PDA

View Full Version : How many bad calls were there?

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I think the refs really missed one big time call. The PI. The others were usual ify non-calls or rules that went against us (like the Peerless heel job). The plays that were reviewed were correct. A lot went against us, but only one blown call, IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
agreed. I wouldn't have cared but it was just such a bad missed call I was enraged!

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
agreed. I wouldn't have cared but it was just such a bad missed call I was enraged!
I hate the whole conspiracy thing, so I have to point that out. The call was blown and changed the game, but there was only one blown call.

Night Train
12-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Evans got hit early on another.

A lot of non calls involving Charger LB's and DB's grabbing jerseys. I also saw some blatant holds by the Charger OL. I remember one short run up the middle where one of our DL was tackled from behind around the waist. It couldn't have been more obvious.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Evans got hit early on another.

A lot of non calls involving Charger LB's and DB's grabbing jerseys. I also saw some blatant holds by the Charger OL. I remember one short run up the middle where one of our DL was tackled from behind around the waist. It couldn't have been more obvious.

Were there any non-calls on the Bills? Or was it only the Chargers?

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 11:31 AM
You can see missed holding calls on every single NFL play.

don137
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
-the thing about Price heel bad call was he was two yards in bounds when he caught it. Since a force out is not challengable and only if the feet were in there was nothing Buffalo could do.
As far as bad call the obvious ones was that one on Price, the very next play when Reed was hit before the phantom tipped ball (2 bad calls on the same play), the fumble before half by Rivers which Hargrove had the ball in his grasp for many seconds but the referees never signaled Buffalo ball. Instead there was a pile on in which San Diego receovered forcing a punt that was downed at the two which led to a three and out and Sand Diego getting awesome field position and scoring before half, there was the in the grasp rule on JP that negated a first down, Reed was hit while the ball was in the air but the ref riled no interference because it was not catchable but they could of called a flag for illegal contact. Moorman was out of bounds by at least one yard and the Charger player cam over and drilled him. That doesn't even count the holds which can be ticky tack so I left them out. By that account your up to 5-6 really bad obvious calls.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry you look silly blaming the refs when:

- The other team rushes for almost 200 yards against you

- You lose the time of possession battle by 10 minutes

- Get outgained by 100 yards,

- Lose the turnover battle 4-2

I would think all those were bigger factors in the result of the game than anything the referees did.

One has to wonder why San Diego didn't run it more, but I guess it might have been to Turner missing the game.

jamze132
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry you look silly blaming the refs when:

- The other team rushes for almost 200 yards against you

- You lose the time of possession battle by 10 minutes

- Get outgained by 100 yards,

- Lose the turnover battle 4-2

I would think all those were bigger factors in the result of the game than anything the referees did.

One has to wonder why San Diego didn't run it more, but I guess it might have been to Turner missing the game.
And each example you just gave could be argued that the calls hurt the Bills:

I can't take anything away from them rushing for 200 yds. We can't stop the run but if you watch the game objectively, you will see a lot of holding calls that are rarely called, especially on big plays.

We lost the possession battle because are offense couldn't sustain drives since hardly any calls went our way. Pass interference comes to mind. But again, they do have a very good defense.

Everyone outgains us. but again, if we were able to sustain drives, that wouldn;t be the case. Refer to previous statement.

As far as the turnovers go, I am going to have to really reach to argue these except for Haggan did have that ball before Hockule came in and declared Charger's ball without seeing who had the ball.

I can't take anything away from San Diego. They came into a hostile environment and got the job done and in no way am I saying that the refs were the reason we lost. we made way too many mistakes and not enough plays. But it is hard to beat the opposing team and the refs. You being a Pat's fan should know the benefit of being the NFL's "golden team". Kind of convenient that the "Patriots" became the next greatest thing after 9/11. (the last sentence was more of a joke, but it could hold water, eh?)