PDA

View Full Version : How did JP look?

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I didn't see the game. Stat wise he was 21/37, 184 YDS, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 Fum lost

To be honest I am very surprised the game was that close - definitely a day for the dogs (Cleveland, Tenn, Detroit).

Risin
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I didn't see the game. Stat wise he was 21/37, 184 YDS, 2 TDs, 2 INTs.

To be honest I am very surprised the game was that close - definitely a day for the dogs (Cleveland, Tenn, Detroit).

He didn't look great, but was our best player on offense, by far.

He played a gutsy game, but had trouble throwing into the wind at times.

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
He looked good enough for us to win but did have his worst game in the past three weeks

Devin
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
words most often seen on the NFL gamecenter:

Overthrown/Underthrown.

Risin
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
words most often seen on the NFL gamecenter:

Overthrown/Underthrown.

With the weather the way it was, it's not suprising.

The wind was nasty, and both QB's had trouble with it at different times.

For what it's worth, I've watched a ton of Charger games this year, and this was the most inaccurate Rivers was too.

OpIv37
Same old story with JP- some amazing plays, and some boneheaded mistakes.

There were at least three balls that could have been picked off. He got Price killed by throwing too high, and he hit both Reed and Royal in the feet on plays that would have been first downs.

He also had two scrambles to make first downs, made an amazing TD pass to Price and for the most part did a good job avoiding their pass rush.

odin
I liked how he kept plays alive with his feet. That will benefit the team in the future on third downs. What he really needs is a TE half as good as Antonio Gates. He looked better than Philip Rivers considering their respective options, that's for sure.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
JP sucked, He had just the same amount of rush yards as his no. 1 rb. although he did have a better ypc.

He suscked so bad that his best wr had way less yards than the opposing teams TE.

He also couldn't stop LT from racking 178 yds.

We need a new qb.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:22 PM
JP sucked, He had just the same amount of rush yards as his no. 1 rb. although he did have a better ypc.

He suscked so bad that his best wr had way less yards than the opposing teams TE.

He also couldn't stop LT from racking 178 yds.

We need a new qb. You will need it about mid-week. The haters should start their BS about then.

Your right on, run and stop the run, JP has NOTHING to do with either.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM
You will need it about mid-week. The haters should start their BS about then.

Your right on, run and stop the run, JP has NOTHING to do with either.

I'll save you the time and tell you that a better qb would've carried this team all on his own even with 0 running game , cold and wind. Rivers would've done fine if he was in JP's place today.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 04:27 PM
There were at least three balls that could have been picked off. He got Price killed by throwing too high, and he hit both Reed and Royal in the feet on plays that would have been first downs.

He also had two scrambles to make first downs, made an amazing TD pass to Price and for the most part did a good job avoiding their pass rush.

Price deserved that that throw after the first pick. How long has Price been in the league and he still doesn't now how to run a route? First int totally on Price.

Risin
12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Price deserved that that throw after the first pick. How long has Price been in the league and he still doesn't now how to run a route? First int totally on Price.

Not totally his fault, but I was pissed at his lack of effort coming back to the ball.

JP was getting chased hard by "roid boy", and tried firing a bullet into a stiff wind while rolling out, just as he released the ball "juice head" sent him flying.

JP probably should have threw it out of bounds, but Price could have at least attempted to come back for the ball.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Not totally his fault, but I was pissed at his lack of effort coming back to the ball.

JP was getting chased hard by "roid boy", and tried firing a bullet into a stiff wind while rolling out, just as he released the ball "juice head" sent him flying.

JP probably should have threw it out of bounds, but Price could have at least attempted to come back for the ball.

he wasnt perfect but is improving with his decision making and poise. I would have liked to see Fairchild take advantage of the DB's jumping the routes.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I'll save you the time and tell you that a better qb would've carried this team all on his own even with 0 running game , cold and wind. Rivers would've done fine if he was in JP's place today.

Right, because Rivers did SO well on his own team. 3 fumbles is far from fantastic. The announcers even mentioned that the 2 QB's were about even at one point.

Its obvious to most that JP is just fine as our starter, some people are just thick headed or refuse to admit they are wrong.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Right, because Rivers did SO well on his own team. 3 fumbles is far from fantastic. The announcers even mentioned that the 2 QB's were about even at one point.

