PDA

View Full Version : Crowell out for the year

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
According to Buffalobills.com. He has a fracture in his lower leg.

Devin
12-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Figures.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
well that sucks. Ellison looked OK filling in for Spikes early this year, but he was out of position several times yesterday (including LT's big TD run).

And if we get one more injury, that means Jon DiGiorgio could be a starting LB. Damn.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I think Wire will be starting at LB.

Devin
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
:ill:

Meathead
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
yep

and so what. crowell will be back next year and now we get some extended reps for the backups. that will make the team stronger overall for next year

sure i will want them to win games but frankly i dont care much if they dont. record is meaningless when you dont make the playoffs so better draft positions isnt all bad

theres absolutely enough talent here that their net adds in personnel could build a team with realistic playoff chances next season. thats true of most teams in the nfl but the bills are farther along that path now than they were going in to the season thats for sure

they need to focus on continuing to mature within the system and have their key young players be ready for larger roles and more winning plays

this is about what i expected out of the team so its disappointing we didnt get lucky but there should be plenty of promise heading into the offseason. im sure marv will pull a couple more rabbits out of the hat and move the team forward

jamze132
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Sucks for Crowell. The guy was buiding some nice stats over the past two years.

Uncle Jesse
12-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Yup. ****ty.

Heres the link.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4458

M
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
I think Wire will be starting at LB.

:rofl: And I will cut off my left arm!

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
He replaced Crowell yesterday for much of the game and has been practicing excusively at LB the last few weeks. .

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Buffalo does have options to fill the void. The past three weeks Coy Wire has been practicing at the open side position when Keith Ellison was nursing a painful bone bruise on his knee. Last Sunday Wire replaced Crowell in the lineup and performed admirably according to Jauron.

"Moving him back to linebacker when Keith was out proves to benefit us in the long term," said Jauron. "He's taken to it right away. It was a position he played in college. He's a very bright and disciplined guy. He played pretty well yesterday. He played a good game."

Jauron would not go so far to say that Wire will be the full time replacement for Crowell.

"We'll look at it as the week goes on," he said. "We really like what Keith (Ellison) has done, and we'll just work them both and see what happens."

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
:rofl: And I will cut off my left arm!

What's so funny? Wire was the one filling in yesterday most of the time. I think Lecter is right, and I think Wire has the tackling skills and nose for the ball to be an effective OLB. I bet Spikes moves back to Weak side and Wire is strong side.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I've always wondered why Wire wasn't used at LB instead of SS. He's horrible in pass coverage, but is fast enough, strong enough and tackles well enough to be a LB. Another good move by Fewell and Jauron, IMO.

M
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I was wondering what Wire was doing in there for most of the game. I didn't realize he was playing LB. I only saw him make one tackle. The rest of the time, it just looked like he was just jumping on the pile.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Wire had 5 tackles, btw.

BillsOwnAll
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/9848942

thats a shame

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 02:52 PM
What could have been.