PDA

View Full Version : Question for the "Real Fans"

Typ0
12-04-2006, 10:43 AM
How does it feel to spend your hard earned money to go out there and root for the team only to have the refs decide the outcome of the game? The NFL is a pathetic joke and doesn't deserve the many revenues they are getting for a product that is rigged. There was absolutely no chance the Bills were going to win that game yesterday it was decided before kickoff at the league office and sent through the red phone to the officiating staff.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I hate to say it, but it's hard not to agree with you on that

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
How does it feel to spend your hard earned money to go out there and root for the team only to have the refs decide the outcome of the game? The NFL is a pathetic joke and doesn't deserve the many revenues they are getting for a product that is rigged. There was absolutely no chance the Bills were going to win that game yesterday it was decided before kickoff at the league office and sent through the red phone to the officiating staff.

I agree. Like I said in another thread: We had two opponents yesterday. The Chargers, and the Refs. Those are impossible odds to overcome. Worst called game of all time.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 10:47 AM
You lot even get video replay and evidence. My soccer side got beaten 3-0 at the weekend and every goal scored was seriously dodgy. When there is a chance to quickly review plays it should be done. I am not sure if this happens but there should be two guys in the video booth at all times looking at the offence and defence and if they spot something the zebras have missed they should be allowed to intervene and volunteer information to the zebras not wait to be asked.

Typ0
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
You lot even get video replay and evidence. My soccer side got beaten 3-0 at the weekend and every goal scored was seriously dodgy. When there is a chance to quickly review plays it should be done. I am not sure if this happens but there should be two guys in the video booth at all times looking at the offence and defence and if they spot something the zebras have missed they should be allowed to intervene and volunteer information to the zebras not wait to be asked.

0h no...in the NFL they take 15 minutes to review plays and then still get them wrong.

Romes
12-04-2006, 10:57 AM
I think the whole conclusive evidence is BS. Why can't they just call it like it looks?

Granted if the replay doesn't show anything because there aren't any good video angles then the call on the field should stand.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree. Like I said in another thread: We had two opponents yesterday. The Chargers, and the Refs. Those are impossible odds to overcome. Worst called game of all time.

I think the Patriot-Bills "just give it to them" game goes down as the worst refereed game of all time.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
0h no...in the NFL they take 15 minutes to review plays and then still get them wrong.

Shocking ... in Rugby Union (the grandfather of American Football) nobody knows whats really going on including the players and refs .. I sometimes wonder if thats the point but it never takes 15 minutes

In both cricket and in Rugby Union, you basically get two or three angles and if there is no conclusive evidence the decision goes to either the defending team or in cricket you are ruled not out - the batsman is given the benefit of the doubt

In football (soccer) there is no video replay but to encourage attacking play the benefit of any split second decision should go to the attacking side. While there are often marginal calls, by and large this is accepted by players, coaches and fans unless there is a huge mistake.

The NFL have decide - benefit of the doubt to the offence or defence and then make sure everyone is aware of this. Then in video replay, it won't take long as the decision will be made on the balance of probabilites.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't believe the game is rigged. I do believe the refs blow. And that bad calls can go either way.

Romes
12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't think its rigged, either. But it happened in Italian Seria A last year. If it happened there it could happen in the NFL.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Blaimng the refs for the loss yesterday is foolish. THe team needs to go out and win the damn game.

BAM
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Blaimng the refs for the loss yesterday is foolish. THe team needs to go out and win the damn game.

I totally agree. We could have done tons of things differently to win that game. Blaming the refs is stupid. And makes you look like a baby.

Typ0
12-04-2006, 11:26 AM

yeah the team needs to play with the attitude they need three extra TDs a week to overcome the lousy officiating.

I don't blame the officiating for the loss anyway we didn't play that well...but anyone that denies the officials levied some force on the outcome of that game is blind and officials should NOT be levying those forces.

BAM
12-04-2006, 11:32 AM
They definitely made some bad calls IMO. Good teams would overcome them though. We're not good. :(

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I believe that it is possible that the blown calls could have lost us the game. If you don't see that as a possibility, than you really can't see the game in a logical way.

Yes, we made a lot of mistakes.

Yes, we made some bad decisions.

and Yes, we could have played better.

All things said could have resulted in a victory, but we simply don't know what the outcome would have been, so seeing the horrid offiating performance as a possible death blow for our shot at winning, isn't being a baby, or whining and crying. It is being logical and objective. I saw the game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. You guys saw the same game right?

DynaPaul
12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I believed that officiating is rigged but not unbeatable. If one team is totally dominating another it's hard for the refs to bring the losing team back into it though they try. More often than not rigged officiating keeps the game close enough for the favored team to squeek one out though.

The NFL is seriously pissing off a lot of fans with this biased officiating. I'm actually not purchasing the NFL Ticket next year partly because of that and the price just keeps going up on DirecTV.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't think its rigged, either. But it happened in Italian Seria A last year. If it happened there it could happen in the NFL.

Not strictly correct I understand. There was an attempt to influence games but no evidence that it was successful. However a number of teams were punished for attempting to influence games ......... and quite rightly so!

Romes
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Not strictly correct I understand. There was an attempt to influence games but no evidence that it was successful. However a number of teams were punished for attempting to influence games ......... and quite rightly so!

Well, the team that had the most evidence against it also won the championship...

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Blown calls and missed penalties have been there since the game started. You just have to make more plays to win that are unchangeable or so obvious that not even a ref whistle that makes it an unchallengeable play comes into play. The NFL means never forget losing because you'll ending up being on the wrong side of a crossed ref in some game.

BAM
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I believe that it is possible that the blown calls could have lost us the game. If you don't see that as a possibility, than you really can't see the game in a logical way.

Yes, we made a lot of mistakes.

Yes, we made some bad decisions.

and Yes, we could have played better.

All things said could have resulted in a victory, but we simply don't know what the outcome would have been, so seeing the horrid offiating performance as a possible death blow for our shot at winning, isn't being a baby, or whining and crying. It is being logical and objective. I saw the game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. You guys saw the same game right?

Yup. Saw the entire game. The bad coaching decisions. The horrible running game we displayed. The bad decisions by Losman early on. The way we couldn't stop LT or Gates to save our life. Saw all of it.

Too many negatives for us to overcome. We didn't deserve that game.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:10 PM

that's pretty much the way it works in college football- each coach gets one challenge, and there are replay officials reviewing every play. If something looks borderline to the replay officials, they signal to the refs on the field and they stop play for a video review.

It's a much better system, IMO.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
This wasn't the worst game of officiating of all time, last years superbowl was. With all that said, the referees did a horrible job calling the game.

BAM
12-04-2006, 02:30 PM
This wasn't the worst game of officiating of all time, last years superbowl was. With all that said, the referees did a horrible job calling the game.

I agree with this too. That game was horrible to watch!