PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bills mock draft V 1.0!!!

X-Era
12-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Its never too early.

1) 9-16 range, Quentin Moses, other possibilities are Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr., maybe Mike Hart (dreaming)
2) Michael Bush, other possibilities Zach Miller if he drops, Robert Meachem if he drops, Brian Leonhard as a Mike Alstott type
3) Paul Williams- WR, other possibilities are Baraka Atkins, Aaron Sears if he drops, Steve Smith
4) Tim Duckworth
5-7) more OL, DL and Garrett Wolfe

BILLSROCK1212
12-03-2006, 04:57 PM
your one of the more knowledgable guys about the draft but this is completely screwed

X-Era
12-03-2006, 05:00 PM
your one of the more knowledgable guys in about the draft but this is completely screwed

Your WAY off base!

I listed some juniors, yes.

I think when all is said and done 9-16 is about where we are.

I watch draft sites all the time and Im not off on where these guys will likely go at this point.

Please provide specifics as to why your questioning me.

BILLSROCK1212
12-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Its never too early.

1) 9-16 range, Quentin Moses, other possibilities are Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr., maybe Mike Hart (dreaming)
2) Michael Bush, other possibilities Zach Miller if he drops, Robert Meachem if he drops, Brian Leonhard as a Mike Alstott type
3) Paul Williams- WR, other possibilities are Baraka Atkins, Aaron Sears if he drops, Steve Smith
4) Tim Duckworth

marshawn Lynch and Mike hart are not needs and Hart most likely wont enter the draft cas i am pretty sure he is a junior, Michael Bush wud really have to slip to be drafted in the 2nd round hell be a late 1st rounder..... Paul Williams we cud wait on and Rober Meachem wud be an idiot to enter the draft

I apologize cas i did critisize you a little too much maybe i just didnt understand u well overall i can agree with you for the most part except we should draft d and o line earlier

X-Era
12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
marshawn Lynch and Mike hart are not needs and Hart most likely wont enter the draft cas i am pretty sure he is a junior, Michael Bush wud really have to slip to be drafted in the 2nd round hell be a late 1st rounder..... Paul Williams we cud wait on and Rober Meachem wud be an idiot to enter the draft

I apologize cas i did critisize you a little too much maybe i just didnt understand u well overall i can agree with you for the most part except we should draft d and o line earlier

No big deal but for the record, I firmly believe we dont have our franchise RB yet. I use sites like condraft and footballsfuture. Both support my statements. Bush has dropped due to the season ending injury. Since it wasnt a knee injury, I think he will recover nicely. Paul Williams is rated #84 by condraft and his stock is rising. I think he could go 3rd round, we will have to wait and see. Its early still

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd be thrilled with Dwayne Jarrett.

BILLSROCK1212
12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
No big deal but for the record, I firmly believe we dont have our franchise RB yet. I use sites like condraft and footballsfuture. Both support my statements. Bush has dropped due to the season ending injury. Since it wasnt a knee injury, I think he will recover nicely. Paul Williams is rated #84 by condraft and his stock is rising. I think he could go 3rd round, we will have to wait and see. Its early still
after thinking about it for a little i think we should sign Michael Turner or draft Michael Bush those are the two RBs that I would like to see in the backfield on opening day

X-Era
12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd be thrilled with Dwayne Jarrett.

I really like him too. Overall, id like an offensive playmaker in the 1st the most. I want OL dont get me wrong, but Id rather get it in FA and later in the draft. The early to mid 1st is meant for LT's and we dont need one.

Lynch, Peterson, Ginn Jr., Jarrett, any of those guys helps us day one.

On the RB's, I want to see the 40 times. Im not sure whos the fastest guys. I really want speed and I wouldnt mind giving up some size. Thurman was great for us and wasnt the biggest.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Nor the fastest.

I'd love to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Nor the fastest.

I wouldnt normally agree with a move up, but I firmly believe that adding a stud playmaker like Johnson makes us a potent playoff type team. Id do it, Johnson may be the best WR prospect in the past 5 years! Hes that good!

