PDA

View Full Version : DT help but where?

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I think its quite clear that the need for help in this draft has shifted from the OL to the DL particularly the interior.

JP has improved to the point where I don't think we'll go high here.
Reed has done well but there is still a need for a big No2 WR
A receiving TE to replace Everett is a must.
Shelton maybe gone but we'll use a OFA, or a FA here.
The OL may get some help but its no longer crucial.
McGahee continues to disappoint but I see us drafting his replacement in 08

On the defensive side, if we resign Clements then the DBs are set.
I am still concerned about the LBs as Fletcher may not say and TKO may never be the same. We'll go high here.
I think we'll stick with the ends but Anderson needs to be gone.

If we are to get a new DT especially one to play the nose where will they come from. Our NTs are currently 304lbs and 299lbs respecitvely and whilst I don't see a monster of the Washington/Adams/Williams size I do think someone around the 315-320lbs range would help.

Looking at the top DTs only the juniors come in here. Okoye might as well but do Branch, Okam or Bryant fit the Tampa2. If not where do we look?

I have looked at a number of draft boards and there is a name at the bottom which is interesting. We may have already scouted him as he is from Saginaw Valley St so would have been noticed when we scouted John DiGiorgio. Currently playing in a 3-4 he's 6ft5 and 320lbs called Damion DeRosia. Does anyone know anymore as he is at the top of the small school prospects list?