PDA

View Full Version : Question

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 11:40 PM
I didn't get to see the game. So I got some questions.

Im just wondering if JP looked as bad as his stats. looked for the first 57 minutes of the game? 15 of 29 for 122 yards 1 T D (setup by the special teams) 2 INTs. and a fumble. Was it the wind, o-line, receivers, or coaching fault that made JP look so bad?

Going 6-8 for 62 yards and 1 TD in what some would consider garbage time, down by 10 with 3 minutes left, helped his stats. look alittle better.

It looks like the D and Special teams played well enough for the Bills to win again.

Looking at the Bills Drive chart, all I got to say is, damn, the offense sucks.

Drives of 4 plays, 6, 3, 3, 3, 6, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 8, 10 plays is pathetic.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2006, 11:43 PM
this should be interesting.

:movie:

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Good, you can't criticize the Bills this week, you didn't even watch the game.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Good, you can't criticize the Bills this week, you didn't even watch the game.

Thats why Im asking if JP looked as bad as his stats. make him look.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM

yep.......

gr8slayer
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Guess it depends on who you ask. He looked like crap in the first half and for the first time all year it cant be blamed on the OL. They blocked great today considering whot hey were going up against. But in the second half JP looked like he has the last two weeks..... Solid.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
yep.......

That sucks. I was getting my hopes up after he dismantled the 27th ranked defense of the 4-8 Houston Texans.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Guess it depends on who you ask. He looked like crap in the first half and for the first time all year it cant be blamed on the OL. They blocked great today considering whot hey were going up against. But in the second half JP looked like he has the last two weeks..... Solid.

Thanks.

The second half or the last drive? Because the Bills only had 66 yards of offense the second half until the last garbage time drive.

Did the D and Special teams play well enough for the Bills to beat SD?

SABURZFAN
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
That sucks. I was getting my hopes up after he dismantled the 27th ranked defense of the 4-8 Houston Texans.

but it wasn't his fault..... :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
12-04-2006, 12:00 AM
but it wasn't his fault..... :rolleyes:

It was the wind. So much for that rocket arm.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2006, 12:02 AM
It was the wind. So much for that rocket arm.

you'll have to ask the rocket scientists around here.

Devin
12-04-2006, 12:50 AM

Im just wondering if JP looked as bad as his stats. looked for the first 57 minutes of the game? 15 of 29 for 122 yards 1 T D (setup by the special teams) 2 INTs. and a fumble. Was it the wind, o-line, receivers, or coaching fault that made JP look so bad?

Going 6-8 for 62 yards and 1 TD in what some would consider garbage time, down by 10 with 3 minutes left, helped his stats. look alittle better.

It looks like the D and Special teams played well enough for the Bills to win again.

Honestly it was back and forth.

Jp's accuracy has always been poor so thats not really a secret. Some questionable play calling but overall in the 1st half JP was pretty dismal. He had a fair amount of time, and the WR's didnt appear to be having to much trouble with SD. Just a lot of over/under throws.

I will give credit where credit is due, JP did make the most of the 2 scoring drives given to him, but he simply could not get moving this game.

Thanks.

The second half or the last drive? Because the Bills only had 66 yards of offense the second half until the last garbage time drive.

Did the D and Special teams play well enough for the Bills to beat SD?

Yes.

The D struggled at times but a big part of that was being on the field the whole game. The defense wasnt great obviously but they kept us in the game almost the entire 1st half. And allowed 1 TD in the 2nd half. If it werent for LT's 51 yarder it might have been a diff game.

The 4th quarter TD SD drove for 8 minutes. That was a big killer.

The Special teams unit was somewhere above average and below great. A few really nice returns, decent kicking. Solid effort all around.

The officiating was poor to say the least however I will not put the loss on that.

And LT was LT, he did what most of the Fan's here knew he would.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 02:26 AM
We knew we would not be able to stop LT but I think our own inability to establish the run was crucial. I know everyone has a very strong opinion about JP, but McGahee's performance was appalling. 26yds from the self proclaimed best RB in the league. I can't work out whether he was just s**t or if he can try to hide behind the OL not helping him and the coaches not sticking with trying to establish the run?