How about our 1st and Willis to the Texans, Lions, or Oakland. All could use McGahee. However, all may stay where they are since they need a QB. Arizona is a prime trade partner, but they dont need a RB.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I wouldnt normally agree with a move up, but I firmly believe that adding a stud playmaker like Johnson makes us a potent playoff type team. Id do it, Johnson may be the best WR prospect in the past 5 years! Hes that good!

How about our 1st and Willis to the Texans, Lions, or Oakland. All could use McGahee. However, all may stay where they are since they need a QB. Arizona is a prime trade partner, but they dont need a RB.Hell ya! I'd throw in TKO as well.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Hell ya! I'd throw in TKO as well.

I just scanned a few more sites. I could see a move up with Oak.

Swap 1sts and give them McGahee. That would put us in the 2-5 range and would land us a guy like Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams

Oak could move to our 9 or so spot and still land a QB like Brohm.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I just scanned a few more sites. I could see a move up with Oak.

Swap 1sts and give them McGahee. That would put us in the 2-5 range and would land us a guy like Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams

Oak could move to our 9 or so spot and still land a QB like Brohm.

That said most sites have guys like Quentin Moses, Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Jarrett, or Ted Ginn Jr. in the 9-12 range.

X-Era
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Nor the fastest.

If I looked at it right, we sit 14th overall right now. Guys like Ginn Jr. and Jarrett look better and better.

Kenny
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Marshawn Lynch? Bush?

I do like Dwayne Jarrett and Gin Jr though. WR is the only position for offense I'd consider in the first round (if we're picking 10-15). Other positions I'd like to see addressed: LB (Poz) or a CB if we dont resign Clements (that kid from Michigan might last to early-mid round).

Bmax
12-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Its never too early.

4) Tim Duckworth

Just what we need in rd 1, 2, and 3 more skill position players..

I love Lynch and Ginn and Moses but if i had my way ..I would go for one of these guys in rd one pick 9-16.. Alan Branch DT Mich-JR if he comes out..6-5-330.. quick and strong at the point of attack..only problem he may go in the top 10..

Darrell Revis CB pitt, Leon Hall cb Mich- with clemets gone we need help can we really cont on thomas and you booty at 1 for the season.... Justin Blaylock-RG-Texas..yes guard at 6-4-330 this road grader who drives run piles could be the ruben Brown pick of this decade.

2.Harrell DT tenn, Hey The tim anderson exprience is over..at least the guy can still sell his pizzas...Okoye dt louisville. Ben Grubbs OG Auburn

3.Doug Datish-C ohio st...Hb blades-mlb....Raimeriz-OG texas tech....Scott Chandler TE -Iowa....

Also a Guy to check out is Matt Trannon Fron Mich ST 6-6-235-played WR and baskettball .. Could be a te in the NFL if he adds 15 -20 lbs and works on his blocking.....

Bmax

X-Era
12-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Just what we need in rd 1, 2, and 3 more skill position players..

I love Lynch and Ginn and Moses but if i had my way ..I would go for one of these guys in rd one pick 9-16.. Alan Branch DT Mich-JR if he comes out..6-5-330.. quick and strong at the point of attack..only problem he may go in the top 10..

Darrell Revis CB pitt, Leon Hall cb Mich- with clemets gone we need help can we really cont on thomas and you booty at 1 for the season.... Justin Blaylock-RG-Texas..yes guard at 6-4-330 this road grader who drives run piles could be the ruben Brown pick of this decade.

2.Harrell DT tenn, Hey The tim anderson exprience is over..at least the guy can still sell his pizzas...Okoye dt louisville. Ben Grubbs OG Auburn

3.Doug Datish-C ohio st...Hb blades-mlb....Raimeriz-OG texas tech....Scott Chandler TE -Iowa....

Also a Guy to check out is Matt Trannon Fron Mich ST 6-6-235-played WR and baskettball .. Could be a te in the NFL if he adds 15 -20 lbs and works on his blocking.....

Bmax

agree on Trannon, looks like Matt Jones but at TE.

