PDA

View Full Version : I officially hate Rivers

don137
12-04-2006, 06:46 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061204/SPORTS03/612040350/1021

In the Democrat & Chroncle Rivers, the arrogant SOB says "We (the offense) gave them (the defense) two short fields. If we don't, it's probably 24 or 31 to nothing. Our defense, they're a heck of a group."

Don't be so arrogant and say that you could of beat the Bills 24 or 31-0 if it wasn't for the Chargers mistakes after a game the officials clearly helped the Chargers. I guess he is forgetting the short fields the refs helped them and how it stopped multiple drives of the Bills or put them in bad field position. I hope he chokes in the playoffs.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 06:49 AM
It was more like the Bills took the short field and the refs & chargers tried to take it away.

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Before the game the Chargers players were much more vocal than any other team I have seen in Buffalo, and they just gave a bad impression. They seem like a bunch of arrogant thugs.

don137
12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Before the game the Chargers players were much more vocal than any other team I have seen in Buffalo, and they just gave a bad impression. They seem like a bunch of arrogant thugs.

Yea, on TV they did a "sounds of the game" right before kickoff of different clips from warm ups. They had showed a clip of one of the Chargers players saying this there house now.

patmoran2006
12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
They're a good team.. of course they're cocky.

Look at the Super Bowl Buffalo teams of the 90's, NOBODY was cockier than them.

don137
12-04-2006, 07:34 AM
They're a good team.. of course they're cocky.

Look at the Super Bowl Buffalo teams of the 90's, NOBODY was cockier than them.
The Cowboys of the 90's were more cockier...

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 07:46 AM
There is one solution to all of this. Field a better team.

Our time is coming. This off-season needs to be a very good one!!!

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 07:52 AM
There is entirely too much cocky in this thread. :snicker:

TigerJ
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Right on, HHurricane

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 09:19 AM
:monkeyp: Rivers, Hockulee, SD Fans

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I hate LT, Gates and Merriman. :up:

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 10:19 AM
the turth hurts eh? buffalo fans

Akhippo
12-04-2006, 11:36 AM
LT is professional. I dont like Rivers though. Merriman the cheater sucks too even though hes good. SD has no reason to be cocky yet. They havent done anything of any real importance.

If we didnt allow that long run to LT we would have won. We gave them that game. That sounds better.

DynaPaul
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I hope he chokes in the playoffs.

Rivers won't have to. Marty Schottenheimer will do all the choking for them like he does every year in the playoffs.

Bulldog
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
the turth hurts eh? buffalo fans

Yeah, the turth really hurts. Another brilliant troll.

RedEyE
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
What he really meant to say was, "If I didn't have trouble hanging onto the football, then we might have had a chance to play keep away."

He's obviously as ignorant and ******ed as the Chargers fan base.

That's alright. While they might make it to the playoffs, they'll find yet another way to throw it all away...again.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 11:47 AM
What he really meant to say was, "If I didn't have trouble hanging onto the football, then we might have had a chance to play keep away."

He's obviously as ignorant and ******ed as the Chargers fan base.

That's alright. While they might make it to the playoffs, they'll find yet another way to throw it all away...again.

Ouch, I'm hurt by that...

Carlton Bailey
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Barry Bonds (Barroid) has never won a championship. Shawne Merriman (Merroid) will never win a championship.

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061204/SPORTS03/612040350/1021

In the Democrat & Chroncle Rivers, the arrogant SOB says "We (the offense) gave them (the defense) two short fields. If we don't, it's probably 24 or 31 to nothing. Our defense, they're a heck of a group."

Sounds right to me...

Turning point After two gift drive starts thanks to a defensive takeaway at the San Diego 19 and a 32-yard punt return by Jim Leonhard to the 13, the Bills offense produced a pair of touchdowns. The defense then followed with a stop at the San Diego 23, and the Bills were set up at their own 34 with a chance to tie or go ahead with momentum clearly on their side. But they went three-and-out, then blew all three of their timeouts in an ill-conceived possession after that, and the Chargers finally put away the game with an 80-yard TD march.