Its obvious to most that JP is just fine as our starter, some people are just thick headed or refuse to admit they are wrong. Inspite of having LT rush for over 100 yds in the 1st half, yes both qb's were even. But JP should've been able to run and stop the run. He sucks.

Risin
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM

Its obvious to most that JP is just fine as our starter, some people are just thick headed or refuse to admit they are wrong.

JaSF was being sarcastic.

lol.

ICE74129
12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
exactly.

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
JP Losman was OK.

I'd probably give him a 6 or 7 out of 10.

He had a horrible first half but he shook it off & managed a good second half.

Which is a good sign.

Whenever Rob Johnson, Alex Van Pelt, or Drew Bledsoe had a bad start, their level of play digressed even further as the game continued.

At least we have a kid who looks resilient for once.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:42 PM

lol.when I try to be sarcastic and play the hater role, I get no thanks . This sucks. lol.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:57 PM

lol.

Yeah...I know he is. Hes making a strong arguement that the haters are silly and I agree.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah...I know he is. Hes making a strong arguement that the haters are silly and I agree. shhh! Don't say that. The way think think they might really think I switched to their side.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I didn't see the game. Stat wise he was 21/37, 184 YDS, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 Fum lost

That first Int was not his fault the wind took it and knocked it down if it was a calm day that would've been a catch.

The_Philster
12-03-2006, 07:37 PM
shhh! Don't say that. The way think think they might really think I switched to their side.
you actually want people to think you're brain dead? :huh:

Devin
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
There is a reference guide describing what a hater is available.

For a few of you there is also one describing what a homer is.

Kerr
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
He was so 'n' so. It annoyed me when he overthrew evans for the int late in the 4th. Had hart not fumbled, he would have never gotten the chance to throw his second td to price.

spacecowboy
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I thought he played pretty well, he's making better choices with the ball (was robbed on the "sack" call) I think we're seeing progress and I think there should be some optimism for the fans. Its nice to see the emotion, if a guy is trying his best and really cares about the team and what is happening, its hard to root against him and I think JP is really looking like a leader out there these last few games, and only good things can come from that.

<o:p></o:p>

ScottLawrence
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Average at best.

Looked horrible in the first half, and was average in the second.

The only time we scored a TD prior to San Diego going into prevent mode at the end of the game was when we started the drive at San Diego's 19, and 13 yard line.

We had a total of 230 yards on the day even with the offensive line doing a great job of pass blocking.

He still struggles to go past his first snap read, and scan the field. Hopefully as the season goes on, and in the offseason he improves on the mental aspect of the game.

As of right now, I'd say 80 to 90% of his completions are his first snap reads.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Average at best.

Looked horrible in the first half, and was average in the second.

The only time we scored a TD prior to San Diego going into prevent mode at the end of the game was when we started the drive at San Diego's 19, and 13 yard line.

This is my take.

I agree not great, "average at best". But in the context of our running game producing 37 yards I have to say that JP played above average. They know he's throwing when we can't run, especially in the second half when we are playing from a 17 point deficit. Rivers had a RB run for a 177 yards and how did he do? Not great. JP showed me something today playing average. He can play and I want him here next year!! He's not the problem. Maybe a defense that let's sombody have a career day is!!

SABURZFAN
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
That first Int was not his fault the wind took it and knocked it down if it was a calm day that would've been a catch.

the wind took it and knocked it down????which excuse was it? :idunno:

Ingtar33
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
i was watching the game with a group of SD fans... no one said he sucked or had a bad game.

They all gave him props.

I think they were too kind, but they were right, he looked better then rivers at times, in a game where the wind was playing havok with the ball, and while under preassure every time he dropped back. not a bad game.

Mudflap1
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
J.P. looked better than Rivers. All Rivers had to do was hand off to LT and throw a few easy passes to Gates. If J.P. had those guys, the Bills would've won by 10 points. His line also played better than ours.

J.P. made some mistakes, but played a gutsy game overall given the circumstances and conditions. I have no problems with his play today, other than of course you'd like to see turnovers limited. But he was a game QB today.

Jon

drfunk
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
He looked like a rookie as usual... even though this is his 3rd season.