Cant agree with the other spots except for replacements for Clements if he leaves. I hope to hell we lock him up and DONT spend another 1st rounder on a DB.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Horrible mock draft, we didn't take any offensive linemen on the first day? No thank you. We need to atleast grab a stud RG or RT in the 1st or 2nd round. Same could be said for CB,WR, LB or DT.

1st.) Jake Long, OT or Levi Brown, OT.
2nd.) Sidney Rice, WR.
3rd.) Mike Jones, OG.

Ingtar33
12-03-2006, 11:25 PM
well, we're sitting 16th.. and if phili losses, 17th in the draft order ATM...

Zach Miller might be just what we need.

drfunk
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
With their first pick of the 2007 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

JaMarcus Russell, Quarterback, Louisiana State University.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2006, 12:00 AM
With their first pick of the 2007 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

JaMarcus Russell, Quarterback, Louisiana State University.

we could use a QB. :up:

DraftBoy
12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
1. Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
2. Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
3. Mike Jones-OG-Iowa
4. Mike Otto-OT-Purdue
5. Lorenzo Booker-RB-Florida State
6. Oscar Lua-MLB-USC
7. Chris Leak-QB-University of Florida

Thatd be a good draft imo

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Interesting

I still think our key needs are TE, LB, OT and DT. Taking this into account and assuming we stay around the No14 mark I would play it like this ....

R1 ... Trade down and pick up Paul Posluzny in the low 20s
R2 ... Greg Olsen TE if he comes out
R3 (ours) Justin Harrell DT - his bicep injury might cause him to drop
R3 (xtra) Doug Free LT - has fallen in many mocks to the 3rd round

I think we can still pick up a big No2 WR in FA

LifetimeBillsFan
12-04-2006, 04:11 AM
No way that I would go with a RB with the first pick. The Bills need play-makers at too many other positions to go for one at a position that can be easily filled with a rookie down the road. Next year there should be some superb juniors entering the draft: Slaton, Rice and my favorite, Darren McFadden, etc.

With the quality of the WRs in this draft, my first choice would be to grab a big or very fast, game-breaking WR to pair with Lee Evans. I doubt that Calvin Johnson will still be on the board when the Bills pick or that they will be able to trade up high enough to get him (he'd cost too much if you could get someone to trade a pick, but why would they?). I LOVE Jarett, but want to see what his 40 times are--there has been some question about his speed--and am concerned whether he may have the same kind of footwork issues that a lot of tall WRs have when coming into the NFL (something only a WR coach would really know). Ginn doesn't have Jarrett's size or hands, but his speed makes up for that. I just don't know if either of these two will still be on the board when the Bills pick and I don't think that they should give up draft choices to move up to get them. I like Sidney Rice from S.Carolina a lot, but I'm not sure if he is a junior or soph.--he is a "poor man's" Jarrett and I would have the same concerns about him as with Jarrett, but he might be a guy who would be available in the 2nd round.

If not a WR, I'd like to see the Bills go with a defensive play-maker with their first pick, especially since T.Spikes has not shown that he is recovering well from him Achilles injury and L.Fletcher-Baker may be gone as a free agent. If Fletcher-Baker goes, the Bills may be forced to go with a LB who can play in the middle: P.Willis of Mississippi, B.Davis of FSU or P.Posluzny of Penn St. would all be acceptable, but the guy that I would most like the Bills to go with if they take a LB is L.Woodley of Michigan, who could replace TKO on the outside.

I could also see the Bills looking to further shore up their defensive line, even though they should get McCargo back next year. With the trade for Hargrove, I don't see them going with a DE. If they go with another DT instead of a LB, there are two guys that I would be VERY happy to see them take: I absolutely LOVE Glenn Dorsey, junior from LSU--like K.Williams, he has already played in this defense at the 1-gap spot and he was dominating in the games that I saw LSU play. If Dorsey stays in school, the other DT that I really like is Branch from Michigan. The only problem with Branch is that he is more of a 3-gap DT (Taylor, the Michigan 1-gap DT is just a frosh or soph, but he is really good--I like what I've seen of him a lot!) and I don't know if the Bills would want to add another 3-gap DT when their need is more at the 1-gap spot.