Its Buffalo. Its November. Its 35 degrees F, its windy. JP might have a rocket arm but under/over throws come from trying to battle against Mother Nature. It is quite possible that some of Leinart's throws could have ended up as laterals :)

Typ0
12-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I don't know what game some of you were watching but the pass blocking was horrific in this game. Still, that's no excuse for JP putting the ball on the ground--again. Overall, I got the feeling that JP Losman is making progress but would have liked to see more from him in this game. He had a poor performance but he didn't look clueless out there either. This time, he seemed to know how much the offense was struggling and he was trying to do something about it instead of just walking around with a dazed look on his face.

SquishDaFish
12-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Perfect post Typo. But the couple of Haters dont see it that way. Its stats or nothing.

jamze132
12-04-2006, 06:05 AM
The LB trio of San Diego had like 29 tackles, 3 sacks, 6 knockdowns, and countless pressures. Brady and Manning would have suffered as well.

jmb1099
12-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Pass protection was fair at best. SD is a quality defense. The question about our defense playing well enough to win is humorous considering that SD rushed the ball at will. If any unit looked clueless on the field it was the defense. The offense played somewhat like everyone expected them to play except that almost no one expected us to put up that many points against SD's D. Was it set up by special teams? Yes, but isn't that the point of having a good special teams unit? They are supposed to put you into a position to win and they did so to say the offense scored because of special teams in an attempt to discredit the offense or more specifically the qb is moronic. The special teams set it up, the offense delivered, that's good football.
As far as the passing game is concerned look at the stats for both qb's and it tells the tale rather well...wind. At times its our best friend in Orchard Park and at times it bites us in the ass as well as any one else.
Receivers: Only one comment here: Peerless either gives awe inspiring performances, or he plays lazy football, I don't know how else to describe it.
Magahee layed an absolute egg. We had no running game to speak of which for those of you who have your popcorn eating icon up should know is the weapon of choice on a windy day. SD gameplanned accordingly, we did too actually. Problem is we had to adjust because Willis, I'm the best back in the NFL, Magahee couldn't run the ball if his ass was on fire. No running game on a day like yesterday means open season n the passing game and that's exactly what happened. You guys can go back to eating your popcorn now...don't choke on it.

don137
12-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Why do some people expect a QB to be perfect? Yes, JP made his share of mistakes but he also made some great plays. JP's stats would be much better had the Chargers not pushed Price out of bounds on a "incomplete" pass or hit Evans before the ball was "phantomly" tipped. Right there bad officiating cost 30-40 yards and stalled a drive.
I agree with Typo, JP is progressing and has a way to go but I also think McGahee is more of a problem than JP at this point.

mybills
12-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Again, you can't go by stats.

I thought JP and Rivers BOTH looked terrible when playing into the wind. Both did better going the other way.

I also agree with Typ0 -
"he didn't look clueless out there either. This time, he seemed to know how much the offense was struggling and he was trying to do something about it"

He rushed, got rid of the ball instead of taking a sack & losing yds., etc. It was a tough fought game by both teams. kudos to all.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Again, you can't go by stats.

I thought JP and Rivers BOTH looked terrible when playing into the wind. Both did better going the other way.

I didn't get to see the game so I was wondering if JP played as bad as the stats. make him look.

Elminster
12-04-2006, 07:36 AM
The real story was our rushing game....or the complete lack thereof. JP played decently, and very well at the end, but the defense really could've used some production on the ground to get them a breather, IMO, and I think JP probably would've looked a little better if they actually had to guess whether or not we were passing....and I'm posing you, btw...

TacklingDummy
12-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Pass protection was fair at best. SD is a quality defense. The question about our defense playing well enough to win is humorous considering that SD rushed the ball at will. If any unit looked clueless on the field it was the defense. The offense played somewhat like everyone expected them to play except that almost no one expected us to put up that many points against SD's D. Was it set up by special teams? Yes, but isn't that the point of having a good special teams unit?

Its too bad our Special teams and Defense can't always set up the Offense with Touchdown drives of 19 and 13 yards.

