PDA

View Full Version : I know why Moorman doesn't get Pro Bowl attention.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I having been keeping this to myself but I tested my theory today. I bet my Buffalo buddy,here in Atlanta, while we were watching the game, $20 that Moorman would shank his punt with the wind behind him. We used the 50 yard line as the determinate. Sure enough I believe it went to the 46 with a net of 30 something.

I have watched Moorman now a bunch of times, when we needed a big kick out of him, muff or punt an extremely short kick. When there's no pressure he's great, but when we need something big he's not impressive.

I'm not saying trade him or he sucks. He's very good but I like players that get it done when the game is on the line. We don't have enough of those guys.

jimmifli
12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
You're nuts.

All punters shank some punts.

Moorman is a big reason we've had the best ST in the NFL for the last 3 or so years.

Moorman changes games. I can't think of any other game changing punters.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
You're nuts.

Moorman is a big reason we've had the best ST in the NFL for the last 3 or so years.

Why does it always have to go like this? Why am I nuts? Because I have seen Moorman muff a bunch when we needed a big kick out him. A 60 yrd punt from our 45 isn't as meaningful as one from our 11. He had the wind with him!!

2nd Quarter

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><THEAD><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH class=l colSpan=3>Buffalo - 2:34 </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY class=ysptblcontent1><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, BUF2</TD><TD vAlign=top>2:34</TD><TD vAlign=top>W. McGahee rushed to the left for 2 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-8, BUF4</TD><TD vAlign=top>2:00</TD><TD vAlign=top>W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>3rd-5, BUF7</TD><TD vAlign=top>1:19</TD><TD vAlign=top>W. McGahee rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>4th-1, BUF11</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:54</TD><TD vAlign=top>B. Moorman punt, no return</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblspacer10><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY><THEAD><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH class=l colSpan=3>San Diego - 0:54 </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY class=ysptblcontent1><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, BUF43</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:54</TD><TD vAlign=top>P. Rivers passed to A. Gates to the right for 4 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-6, BUF39</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:47</TD><TD vAlign=top>P. Rivers passed to L. Tomlinson to the right for 2 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>3rd-4, BUF37</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:42</TD><TD vAlign=top>P. Rivers passed to A. Gates to the right for 26 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, BUF11</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:33</TD><TD vAlign=top>P. Rivers incomplete pass to the right</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-10, BUF11</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:24</TD><TD vAlign=top>P. Rivers passed to A. Gates to the right for 11 yard touchdown. N. Kaeding made PAT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BlackMetalNinja
12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah he had a bad game in the wind today... he's still our damn MVP more often then not... and that's just sad!

BigBoltIke
12-03-2006, 10:42 PM
You're nuts.

Mike Scifres, the SD punter, who is going to the probowl this season.

hammerbillsfan
12-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Mike Scifres, the SD punter, who is going to the probowl this season.

I liked that duck he kicked in the 3rd quarter.

(10:15) M.Scifres punts 29 yards to SD 45, Center-D.Binn. J.Leonhard to SD 13 for 32 yards (M.Wilhelm). Key block: K.Ellison.

Slim
12-03-2006, 11:07 PM
I liked that duck he kicked in the 3rd quarter.

(10:15) M.Scifres punts 29 yards to SD 45, Center-D.Binn. J.Leonhard to SD 13 for 32 yards (M.Wilhelm). Key block: K.Ellison.

Good -3 net punt.