Because it is difficult to say at this stage just how the draft may shape up (people can still get injured, etc.) and it is likely that the Bills will be picking in the middle of each round, I don't think that it makes sense to say "I want the Bills to take this guy or that guy" at this stage. Too many things can change between now and draft day and, by the time the Bills get to make their pick, some of the players that I'd like to see them get are very likely to be gone already. Projecting into the later rounds at this point is even more of a guessing game IMHO. The Bills still have a lot of holes to fill and I'm just looking for them to find some play-makers to fill them--I don't care who they are, so I'm not going to start falling in love with any one of them as THE guy that they should take, or what round they get them in. Who'd have thought that they would have grabbed Ko Simpson in the 4th round last year and that he would end up starting almost his whole rookie season? Or that they would come up with Keith Ellison--who?--in the 6th round and that he would be as effective as he has been as a rookie?

As for offensive linemen: the only OT that I have seen worthy of a first round pick has been Joe Thomas of Wisconsin and he is goiong to be long gone by the time the Bills pick. A lot of folks have been projecting Jake Long, LT of Michigan, as a guy that the Bills might be interested in: did anyone see him against Ohio State? He got beat a lot in that game. He'll probably go in the first round anyway, but I think it will take him some time to be ready to step in to a starting lineup and I would prefer to see the Bills take a play-maker who will be able to make a difference next year with their first pick. There are some pretty good OGs that I've seen this season, but I figure that interior linemen can be gotten in the second or third round, after the Bills have gotten themselves a play-maker or two. That's not to say that I don't think that they should look to draft an offensive lineman on the first day if they can: if they were drafting high in round one, I would LOVE to see them take Joe Thomas--he's a beast that I was hoping they would take last year before he got hurt and passed on the draft--but I don't think the relative value will be there at the position where the Bills are now likely to be drafting in the first round. I DO think that the Bills will try to address the offensive line in this off-season, but where and how will probably depend a lot on how the players that they have now play the rest of the season and who is available in free agency (I think that the comments that Jauron made when Preston took over for Villarial are a strong indication that the Bills are indeed already evaluating the offensive linemen that they have to determine which of those players they need to replace, etc.). Given the way that Peters and Pennington (who is still a pretty raw rookie) have played since the bye week, I doubt that they will be looking for an OT capable of starting in the early rounds of this coming draft and, as a result, if they do draft an offensive lineman on the first day, I would expect them to focus on an interior lineman (or an OT who they feel projects as an interior lineman in the NFL) instead.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-04-2006, 04:19 AM
P.S.: I would be shocked if the Bills do not look to sign or draft (probably in the late rounds) a player who can step in as a FB in their offense in the off-season. I'm not sure that Brian Leonard of Rutgers fits the mold of FB that they are looking for (he's in the 230-240 lb. range and more of a HB than the 250-260 lb. pure blocker that Jauron and Fairchild have indicated that they prefer), but I've seen a couple of guys in college this season who do fit that mold--I'm just not sure if they are good enough to replace Shelton (that position is tough to evaluate unless you see a team week in and week out) or which ones will be coming out this year.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 07:17 AM
P.S.: I would be shocked if the Bills do not look to sign or draft (probably in the late rounds) a player who can step in as a FB in their offense in the off-season. I'm not sure that Brian Leonard of Rutgers fits the mold of FB that they are looking for (he's in the 230-240 lb. range and more of a HB than the 250-260 lb. pure blocker that Jauron and Fairchild have indicated that they prefer), but I've seen a couple of guys in college this season who do fit that mold--I'm just not sure if they are good enough to replace Shelton (that position is tough to evaluate unless you see a team week in and week out) or which ones will be coming out this year.