Lost in the shuffle

Buffalo's 21 points were deceiving because the offense was woefully inept for most of the day. It had just four first downs and was shut out in the first half, and two of the touchdown drives were 19 and 13 yards. Prior to the last 62-yard TD drive against a soft San Diego prevent defense, the Bills' longest march of the day was 28 yards, and that was the only possession on which they had at least two first downs.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Merriman isn't the only steriod freak on that team. Don't forget Luis Castillo and Steve Foley, both of whom got caught for steroids in the last couple years.

You shouldn't hold the smack talk against them, it is probably just the 'roids talking.

Historian
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Rivers and Manning can discuss it over a game of Golf, after their teams are eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Then in the clubhouse, they can watch the Bengals and the Patriots show them what playoff football is.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Shawne Merriman is a ****ing *******! He kept taunting the fans and players all game long and doing his lame dance whenever he made a tackle. I was hoping that Willis would have run into him with the stiff arm so the steroid freak could fall on his face.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Rivers is a cocky, arrogant punk. And he knows damn well that if he didn't have LT, he wouldn't be a good QB and his team wouldn't even sniff the ****ing playoffs. :mad:

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Rivers is a cocky, arrogant punk. And he knows damn well that if he didn't have LT, he wouldn't be a good QB and his team wouldn't even sniff the ****ing playoffs. :mad:

Again, this is like saying that Aikman wouldn't be a SB QB without Emmit Smith. Of course Rivers is better with LT, that doesn't mean he isn't playing pro-bowl football right now.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Rivers and Manning can discuss it over a game of Golf, after their teams are eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Then in the clubhouse, they can watch the Bengals and the Patriots show them what playoff football is.

And Losman will be serving them drinks having been there since the end of the regular season for missing the playoffs yet again.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
And Losman will be serving them drinks having been there since the end of the regular season for missing the playoffs yet again.

I can't believe you agreed with the sentiment that Rivers isn't going to be the SB winning QB.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 02:22 PM
I can't believe you agreed with the sentiment that Rivers isn't going to be the SB winning QB.

I'm not ready to appoint us SB champs just yet. It's not like we played an error free game yesterday.

We make those mistakes against a quality team and we lose.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm not ready to appoint us SB champs just yet.

Yeah, but when the playoffs start Marty can get them fired up by showing them his Super Bowl ring...

Oh.

... Nevermind.

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Why do Bills fans talk about Super Bowl like they have something on Marty?

Super Bowl: lost 13 - 30 vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1993.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 17 - 52 vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1992.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 24 - 37 vs. Washington Redskins (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was1991.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 19 - 20 vs. New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg1990.htm)

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Don't be so arrogant and say that you could of beat the Bills 24 or 31-0 if it wasn't for the Chargers mistakes after a game the officials clearly helped the Chargers. I guess he is forgetting the short fields the refs helped them and how it stopped multiple drives of the Bills or put them in bad field position. I hope he chokes in the playoffs.

Translation: "with a btter OL, rb, and D, I had almost the same nos. as JP. If I was the qb of the bills, I'd probably have negative yards. I'd like to thank my teamates for making me look better than I really am".

RBI90
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Super Bowl: lost 13 - 30 vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1993.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 17 - 52 vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal1992.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 24 - 37 vs. Washington Redskins (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was1991.htm)

Super Bowl: lost 19 - 20 vs. New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg1990.htm)

Actually, I think the guy above is a Patriots fan.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Translation: "with a btter OL, rb, and D, I had almost the same nos. as JP. If I was the qb of the bills, I'd probably have negative yards. I'd like to thank my teamates for making me look better than I really am".
:bf1:

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 03:24 PM

like was already said, that was a Pats fan making the statement...but for the record, we went through Marty to win 2 of those 4 AFC titles

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
like was already said, that was a Pats fan making the statement...but for the record, we went through Marty to win 2 of those 4 AFC titles

BURN!!

