PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Played like crap.

Night Train
12-04-2006, 06:00 AM
He seems lost all season.

I realize our paper front 7 can't stop any RB but he keeps missing tackles.

BILLSROCK1212
12-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Roy Williams screws up a lot too but no1 is saying he is terrible

don137
12-04-2006, 06:05 AM
He has been very inconsistant all year but he is the best that we got. He is gaining valuable experience which should help when the Bills will be poised to make a playoff run next year.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 07:54 AM
He got tooled by Tomlinson on that 51-yard run. Tomlinson is fast, but there is no excuse for a S letting a RB get by him on the sideline. He took a bad angle and was unable to push him out of bounds.

You have to be impressed with Buffalo's ability to play some elite teams (Indy, SD) tough. Granted, they lost both games, but they didn't roll over and die.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 08:00 AM
He's a rookie playing like a rookie at times. Vincent wasn't playing any better back there so let the kid take his licks. He will be significantly better next year.

gr8slayer
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Roy Williams screws up a lot too but no1 is saying he is terrible
Eh you must have never been to Dallas before. HE is the joke of the town half the time.

Philagape
12-04-2006, 08:47 AM
He got tooled by Tomlinson on that 51-yard run. Tomlinson is fast, but there is no excuse for a S letting a RB get by him on the sideline. He took a bad angle and was unable to push him out of bounds.

He looked close enough (on TV), but actually looked like he was intimidated. Just let him go right by.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Ko is ALWAYS a step late getting there, whether it's making a tackle on the RB or making a play on the ball.

I don't think it's lack of athletic ability- I think he just doesn't understand where he's supposed to be.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
We've got two rookies back there. Expect ups and downs.

Earthquake Enyart
12-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I feel that the Chargers were the first team that really exploited the both of them.

Simpson and Whitner looked bad on the Gates TD. Witner got faked out and Simpson lwas late to the middle to help.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Lets not forget our #8 pick getting schooled by Gates all day inc the TD pass.

BOTH safetys looked like **** yesterday.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Simpson was very raw coming out of college. Am I right in thinking he'd still be a junior if he chosen to stay and come out in 2007? I think the only issue with letting Vincent go was there was a loss of veteran experience to help his development. However I am sure most teams would be delighted to have a combination like Simpson/Whitner in the future

Devin
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Eh they are rookies so I dont care.

Now if this remains an issue next season, it will be an issue.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
They both played great football, they were just outclassed. Asking anyone to cover Gates one-on-one is a bad decision, regardless of the weather. Gates is the best TE in football, and when you single up on him all day and it only costs you 90 yds and a touch, that's not bad.

As far as Simpson, Tomlinson hadn't taken it to the outside all day, and I think he's probably the fastest guy Simpson has tried to tackle in his pro career. Simpson looked unaware of the angle he needed to take. Safeties in the AFC West, when LT goes to the outside, start sprinting 40 yds downfield to try to have an angle on him. Then they don't try to tackle him, they push him out of bounds.

You guys held the best offense in the NFL to 24 points. Shore up that interior line and the Bills D will be fine.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Simpson was very raw coming out of college. Am I right in thinking he'd still be a junior if he chosen to stay and come out in 2007? I think the only issue with letting Vincent go was there was a loss of veteran experience to help his development. However I am sure most teams would be delighted to have a combination like Simpson/Whitner in the future

Ko was raw, it was his sophomore year, but he worked for a year before going to college, then came out early.

Saratoga Slim
12-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Ko is ALWAYS a step late getting there, whether it's making a tackle on the RB or making a play on the ball.

I don't think it's lack of athletic ability- I think he just doesn't understand where he's supposed to be.

Exactly. like a couple other posters said, the dude's a rookie. He's going to make mistakes in getting where he's supposed to be. And the whole reason he's on our team is b/c he's a very raw rookie. No one doubted his physical skiils, but he dropped to the 4th rd entirely because he had a limited amount of collegiate experience. I think he'll get better.

Romes
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Marv Levy once said something along the lines that you are garuanteed 1 loss per rookie that you have starting during the season.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 02:07 PM
You guys are being way too hard on Simpson. You can't tackle LT 1-on-1. Last year he broke Ty Law's ankles on his way to a 30 yd TD reception.

BoltfanBo
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
You guys are being way too hard on Simpson. You can't tackle LT 1-on-1. Last year he broke Ty Law's ankles on his way to a 30 yd TD reception.
I loved that play. I was in NY for that game and alll the surraounding Jet fans just said OMG and started laughing. They couldn't believe it.

Devin
12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
LT is LT.

He does those things. Honestly im not sure there is any one player who matches up with him.

don137
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
He has been very inconsistant all year but he is the best that we got. He is gaining valuable experience which should help when the Bills will be poised to make a playoff run next year.

Can you believe Marv negged me for this? "Playoff run next year? your nuts dude" What a piss poor excuse for a fan.

Elminster
12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I think you're expecting too much too soon. It's a wonder he isn't playing WORSE than he is, considering how raw he was...

LtBillsFan66
12-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I've been saying this for weeks too, EE.

ShadowHawk7
12-27-2006, 01:30 PM
He's a rookie playing like a rookie at times. Vincent wasn't playing any better back there so let the kid take his licks. He will be significantly better next year.
I don't know about that, but this season as a whole I think KS has impressed me more than Donte Whitner who has a long way to go in terms of run support.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Simpson's a very young and inexperienced guy (2 years of college ball), playing a very difficult position in the NFL. With experience and some help from the front seven, I think he will be a fine player.

Kerr
12-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Can you believe Marv negged me for this? "Playoff run next year? your nuts dude" What a piss poor excuse for a fan.

It's not the end of the world.

gr8slayer
12-27-2006, 09:03 PM
"Every rookie deserves three years."