Agreed FB is a need and I can see a pick maybe going there. I know the Fins have the rights to Kyle Eckels .. he wasn't not drafted cos of his navy commitments but could block and run. If he gets released we sign him

I am not convinced by all but the top WR and in that case I would like to see a TE like Greg Olsen drafted. At LB they all seem to be sliding and we could easily pick up Posluzny or Willis who can go in or out lower in the first round. My problem with most of the DTs this year are they all seem to lack the weight to anchor apart from Branch and Okoye. I feel we need a pure run stuffer there and it maybe that we can get a suitable guy on Day2. After all you just need to be huge, manhandle a double team and defend the line of scrimage. Pat Williams has been one of our better DTs in franchise history and I hope we are looking at the likes of maybe a small school guy who could maybe come in like Dorian DeRosia at 6ft6 and 320lbs. On the OL some of the guys are dropping at a guy like Doug Free or Mike Otto in R3 would be a perfect addition to the team

mysticsoto
12-04-2006, 07:43 AM
I agree LTBF, talking about drafting a RB in the 1st rd is ridiculous!!! Right now, if we had a run stopping D, we'd probably be going to the playoffs. The offense has progressed farther than I expected them to and JP is looking good. Hell, in the pre-game show yesterday, they mentioned that JP has done a quantum leap this year. I'm not sure if I'm ready to call it a quantum leap, but he is playing well enough and even the Oline looks better with the changes they implemented.

The Run-D is pukingly atrocious, however. Any stupid no-name running back could give it fits. Our front 4 need to be stronger - they do have speed, but they lack strength and therefore can be pushed around quite easily. Tripplett is probably one of the stronger D-lineman. Tim Anderson is supposed to be pretty strong, but he is undisciplined and not as fast. Schobel needs to gain more weight - the typical LT can just push him where he wants him to go. Kelsay & Denney...one of these will have to be replaced. I do like Hargrove. He has heart and intensity. My guess is...b'cse Denney contributes well in STs, that Kelsay should be the one to go.

I wonder if it's time to rethink how we want the Dline to work. The "fast, penetrating" DTs leave the game open to the run which should be unacceptable in a cold weather team. Running is much easier when it is snowy and windy than passing. Do we really want to make running easier for other teams? Our CBs and S are fast, I think we should get a stout Dline that blocks any attempt to run on it...and instead make teams beat us with the pass...This is why our D was so good when Jerry Gray was here. Nobody could run with PW and Sam Adams there.

I question whether the entire D philosophy is the right one for the team...

casdhf
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Why are we drafting WR with our #1? Evans is a #1, Price is obviously back in things, as well as Parrish and Reed ... I think this is a strong point on the team, I don't see why we would add to it.

X-Era
12-04-2006, 08:39 AM
1. Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
2. Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
3. Mike Jones-OG-Iowa
4. Mike Otto-OT-Purdue
6. Oscar Lua-MLB-USC

I like it!!!!!

How about skipping the TE from the U and taking Matt Trannon, hes a sleeper IMO.

Lorenzo Booker is a guy I really like as is Darius Walker.

X-Era
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Horrible mock draft, we didn't take any offensive linemen on the first day? No thank you. We need to atleast grab a stud RG or RT in the 1st or 2nd round. Same could be said for CB,WR, LB or DT.

1st.) Jake Long, OT or Levi Brown, OT.
2nd.) Sidney Rice, WR.
3rd.) Mike Jones, OG.

Both Jake Long and Levi Brown are LT's not RT's. Sidney Rice is staying in school, Mike Jones I like.

I didnt say we skipped OL in the offseason, I want Steinbach. I have no problem with a RT on day one, but not in the 1st round. Most GM's take LT's in the 1st and we dont need one.

DraftBoy
12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I like it!!!!!

How about skipping the TE from the U and taking Matt Trannon, hes a sleeper IMO.

Lorenzo Booker is a guy I really like as is Darius Walker.

Cause Trannon isnt going to be the next Colston like everybody has been saying there is a reason as to why his numbers arent good. Olsen will bring the same skill as Shockey without the attitude.

I could see us taking Walker. Powerful smaller back, with some speed. Good backup imo.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:18 PM
1. Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
2. Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
3. Mike Jones-OG-Iowa
4. Mike Otto-OT-Purdue
6. Oscar Lua-MLB-USC

I think Leak will atleast be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The title game against OSU could bump his stock up.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Both Jake Long and Levi Brown are LT's not RT's. Sidney Rice is staying in school, Mike Jones I like.