RBI90
12-04-2006, 03:26 PM

Okay, what did he say that wasn't true? The article also stated:

"Buffalo's 21 points were deceiving because the offense was woefully inept for most of the day. It had just four first downs and was shut out in the first half, and two of the touchdown drives were 19 and 13 yards. Prior to the last 62-yard TD drive against a soft San Diego prevent defense, the Bills' longest march of the day was 28 yards, and that was the only possession on which they had at least two first downs. "

And...

Didn't show up

Bills QB J.P. Losman: Granted, the competition was stiff and the Chargers certainly are an elite team, but it was not a good day for Losman. He had two interceptions and lost a fumble, and the Chargers dropped three interceptions. Once again, the line graph on his progress took a dip.

No where is the officiating mentioned.

BoltfanBo
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Shawne Merriman is a ****ing *******! He kept taunting the fans and players all game long and doing his lame dance whenever he made a tackle. I was hoping that Willis would have run into him with the stiff arm so the steroid freak could fall on his face.

You wanted Willis to actuallly do something that requires effort. LOL

Also I'm pretty sure a stiff arm from a RB isn't going to stop Merriman when two 300lb linemen can't.

don137
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Okay, what did he say that wasn't true? The article also stated:

"Buffalo's 21 points were deceiving because the offense was woefully inept for most of the day. It had just four first downs and was shut out in the first half, and two of the touchdown drives were 19 and 13 yards. Prior to the last 62-yard TD drive against a soft San Diego prevent defense, the Bills' longest march of the day was 28 yards, and that was the only possession on which they had at least two first downs. "

And...

Didn't show up

Bills QB J.P. Losman: Granted, the competition was stiff and the Chargers certainly are an elite team, but it was not a good day for Losman. He had two interceptions and lost a fumble, and the Chargers dropped three interceptions. Once again, the line graph on his progress took a dip.

No where is the officiating mentioned.

This is showing zero respect to a team that almost beat them and if the officials didn't play such a big factor anything could of happen. I think it is a totally classless statement made by an arrogant SOB. Both sides make mistakes in a game and to say such a comment shows a lack of class. Any team could say such an idiotic statement every week because 95% of games come down to a handful of plays. The Bills could say the exact same thing. To not give credit to how another team that almost beat you shows a persons true colors.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Actually, I think the guy above is a Patriots fan.

I am.

I don't have to tell you guys about Marty, though. You know all about him from the playoff game against the Jets in 2004. When he sat on the ball in the second half, playing for a FG in OT only to see Keading miss the kick and eventually losing the game.

It was the 8th time in his career Marty was one-and-done in the playoffs.

BoltfanBo
12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I am.

I don't have to tell you guys about Marty, though. You know all about him from the playoff game against the Jets in 2004. When he sat on the ball in the second half, playing for a FG in OT only to see Keading miss the kick and eventually losing the game.

Last year Bill Cower heard all the same things. Billl is basicallly a cast off from Marty. A conservitive coach.
Bill got his SB. It will be seen if Marty tightens up or not . If he does. He's gone. AJ won't stand for that.
I don't think he's going to. He's got too many offensive weapons now to go into ultra conservative mode. Rivers has Marty confidence/

I do think it's funny how all the post are "Well you guys will be out in the playoffs " instead of focusing on your own teams failures. That's seems child like.

Honestly what team in the AFC playoff race is head and shoulders better that the Bolts. NONE! What team scares my the most. NE just because they know how to win. Chargers are learning that. I think this is their year.

Hey I just notice I have negative ranking.... I feel like Skoob

don137
12-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Last year Bill Cower heard all the same things. Billl is basicallly a cast off from Marty. A conservitive coach.
Bill got his SB. It will be seen if Marty tightens up or not . If he does. He's gone. AJ won't stand for that.
I don't think he's going to. He's got too many offensive weapons now to go into ultra conservative mode. Rivers has Marty confidence/

I do think it's funny how all the post are "Well you guys will be out in the playoffs " instead of focusing on your own teams failures. That's seems child like.