DraftBoy
12-04-2006, 01:28 AM
He looked good today imo. Hard to judge in a game with wind this bad, though if he's going to be the starter for a while he better get used to it. He looked putrid in the 1st half, but came back with a strong 2nd. Same JP we've seen pretty much all season, good throws, bad throws, and a close game. Was hoping to see the JP from two weeks ago.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 02:05 AM
I think with the weather the way it was, the blame for this defeat falls into the hands of McGahee and the coaches. Our inability to establish any sort of running game, left us having to throw in very unfriendly QB weather. Either get a running game or get a new stadium

Inetpub
12-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Why in the world are you guys still talking about the running game when that was abandoned before by the half? They went out to throw and it obviously didnt work. When they are behind, they arent going to waste time and run the ball. The gameplan was to throw and it was obvious. It just didnt work. QBs throwing into the wind isnt a new thing. It happens all the time. Stop using excuses like wind. Whats next? JP farted on the play so he fumbled?

Inetpub
12-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Hows this small fact? Only once yesterday did we produce more than 3 first downs in a series. And the DELAY OF GAMES! WTF!

Romes
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Hows this small fact? Only once yesterday did we produce more than 3 first downs in a series. And the DELAY OF GAMES! WTF!

And that was clearly all JP's fault. :rolleyes:

He played average at best. Consistency was again an issue for him. That said a decent running game would have helped a lot in a game like that.

Philagape
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
He looked like a rookie as usual... even though this is his 3rd season.

"As usual" .... LIE.

Inetpub
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
And that was clearly all JP's fault. :rolleyes:

He played average at best. Consistency was again an issue for him. That said a decent running game would have helped a lot in a game like that.

Nope. Hailing how amazing JP is, everything clearly isnt his fault. Clearly we can see everyone on the team didnt perform. Seeing as Evans clearly didnt catch balls that were overthrown and underthrown. Seeing as how the San Diego Defense clearly dropped 3 interceptions that were easily catchable by anyone else.

Seeing as we could only manage 1 real drive, the last time the ball was touched was by JP. Our OL gave him all day and yet he still didnt do anything. Oh wait.. that last drive was one of miracles. Another garbage time drive.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
"As usual" .... LIE.

Since when can opinions be lies?

Night Train
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
In all honesty, he didn't fare well.

He misfired several passes with open receivers. Some were behind and some high.

alohabillsfan
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
B-
Rallied and played well when given good field position,
Offense inept when inside own 15 yd line!

Romes
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Nope. Hailing how amazing JP is, everything clearly isnt his fault. Clearly we can see everyone on the team didnt perform. Seeing as Evans clearly didnt catch balls that were overthrown and underthrown. Seeing as how the San Diego Defense clearly dropped 3 interceptions that were easily catchable by anyone else.

Seeing as we could only manage 1 real drive, the last time the ball was touched was by JP. Our OL gave him all day and yet he still didnt do anything. Oh wait.. that last drive was one of miracles. Another garbage time drive.

Yeah, if someone said JP played amazing that would be wrong. Who said that? :scratch:

It is kinda difficult to sustain drives with out a running game though... just saying.

Philagape
12-04-2006, 09:52 AM
It was not a good game by him. The scores should have been expected given the field position, and he turned it over three times.

But given his good games and his improving poise, he clearly is a legit starter, of which there are not enough to go around in this league. It seems every week half of the league's QBs look bad.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Same old story with JP- some amazing plays, and some boneheaded mistakes.

Agreed.

Not a good game overall, but much better than his earlier games this year. He's improving, no doubt.

Inetpub
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
It was not a good game by him. The scores should have been expected given the field position, and he turned it over three times.

But given his good games and his improving poise, he clearly is a legit starter, of which there are not enough to go around in this league. It seems every week half of the league's QBs look bad.

I dont know about the CLEARLY a legit starter part but I will say it wasnt a good game. Given I will admit he was starting to make me take a double look at him, JP is better than day 1 moron.

I am just hoping yesterdays game wasnt a classic JP doing a plank walk. As we all know, 3 weeks of progress with JP doesnt mean hes finally stepping out on his own. He tends to return to his roots of rookie errors and yesterday was a prime example where he would overthrow, underthrow, leave high flying balls to kill recievers and if SD was a great Defense, they would have had 5 picks.

Lets hope he doesnt return to Day 1 JP.

Philagape
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Every week, plenty of veterans, some pretty good ones, make "rookie" errors. They will forever come with the position. The good QBs make up for it with good plays, and we're gradually seeing more of those from JP