PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron really dropped the ball in this loss...

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Dick Jauron really dropped the ball in this loss.

He failed to challenge three plays that would have been easily overturned.

Willis McGahee's stretch for a first down that was denied.

JP Losman's completion to Josh Reed that was denied.

Philip Rivers's fumble that was denied.

It strikes me as odd that an Ivy Leaguer would blow such obvious, easy challenges.

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM
And also, of course, he called a time-out on Peerless Price's catch before throwing the red flag.

Which ostensibly cost us two time-outs.

That's just poor game management.

Seriously, he's obviously a smart guy. So why did he **** up so badly?

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
And also, of course, he called a time-out on Peerless Price's catch before throwing the red flag.

This is the one that really blows my mind.

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Doesn't surprise me in the least. See sig.

YardRat
12-03-2006, 04:00 PM

According to the radio guys there was a replay from an endzone camera that showed the ball hitting the ground, and...

JP called the TO, not Jauron.

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
According to the radio guys there was a replay from an endzone camera that showed the ball hitting the ground, and...

No, that's an entirely different play.

I'm talking about the play where the refs ruled that JP Losman was sacked even though neither of his knees ever hit the ground on his complete to Josh Reed.

Had you watched the game, which it's clear you didn't, you'd know that.

JP called the TO, not Jauron.

So?

The red flag should have been thrown immediately.

Peerless Price had both his tip-toes in before he went out of bounds.

Had he been facing the other direction, there'd be no doubt about whether or not the play was in bounds.

Dick Jauron should have challenged it immediately.

don137
12-03-2006, 04:11 PM
The coaching staff did make some great half-time adjustments. Jauron did mess up with not doing muliple challenges. Plus there was an apparent bad spot by a run by McGahee in the first half causing Buffalo to punt instead of challenging the spot.

YardRat
12-03-2006, 04:12 PM
No, that's an entirely different play.

You're right, I was referring to the fourth quarter.

Had you watched the game, which it's clear you didn't, you'd know that.

I am relying on the radio broadcasters, but if you would have been more specific about which Reed incompletion I may not have had to assume, ya' ***** :D

The red flag should have been thrown immediately.

Peerless Price had both his tip-toes in before he went out of bounds.

In reality, it probably shouldn't have been thrown at all...as a matter of fact, I believe the booth guys had the replay of Price's heel on the line during the time out before the flag was even tossed.

I don't know if it's Jauron or the guys in the booth, but our challenge skills leave a lot to be desired this year.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:13 PM

It strikes me as odd that an Ivy Leaguer would blow such obvious, easy challenges.

How about wasting 2 timeouts on a play that if he knew the rules, he would have never challenged!

The whole staff needs to go to challenging nursery school again and start over. Its a definite spot for improvement.

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Overall, the Bills played w/ a lot of heart.

But their coaches stabbed them in the back by refusing to stick up for their own players.

The Bills stayed in the game w/ a team that's obviously a lot more talented than themselves.

Ostensibly, it's a game the Bills should have won, barring a lot of horrible officiating.

And, of course, barring Dick Jauron's lack of faith in his own team.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
This team is better than last years team. We're moving the right direction. That's all that matters right now.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-03-2006, 04:32 PM

JP called the timeout because they didn't reset the game clock and time was running out of time. The refs weren't going to let us win this game and it was that close to being a completion or an incomplete pass it was that close that's why he decided to challenge if you could see the replay Peerless came down with the football and had both feet down but his left heel was out of bounds. I was at the game!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Those plays aren't challengeable!

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 04:38 PM

Yes they were.

In all three cases, the whistle was not blown prior to the call. So each play was fair game.

You can challange a spot (McGahee).

You can challenge whether or not a player's knee was down (Losman).

You can challange a fumble (Rivers).

Again, Jauron blew it.

JoeMama
12-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Who is this little LOSman WINS kid?

He's really annoying.

ParanoidAndroid
12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
When a referee rules a QB "in the grass" before a pass, it is not challengable. That was Ed Hocule's fault.....as in "bad call."

Willis' stretch was too late....it wasn't a bad spot. Also, that is a very difficult play to challenge. It has to be ridiculously obvious.

I saw two failures from the coaching staff.

1. They were looking to eat up the clock at the end of the first half instead of trying to score and it cost us dearly. There was no hurry up offense...no attempt to get a play off before the 2-minute warning and then a conservative run play on 3rd and 5. The terrible punt was unfortunate and unforseen, but it looked like they were satisfied trying to get into the locker room down 10-0 instead of trying to get into the locker room down 10-7 or 10-3. We saw the results. Perhaps they didn't want to risk an interception return, but you can't play scared against a good team like the Chargers.

2. Jauron should have never challenged that incompletion. The heel was clearly out of bounds. I think it might have been out of frustration that it could have easily been ruled that he was forced out of bounds by the contact from the safety.

Other than that, there were some good half-time adjustments as they totally out-played and out-hustled the Chargers in the 3rd quarter.

It was a good game overall.

One thing to note: This offense still cannot sustain a drive unless it is inside the 2-minute warning or in garbage time. The run game is impotent.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Not entirely correct Joe.

The sack play was not reviewable as andy pointed out. He talked to the ref about it. Ed said JP was in the grasp and under control.

Willis also stretched too late and they rarely reverse spots.

YardRat
12-03-2006, 06:24 PM

And yet, as far as I know, a force out isn't a reviewable play either because it's a judgement call by the official. But Hocule clearly stated that Price was forced out, and the play would be reviewed.

lordofgun
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I disagree with every post in this thread.

mybills
12-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I disagree with every post in this thread.
OMG, I agree with you. :eek:

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
OMG, I agree with you. :eek:

Ditto!

ParanoidAndroid
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
So, enlighten us then.