PDA

View Full Version : How to make the playoffs.

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks but it’s not happening.

What are you smoking.

Give it up.

Are you insane, we’re not good enough.

We’d get killed, what’s the point.

If we lose out, we’ll get a better pick.

There I think I saved you guys some time for your responses. So here goes, this is how we sneak in thru the back door.

We win out! Wins over the Jets, Fins, Titans and Ravens.

Jets, Lose to us and in Miami

Jax, Lose to Indy and New England

KC, Lose to Bal at SD and Jax.

Denver, lose to SD

Cin, lose in Indy, Denver and to Pitts.

Finish
Denver 10-6 get first Wild Card

Cincy and KC both finish 8-8 and miss.

Jets, Buff and Jax finish 9-7. Tie Breakers are broken within the division first. Buffalo and the Jets will both be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 vs. common opponents. Buffalo will be 7-5 in the AFC, the Jets 6-6. Jets eliminated.

Buffalo beat Jacksonville and would get the 6th spot.

This week we would need:
To Beat the Jets
SD over Denver
Baltimore over KC
Indy over Jax.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 08:43 AM
You're insane.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 08:47 AM
SHUT UP!!!

scott51
12-04-2006, 08:47 AM

What are you smoking.

Give it up.

There I think I saved you guys some time for your responses. So here goes, this is how we sneak in thru the back door.

Denver, lose to SD

Finish

Jets, Buff and Jax finish 9-7. Tie Breakers are broken within the division first. Buffalo and the Jets will both be 3-3 in the division and 7-5 vs. common opponents. Buffalo will be 7-5 in the AFC, the Jets 6-6. Jets eliminated.

This week we would need:
To Beat the Jets
SD over Denver
Baltimore over KC
Indy over Jax.
:smoke:
YES! Thats it, I knew we weren't out of it! Look out NFL, I can see it now, the Bills sneak into the playoffs and make an amazing tear as JP Losman becomes the Superbowl MVP!!!!

Not likely, but could happen...

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I forgot my disclaimer.

I don’t believe this will happen, I only enjoy figuring this stuff out. Until we are officially eliminated, I like to figure out how it’s possible. Not because I think we’re good enough. Not because I think we can win the whole thing. Only because I like to know the story and I figure I’d share it all with you guys.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
how to make the playoffs....Get a real OL, a much better OL coach and some 325lb+ Dt's that can stop the run.

Thats how Buffalo makes the playoffs.

Earthquake Enyart
12-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Well, all the teams that are ahead of us play each other.

It's a lot more doable than I thought it would be. :eek:

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Well, all the teams that are ahead of us play each other.

It's a lot more doable than I thought it would be. :eek:

I'm not sold on our chances, but if you think about it, 4 games is a quarter of the season. That's a ton of time. Also seeing as how we're 3-2 over our last 5 with the 2 losses by a total of 4 points to the 2 best teams in the whole league. Maybe we can run off 4 wins and get some luck.

imbondz
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Patrick,

Is there anyway we could get in at 8-8?

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Patrick,

Is there anyway we could get in at 8-8?

I think so, but it would involve the teams ahead of us losing games they'd be favored it. Maybe the Jets at Minny, Jags at Ten, KC at Oakland and Cincy against Oak.

It would be almost impossible.

lordofgun
12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Pat,

Thanks but it’s not happening. What are you smoking. Give it up. Are you insane, we’re not good enough. We’d get killed, what’s the point. If we lose out, we’ll get a better pick.

Sincerely,
LOG

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
:up: at least we have something to cheer/hope for still this year. One game at a time!

BAM
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Pat,

Thanks but it’s not happening. What are you smoking. Give it up. Are you insane, we’re not good enough. We’d get killed, what’s the point. If we lose out, we’ll get a better pick.

Sincerely,
LOG

You got your Jets flag out for this weekend, LOG?

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
And today the part of Skooby will be played by Patrick76777.

Well not really. Skooby would just say we'll make the playoffs because we're playing better than the other teams playing for the Wild Card. Pat at least bothered to figure out what would have to happen.

But, this thread is definitely the Skooby mentality with at least some semblance of a thought process added in.

Carlton Bailey
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Unbelievable. There's still hope. Thanks, Patrick, for brightening my Monday a little bit. Let's just hope the team takes care of business and the rest can somehow fall into place.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM

Well not really. Skooby would just say we'll make the playoffs because we're playing better than the other teams playing for the Wild Card. Pat at least bothered to figure out what would have to happen.

