 1 WR and TE before the season began. You can say what you want about Pennington's arm strength, but he is a very smart, accurate passer who led the Jets into the playoffs before he was hurt. Now that he is healthy again, he is throwing the ball as well as he did before his injuries and he has provided the Jets and Mangini with not just leadership, but experienced decision-making at the QB position--something that JP Losman is too inexperienced to do and that Jauron and his staff are trying to teach him how to do.

I live in the NYC area and have had a chance to see the Jets play just about all of their games and I've seen the Bills play some of their games--the biggest advantage that the Jets have over the Bills is at QB, which is the most important position on the field. Losman has more physical talent than Pennington, but Pennington knows and has experienced things in running an offense that JP is still trying to learn (ie Pennington knows when to take timeouts and how to conserve them without any help from Mangini--it is quite obvious that JP has not mastered that yet). And, that has given Mangini and the Jets' offense a tremendous advantage over Jauron and the Bills--which is evident in how the two teams have played their games this season.

Also, don't forget, the Jets are also playing a fourth-place schedule, while the Bills are playing a third-place schedule. They get to play the likes of Oakland and Cleveland, while the Bills get San Diego and Baltimore.

Now, that's not to say that Mangini hasn't done a good job with the Jets--he has. But he has had a different set of problems to deal with than Jauron and IMHO those problems were greatly simplified when Pennington showed in the preseason that he had recovered from his arm injuries and was ready to take over as the starting QB again.

what are you talking about fourth place vs third place schedule? that system was gone a few years ago.

CuseJetsFan83
12-04-2006, 03:40 AM
its not gone...... the teams you play that are in conference, but not the division depend on where you finish....... just like the bengals and broncos got the patsies....

dolphins got pittsburgh and KC, but thats just 2 games out of 16......... hardly a disadvantage/advantage, unless it comes down to 1 or 2 games

jamze132
12-04-2006, 05:46 AM
Who cares? I am pretty sure 5 g's isn't going to set him back much. He needs to stand up for his team.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:07 AM
i understand your frustration, but i am not willing to give up on him yet. He is 12 games into his first season as our HC. Give him some time to turn things around.

and through 12 games, his in-game decisions have not improved at all. Don't forget he had a losing record when he got here two.

I'm not sure if we can win with this guy.

alohabillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:10 AM

LOSES WINS
9-3 19-17 5-7 16-10
7-5 28-20 5-7 17-12
10-2 40-7* 4-8 24-10
2-10 20-17 ** 4-8 24-21
9-3 28-6 * 7-5 27-24
9-3 17-16
10-2 24-21

* Never in the Game
** Should have won!

Out of 12 games we had the opportunity to win 10, yes we did not but we are competative and showing improvement! Lsat season we had 5 losses of 2 or more scores (including 48-10 against SD).

Bottom Line is we ended up with the guantlet of schedules including the following;

ALL AFC (thanks NFL)
NE (Twice) Division Leader
Indy Division Leader
Baltimore Division Leader
SD Division Leader

NFC
Chicago Division Leader

The future looks brighter, Keep with the plan MARV! IN MARV WE TRUST!

raphael120
12-04-2006, 09:11 AM

see, running the right routes, over time, that should change
pickin the right read, over time, you should get better
but knowing when to throw the red flag to challenge a play, YOU SHOULD ****ING KNOW WHEN TO DO THAT ALREADY, BEING A HEAD COACH FOR HOW MANY YEARS!

ditto goes to calling a TO and burning another one to challenge.

Night Train
12-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I didn't need to read the reasoning behind this thread.

" This lose " told me all I need to know.