PDA

View Full Version : Once again Yale goes conservative before the half

Kerr
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Dick Jauron is not a rookie head coach. He should know better than this. I'm really starting to lose confidence in him as a long term answer with his bonehead approach. With timeouts and over a minute before the half he has the offense run three straight running plays, which lead to a punt and lead to a San Diego TD by Gates. He could have at least tried for the fg before the half, but that was too "risky". Steve Tasker said it best during the game. The bills were the desperate team who needed to win. They were the team that had to take the risks in the game, not San Diego. :puke:

Michael82
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
He coaches scared too much and then sucks ass at clock management. :mad: :ill:

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
we needed toat least try to establish a run. I don't have a problem with the call, I just have a problem with execution.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I think Jauron's issue where more about players executing than his coaching. Willis had a first down at one point in the game and instead of putting his head down and getting he tried to dance around to get the bigger play. Willis it was 3rd down, get the ****ing first down!!!

Jp had a similar play and knew where the first down marker was and put his head down to get it. Willis is a pussy!!

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I think Jauron's issue where more about players executing than his coaching. Willis had a first down at one point in the game and instead of putting his head down and getting he tried to dance around to get the bigger play. Willis it was 3rd down, get the ****ing first down!!!

Jp had a similar play and knew where the first down marker was and put his head down to get it. Willis is a pussy!!

Yeah, that's it. I guess he had the same problem in Chicago and during his brief stint in Detroit last year. It must be that he really knows what he is doing, but all the players he coaches are stupid. Whatever...

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah, that's it. I guess he had the same problem in Chicago and during his brief stint in Detroit last year. It must be that he really knows what he is doing, but all the players he coaches are stupid. Whatever...Did you really expect this team to execute every play in their first year of rebuild? Seriously, we have rookies starting on D and a reshuffled OL. Even the vets in this OL are learning a new system.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Did you really expect this team to execute every play in their first year of rebuild? Seriously, we have rookies starting on D and a reshuffled OL. Even the vets in this OL are learning a new system.

Tell me you are kidding? First year of rebuilding? We're in about our 7th! I don't except mediocrity as progress, if you do...fine.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Tell me you are kidding? First year of rebuilding? We're in about our 7th! I don't except mediocrity as progress, if you do...fine.

Someone forgot to tell you Mularkey and TD are gone. Mularkey is now the OC of the fins.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Someone forgot to tell you Mularkey and TD are gone. Mularkey is now the OC of the fins.

Someone forgot to tell you that the franchise didn't just start this year. We've been bad for a good 7 years. Sorry, I haven't forgotten that point.

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Someone forgot to tell you that the franchise didn't just start this year. We've been bad for a good 7 years. Sorry, I haven't forgotten that point.
Seriously nighthawk, a new GM, coach, system, new players etc. is not a rebuild? You're the only one in the entire football world thinks otherwise.

7 years ago? that's funny.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Seriously nighthawk, a new GM, coach, system, new players etc. is not a rebuild? You're the only one in the entire football world thinks otherwise.

Yeah, how's that new coach doing in Jets world? Or, how about the Saints? Get my point...

justasportsfan
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, how's that new coach doing in Jets world? Or, how about the Saints? Get my point...

How about the sb champs? Seahawks, panthers. Get my point?

HHURRICANE
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM

****. When did we get Tom Brady and Shaun Alexander?!

Bling
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM

I think you're both right. You guys will always be rebuilding until you get to the playoffs. But learning new systems takes time. Though I'd argue that there really shouldn't be much confusion in week 13, but that's just me. Kinks should be out of the way.