But, this thread is definitely the Skooby mentality with at least some semblance of a thought process added in.

If there is a will there is a way but we need so much help for it to happen. I don't even know if Indy can hold up it's end of the deal to win against Jax, Indy lost to tennessee.

I will keep my fingers crossed but I would like to see the Bills win a few more games before getting my hopes crushed.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I will say this.

**** draft picks. I'd rather see this team learn how to win and put several consecutive good games together then be 10 spots higher in the draft. If someone's there that we really need, I'm sure we can work out a trade or something (McGahee, franchise Fletch if we're not gonna re-sign him, etc).

Earthquake Enyart
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
The good thing about the Colts losing is that no one is running away with home field in the AFC. All the games will mean something, so the Colts, Chargers et al won't be "resting" players, at least for now.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
The good thing about the Colts losing is that no one is running away with home field in the AFC. All the games will mean something, so the Colts, Chargers et al won't be "resting" players, at least for now.

that could hurt us at the end though- we don't want Baltimore to be in the hunt for home field in Week 17,

rockforlight
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
denver isn't going 10-6, or making the playoffs. with how they're playing, they'll be lucky to beat arizona or sf. they'll lose to sd and cincy. out.

jacksonville will lose to ne, indy and since they are horrible on the road, most likely at kc too. especially if kc still is playing for an outside shot. out.

kc will lose to balt and sd. since kc has the worst conference record of all the teams, out.

cincy will probably lose to indy, but as shown by the titans game, the colts aren't invincible anymore, so who knows. they'll win vs a pathetic oakland team, a falling denver, and i think they'll take pittburgh. at worst 9-7, probably 10-6, outside chance they winout. more than likely making the playoffs.

we need to win out, and hope the jets lose imo.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
that could hurt us at the end though- we don't want Baltimore to be in the hunt for home field in Week 17,

Baltimore might get locked in there spot as well. As long as the game doesn't matter to them and they play 2nd / 3rd stringers, then our odds increase of winning the game (even though nothing is assured, IE: Pittsburgh a few years ago).

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM

I've done this at this place for 5 years.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I've done this at this place for 5 years.

yeah, I didn't see your disclaimer.

Did you do it last year? Seems like after the first week in November it was pretty pointless.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
the only way BAL will be in the hunt for HFA is if they win next week and SD loses. I'm expecting SD to win out the season.

JoeMama
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM

What are you smoking.

Give it up.

Denver, lose to SD

Finish

This week we would need:
To Beat the Jets
SD over Denver
Baltimore over KC
Indy over Jax.

Appreciate the break-down.

I know the actual chances are morbidly bleak, but I'm one of the guys that drank the Kool-Aid a long time ago when it comes to the Bills. So I'm in till the bitter end.

As long as it's mathematically possible, I'll be paying attention to the playoff hypotheticals.

No matter how far-fetched.

jamze132
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Well I was hoping for homefield advantage this year but I will take 8-8.

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
yeah, I didn't see your disclaimer.

Did you do it last year? Seems like after the first week in November it was pretty pointless.

If you do it too soon, the possibilities are endless. It would truly be pointless to do it before November 1.

"Yeah we're 3-4. If we go 7-2 we're in"

But in crunch time when you can do actual scenarios, it makes sense

Patrick76777
12-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Appreciate the break-down.

I know the actual chances are morbidly bleak, but I'm one of the guys that drank the Kool-Aid a long time ago when it comes to the Bills. So I'm in till the bitter end.

As long as it's mathematically possible, I'll be paying attention to the playoff hypotheticals.

No matter how far-fetched.

Yo, that's how I treat it.

Some think that if you do this, it means you think it can happen. But that's not the case.

I've been watching football too long. I've seen teams get hot late and sneak in. I'm just showing how it can happen.

Earthquake Enyart
12-05-2006, 06:49 AM
It's a darn shame we blew that first Jet game and the Lion game or we'd be in the drivers seat. :mad:

CuseJetsFan83
12-05-2006, 07:00 AM
the NFL should install the AHL rule.... where if team from column a is better than column b........ then column a team takes that teams place....... with that being said..... the bills would most likely be 6-5 if not better in most nfc divisions....... considering 8-8 may be the 5 seed :-\

oak tree 12
12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
how to make the playoffs....Get a real OL, a much better OL coach and some 325lb+ Dt's that can stop the run.

Thats how Buffalo makes the playoffs.

its not mcnally,what,after 30 years he cant coach anymore,its one thing,TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i agree w/your other 2 points.