PDA

View Full Version : McGahee needs to be traded!!

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I have seen enough. I'm tired of him dancing around to make a highlight film instead of putting his head down and getting poistive yards.

I know Rosenhaus's strategy is for his clients to make as much money as possible even at the expense of their respective team or teammates. Willis churning out yards doesn't look as good as him breaking one for 50 yards. This attitude is prevalent with every Drew client.

Trade Willis now. He's worth a 3rd to 4th round draft pick or maybe we can trade him straight up.

We can get just about anybody to put up Willis's numbers. If we want to go to the playoffs beating teams like the Chargers are going to have to happen eventually. We can't have a RB producing 26 yards on the ground when the competition is getting 177 yards.

gr8slayer
12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Im willing to just cut McGahee, dont even trade him just cut his ass. He is by far our most overrated player and our least productive.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Im willing to just cut McGahee, dont even trade him just cut his ass. He is by far our most overrated player and our least productive.

Agreed.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Just keep him and don't resign him. Why give him away for nothing? We know that he can be a very solid back, maybe not elite like he wants you to believe. Sandiego has a great run defense not may Rbs get yardage on them.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
What happened to the Willis from last week? I don't want to hear that he went up against a good run defense. That's true, but the jaguars are also a good run defense and he was able to make plays against them when the opportunity was there. Yesterday he had opportunities to make some positive plays, but he had the urge to dance instead. There was one play where he could have broke it all the way for a TD. All he had to do was glance to his left, but instead he ran where there was crowed.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 09:13 AM
What happened to the Willis from last week? I don't want to hear that he went up against a good run defense. That's true, but the jaguars are also a good run defense and he was able to make plays against them when the opportunity was there. Yesterday he had opportunities to make some positive plays, but he had the urge to dance instead. There was one play where he could have broke it all the way for a TD. All he had to do was glance to his left, but instead he ran where there was crowed.

that's ALWAYS been the problem with Willis. Some weeks he shows up and plays hard, some weeks he dances. Last week I was saying we should try to lock him up with some of the excess cap space, now I'm not so sure.

I think Jauron needs to start giving A-Train more carries to get the running game going and light a fire under Willis' ass.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Just keep him and don't resign him. Why give him away for nothing? We know that he can be a very solid back, maybe not elite like he wants you to believe. Sandiego has a great run defense not may Rbs get yardage on them.

The reason being is this, A train flat out performs him. Wills didn't do anything on the first TD ATrain couldn't and Train MIGHT have scored on the long one.

What pisses me off is the fact Willis was given special treatment. He was GIVEN his job back. A train flat out performed willis when Will was hurt but when he was ready DJ GAVE him his job back. You NEVER pull the hot player, and thats what DJ did.

A train in my opinion EARNED the right to stay the starter

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Against the Jags, McGahee had one good run but only had about 60yds. He is very much only a legend in his own mind. However he does appear clear of his injury and it is quite possible a team would go as high as a R2 for him. Outside of Peterson and Lynch, the RBs this year are not terribly exciting. I would be happy to do the following deal - the Jaguars only have Maurice Drew and for me he's not an RB who could carry the load. They also have a large WR in Ernest Wilford who could easily fill our need for a big No2 standing at 6ft4 and 223lbs. Let us trade McGahee back to Florida for Wilford and their No2/08 if they agree. The RB class of 2008 is looking much deeper. A-Train can carry the load for 2007.

Kerr
12-04-2006, 11:13 AM
If Willis is dealt, I would love to see us grab Micheal Bush in the draft. Sure he broke his leg, but he should recover.

DynaPaul
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM
The guy only plays when he wants to play and I'm really tired of it. He really pissed me off on a 2nd down where all he had to do was lunge ahead for the first but instead danced around and put us in a 3rd and one. (Come on bro, no one's getting faked out by your moves in the pro.) The guy has all the talent in the world and zero heart. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. I say keep him for the remainder of his contract unless someone is really wanting to pony up a serious draft for him. Put him on the bench and let A-Train play it out. Of course McGahee will want to play again and look great on spot duty but don't be fooled. I know Marv has to see what we're all seeing, this guy is not a franchise back and that's not exceptable for a team like BUffalo that needs a strong running game. It's not all the o-line either, there were holes and A-Train hit them on spot duty. McGahee doesn't want to make a big lunge unless there's a truck sized hole and even then he goes down on first contact.

Unbelievable. One of the announcer's yesterday said there were times this year where he was the only good player on offense. What was he smoking?

Put the A-Train in. This guy has shown nothing in the past 2 years that an average back couldn't have gotten.

mchurchfie
12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
At 220 lbs his ass needs to hit the hole more often and hit it quick and hard.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
My post says McGahee needs to be traded not "A-train is better" A-train is an excellent backup but not a playoff team RB. We are going to need something better!!