Honestly what team in the AFC playoff race is head and shoulders better that the Bolts. NONE! What team scares my the most. NE just because they know how to win. Chargers are learning that. I think this is their year.

Hey I just notice I have negative ranking.... I feel like Skoob

Never say this is your year...The bigger they are the harder they fall. The Sabres have the best team in the NHL but I realize anything can happen you need to be level headed or else you are setting yourself up for a bigtime let down. Football is one and done. One bad throw, one bad coverage, one bad call could be the difference. The AFC will win the Super Bowl. There are way too many teams that are too good in the AFC. The best team in the NFC had a QB with a 1 QB rating yesterday.

dplus47
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM

what struck me about yesterday's game was that (IMO) the margin of victory would have been greater if marty had done the marty-ball thing in the 2nd half. the bills got 14 points off of short fields due to the chargers' attempts to pass. granted, the bills' d-line made some good plays, but the old marty wouldn't have let them be in that position. he would have forced the bills to stop the run and then make a few first downs.

BoltfanBo
12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Never say this is your year...The bigger they are the harder they fall. The Sabres have the best team in the NHL but I realize anything can happen you need to be level headed or else you are setting yourself up for a bigtime let down. Football is one and done. One bad throw, one bad coverage, one bad call could be the difference. The AFC will win the Super Bowl. There are way too many teams that are too good in the AFC. The best team in the NFC had a QB with a 1 QB rating yesterday.

True, watch out though, your making a case that it might not all be Marty's fault.
I do think we have the best talent though and we're winning games this year that we use to lose in the past...
Lucky for the Sabers it's 7 games.

BoltfanBo
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
what struck me about yesterday's game was that (IMO) the margin of victory would have been greater if marty had done the marty-ball thing in the 2nd half. the bills got 14 points off of short fields due to the chargers' attempts to pass. granted, the bills' d-line made some good plays, but the old marty wouldn't have let them be in that position. he would have forced the bills to stop the run and then make a few first downs.

Exactly but that shows Marty now has faith in this offense and the whole team that if they do happen to have a miscue they can rebound from that. Just kike the long 8 minute scoring drive. When you open it up you can finish teams off but TO sometime happen then you need to do what it take to win a close one....

Historian
12-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Rivers is a cocky, arrogant punk.

Ironic...considering he was their second choice, lol.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 05:57 PM
There are no dominant teams in the NFL anymore, which is proven every week. Certainly the Chargers don't qualify. Think about it, they are giving up almost 20 points per game. Great teams don't do that.

Winning regular season games is all well and good, but the playoffs are a completely different animal. Just ask the Colts. Bottom line is the Chargers are as big a question mark as anyone else. They will go into the playoffs with very little experience in big games, you don't see that as a factor? How about injuries? The NFL season is a war of attrition, and the trophy isn't due until the end.

For you to be talking crap is laughable. This isn't 1976, and the Chargers aren't the Steelers.

dplus47
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Exactly but that shows Marty now has faith in this offense and the whole team that if they do happen to have a miscue they can rebound from that. Just kike the long 8 minute scoring drive. When you open it up you can finish teams off but TO sometime happen then you need to do what it take to win a close one....

yeah, i think it's best to open it up; it will only serve to help them later on. you can't go all conservative in the playoffs, that's for sure. i just found it somewhat odd that yesterday's game played out the way it did.

Ickybaluky
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM

Make that 9.

These guys never come back, but in hindsight this thread was prophetic.

Historian
01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Make that 9.

These guys never come back, but in hindsight this thread was prophetic.

There's nothing prophetic about it.

Schottzy is this era's Chuck Knox.

Win a lot of regular season games with a good ground game and a solid defense.

Then, when you reach the playoffs and need to step it up a notch, get all conservative instead, and lose in the first round.

He's probably going to get fired for this.

Oaklandraider
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I could not have been happier to have the arrogant chargers knocked out of the playoffs.