I didnt say we skipped OL in the offseason, I want Steinbach. I have no problem with a RT on day one, but not in the 1st round. Most GM's take LT's in the 1st and we dont need one.

I don't see anything wrong with taking a LT and making them learn RT, it is quite common for teams to do this. If Sidney Rice is staying in school then:

1st.) Long or Brown
2nd.) Miller or Samardizija
3rd.) Mike Jones

DraftBoy
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I think Leak will atleast be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The title game against OSU could bump his stock up.

Dont bet on that, he's had a rough year, and Tim Tebow will get every shot to shine in that game. Plus OSU should stomp the Gators imo.

DraftBoy
12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't see anything wrong with taking a LT and making them learn RT, it is quite common for teams to do this. If Sidney Rice is staying in school then:

1st.) Long or Brown
2nd.) Miller or Samardizija
3rd.) Mike Jones

Hell why not just move Peters back to RT? I could go with Long or Baker in round 1. Miller in round 2, bc The Shark wont drop that far, and Jones in round 3 makes me happy.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Both Brown or Long can grade out to the right side, in fact a number of boards feel in the pros they be better there

As I posted on another thread

R1 - trade down for Posluzny or Willis at LB
R2 - Greg Olsen TE and cut Everett
R3 (ours) Justin Harrell DT (if recovered from bicep injury)
R3 (xtra) Doug Free OT (back up for Peters) makes the line flexible.
R4 - Eric Weddle - depth at CB and S
R5 - TRADED
R6 - Clifton Dawson RB; 5ft10, 198 lbs support for A Train on 3rd downs
R7 - Damion DeRosia NT 6ft5, 320lbs, Saginaw Valley St

In a ideal world I would like to trade McGahee to the Jaguars for a No2 in 2008 and Elvis Wilford WR.

Olsen and Wilford give us two new receivers over 6ft4, my concern with Tranton is I hear he blows hot and cold - lets stop messing about and get a true TE with talent.

Harrell has a rep as a run stuffer, DeRosia is bigger but is a NT at Saginaw Valley and my thinking is if we picked up DiGiorgio last year the scouts would have noticed the big NT allowing him to make plays.

Posluzny or Willis give us cover for the FB or TKO decision. Both can play inside or out, the former a blue collar type like Spielman.

Free gives us a true LT cover if Peters gets injured or needs to move to the right. I think the interior guys in the draft are poor this year and I think we could stick Jason anywhere and he'd still be great. Someone like Free means if Peters gets injured, like Petitgout at the Giants next season won't immediately go off the rails.

Weddle gives us top safety cover and has shut down Calvin Johnson whilst playing at CB.

A-Train can carry the load for a season and there is a lot of exciting RBs in 2008<!-- / message -->

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Doug Free in the 3rd? No way.

mysticsoto
12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Hell why not just move Peters back to RT? I could go with Long or Baker in round 1. Miller in round 2, bc The Shark wont drop that far, and Jones in round 3 makes me happy.

But why when Peters is doing well at LT? If we don't think highly of Pennington (which in my opinion is too early to judge) then we could grab a decent RT in the 2nd or 3rd rd. But despite Pennington's early bad play, he seems to be getting better. Clearly the strongest need is to get a RG. We have to have our middle stronger and I suspect a road grater is needed at RG to better our running lanes for McGahee or A-train to run through.

Overall, I think we need to work on defense. While we did so last year and improved our secondary and pass defense dramatically, our Run D is horrible. Until we can shore up that weakness, we will never be a playoff team.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Doug Free in the 3rd? No way.

Apparently a number of boards are grading him here. There is the concern that whilst he has the feet, he has difficulty anchoring because he is narrow. He's not had the best of seasons.

With so many top OL in this years draft there were always going to be guys who were going to slip.

Last year Eric Winston was talked of initially as maybe even a top 10 pick and ended up in the 3rd. Max Jean Gilles was considered at the bottom of R1 and lasted until the 2nd day. Stranger things have happened