Going by stats, didn't get to see the game, it looks like the only reason Buffalo was even in the game was because of the D and ST.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 07:43 AM

I have to give you pos rep because of the Skooby debacle.

With that said please don't ask rhetorical questions. You already have an answer in your head.

If the question was legit the answer would be a NO!!! When your star RB gets 36 yards (1.6 yard carry) the QB is going to have a tough day.

jmb1099
12-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Its too bad our Special teams and Defense can't always set up the Offense with Touchdown drives of 19 and 13 yards.

Going by stats, didn't get to see the game, it looks like the only reason Buffalo was even in the game was because of the D and ST.
The defense cost us the game. Wouldn't it be nice if they could actually stop the run for once?

TacklingDummy
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
The defense cost us the game. Wouldn't it be nice if they could actually stop the run for once?

The first 11 drives the offense had were for 6 plays or less. And you blame the defense. :rolleyes:

RBI90
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
The first 11 drives the offense had were for 6 plays or less. And you blame the defense. :rolleyes:

I agree, your defense played well. The offense was lacking. Don't let the final score fool you, the game was not as close as the score says.

A SD fumble give the Bills the ball on the 19 yard line. 4 plays later TD. This took 2:00 minutes.

A great return gives the Bills the ball at the 13 yard line. 4 plays later TD. This takes 1:55.

The 10 play drive for 62 yards for the final score was against a prevent defense. This takes 1:56.

I think the offense took advantage when it had chances to make the score close, the the overall lack of offense lost this game.

The defense held the Chargers to 24 points. I think they did their job.

Elminster
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I agree, your defense played well. The offense was lacking. Don't let the final score fool you, the game was not as close as the score says.

A SD fumble give the Bills the ball on the 19 yard line. 4 plays later TD. This took 2:00 minutes.

A great return gives the Bills the ball at the 13 yard line. 4 plays later TD. This takes 1:55.

The 10 play drive for 62 yards for the final score was against a prevent defense. This takes 1:56.

I think the offense took advantage when it had chances to make the score close, the the overall lack of offense lost this game.

The defense held the Chargers to 24 points. I think they did their job.
I'm not too down on our offense...well, at least the passing. You guys have a great defense, and our complete lack of any running game whatsoever made it easy on you guys as far as shutting down our offense went. The only way to consistently move on a defense like yours is to have both a legitimate ground and aerial attack, and we obviously didn't have the former. Your offense, by comparison, had it easy....hand the ball off to LT twice, and it's a first down. It's sort of a catch-22....yeah, our offense has to stay on the field longer, but our defense has to get off the field faster and actually put the brakes on the opposing team's running attack once in a while. Oh well...you don't build a contender over night, and we've already come a long way IMO...

Earthquake Enyart
12-04-2006, 09:46 AM
He looked horrible in the first half with the traditional sack/fumble and bad pick. The fumble, he HAD to see the guy coming and still lost it. He had several other bad throws.

However, in the second half, we got the good return and the fumble recovery and managed to punch in 2 TD's on the short field. They did finally roll him out a couple of times and it looked like he could handle it.

Bottom line, he looks better, like he has half a clue now. He is showing more guts than I've seen in the past. Maybe with more help he'll turn out.

TigerJ
12-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Bump

jmb1099
12-05-2006, 06:37 AM
So you think the defense did its job by allowing 200 yards rushing? Or maybe you think the defense did its job by allowing a late game drive that chewed up eight minutes of clock ? Losman didn't play great, but he at least threw for two scores. Too bad our "best back in the nfl" was outrushed by almost 150 yards.I know, in your strange world Losman should have been blocking for WM and stopping the run, and ushering in world peace. Sarcasm aside, I have no problem holding Losman accountable for poor play, but what about holding the rest of the team accountable? Yes the offense play was dismal, especially in the first half, but they did manage to put points on the board. The argument in weeks past has been the offense can't score...now they can. While the offense should have performed better, they were playing against a top defense. While the defense should have played better, they were playing against a top offense. If your going to give a serious evauluation of the game you might better give credit and criticism where its due on all sides otherwise it justs looks like another anti-losman thread, which it is, again, from someone who didn't even see the game.