PDA

View Full Version : Did Haggan purposely try to hurt Hart?

RBI90
12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Thoughts?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061204-9999-1s4chnotes.html

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Hart's a pussy.

Devin
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
:rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 12:36 PM
At least isn't a steroid Cheater like Merrimen...

It was hilarious when he came through the tunnell everyone was chanting steroids super loud and we was so pissed!

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
When Merriman cheated and used an advantage to look better than he naturally was, did that hurt the opponents he played?

don137
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I am not saying Hart derserved to get hurt but he was a compltely idiot that he would of never been hurt if he went down when he intercepted the ball the Chargers could of run out the clock but instead this dipstick tried to run with the ball up by 10 points with 2 minutes to play.

Secondly, what a bunch hypocrites calling themselves professionals when they hit the punter when he's out of bounds. .Yea ok...

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
The Chargers players are :coocoo:

jamze132
12-04-2006, 12:45 PM
If Haggan did try to hurt someone intentionaly, he should be punished. There really isn't any excuse for trying to hurt another player. If there is video, I would like to see it though.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
First of all, it was a pile on a loose ball. I don't know how the players or anyone knew who was grabbing what or what was intentional in the middle of all that mess. A lot of things happen in those piles- some intentional, some unintentional.

Second, if the Bills are gonna take cheap shots, wouldn't it make more sense to do it on LT or Gates in the first quarter instead of on Hart with 30 seconds left?

If Haggan did it, I hope he gets punished for it because it's a dirtbag thing to do. But I'd need to see evidence- it's all just conjecture at this point.

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Players say Bills injured Hart with dirty play

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITERDecember 4, 2006
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – Linebacker Shaun Phillips had to be restrained, and head coach Marty Schottenheimer called a timeout at game's end for the sole purpose of allaying tensions.The Chargers left the field thrilled with the 24-21 victory but upset by their belief the Bills' Mario Haggan intentionally yanked on Clinton Hart's ankle during an onside kick.
“The guy twisted Clinton Hart's ankle,” Phillips said. “We don't play like that. We're professionals here. To try to break somebody's ankle is a problem. If you want to give somebody a rib shot or pinch him, it's OK; it's part of the game. A little bit of cheap shots is going to take place. But you cannot, not under any circumstances, try to maliciously hurt anybody. You just don't do that. You're messing with a person's livelihood; he has a family. You don't do that to people.”
Hart was carted off the field and was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
“Someone was up under me, pulling my ankle,” Hart said. “I had to decide, 'Do I hold onto the ball and let them pull my ankle until it breaks?' It scared me. I couldn't hold on.”
When Hart did eventually let go of the ball, it was recovered by the Bills. But that didn't matter since the Bills' Sam Aiken had touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards.
The Chargers were still steaming when they lined up to kneel down for the final play with 29 seconds remaining.
“I had some concern about the state of mind of some of the players in the huddle,” the coach said. “There was some anger. I didn't want to let anything happen there. I took a timeout we so we could collect ourselves.”

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
you're calling the whole team dirty and classless because of what one guy on your team said about ONE guy on our team, without any proof?

And speaking of classless, which team just had it's star linebacker suspended for steroids? Right, that's what I thought.

Grow up.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Just remember, this is from a SD viewpoint. I'd like to see some video before passing judgement.

The King
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
you're calling the whole team dirty and classless because of what one guy on your team said about ONE guy on our team, without any proof?

And speaking of classless, which team just had it's star linebacker suspended for steroids? Right, that's what I thought.

Grow up.

OWN3D

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=114891

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM

Grow up.

Why would Schottenheimer take a TO in that situation if its not true?

Merriman doesnt need to try to break someones ankle in a pile in order to say LIGHTS OUT to your playoff hopes. LOL!

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 02:57 PM

Merriman doesnt need to try to break someones ankle in a pile in order to say LIGHTS OUT to your playoff hopes. LOL!

OH, god, hold on guys, Schottenheimer took a TO, so it MUST be true. I mean why else would he do that? :crazy:

Your post is a massive tool and I hope it gets herpes. :D

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
If Haggan did this, he should be suspended. If if he did it, I don't see Jauron or Levy standing for it.

But to call the entire Bills team classless and dirty based on the accused actions of one man is pretty silly.

BAM

Grow up.

Well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

Even if it IS true, one person does not represent the style of play for an entire team.

We don't label your entire team as the San Diego Super-(Roid) Ragers...

LTforMVP
“Someone was up under me, pulling my ankle,” Hart said. “I had to decide, 'Do I hold onto the ball and let them pull my ankle until it breaks?' It scared me. I couldn't hold on.”

“I had some concern about the state of mind of some of the players in the huddle,” the coach said. “There was some anger. I didn't want to let anything happen there. I took a timeout we so we could collect ourselves.”

I

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
If Haggan did this, he should be suspended. If if he did it, I don't see Jauron or Levy standing for it.

But to call the entire Bills team classless and dirty based on the accused actions of one man is pretty silly.
it would be like us calling the entire Chargers team a bunch of steroid freaks...except that there's actually proof that one of the Chargers was one

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Players say Bills injured Hart with dirty play

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITERDecember 4, 2006
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – Linebacker Shaun Phillips had to be restrained, and head coach Marty Schottenheimer called a timeout at game's end for the sole purpose of allaying tensions.The Chargers left the field thrilled with the 24-21 victory but upset by their belief the Bills' Mario Haggan intentionally yanked on Clinton Hart's ankle during an onside kick.
“The guy twisted Clinton Hart's ankle,” Phillips said. “We don't play like that. We're professionals here. To try to break somebody's ankle is a problem. If you want to give somebody a rib shot or pinch him, it's OK; it's part of the game. A little bit of cheap shots is going to take place. But you cannot, not under any circumstances, try to maliciously hurt anybody. You just don't do that. You're messing with a person's livelihood; he has a family. You don't do that to people.”
Hart was carted off the field and was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.
When Hart did eventually let go of the ball, it was recovered by the Bills. But that didn't matter since the Bills' Sam Aiken had touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards.
The Chargers were still steaming when they lined up to kneel down for the final play with 29 seconds remaining.

and I say your players are lieing sacks of ****. Take your butt back to your message board.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
LTforMVP,

Cut them some slack please. What exactly do expect Bills fans to say to this? I already posted the article in another thread. If it's true, then I'm sure the league and the Bills coaching staff will take action.

LTforMVP
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> As teams start to realize how superior our team is to theirs they will resort to
cowardly acts like this one.
The desperation of knowing they can't stop the Chargers fairly makes them resort to pathetic, desperate and dirty tactics.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
LTforMVP,

Cut them some slack please. What exactly do expect Bills fans to say to this? I already posted the article in another thread. If it's true, then I'm sure the league and the Bills coaching staff will take action.

Thanks man.

LTforMVP, chill a little.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM

I :wail: "he held my ankle . WHAAAAAH!!! "

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> As teams start to realize how superior our team is to theirs they will resort to
The desperation of knowing they can't stop the Chargers fairly makes them resort to pathetic, desperate and dirty tactics.
uhhh...fairly is hardly a word to use with the officiating gaffes yesterday that favored the Chargers

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 03:06 PM

Yes but he has injured multiple players because he was juiced up. How is that better? Even if it was a clean hit he tries to injure people and he is a cheating steroid freak.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Plus every fumble and ensuing scrum has people grabbing and twisting god knows what. It is a known fact.

Romes
12-04-2006, 03:08 PM

Pathetic, desperate and dirty tactics like using steroids?

To me its your posts that are classless.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
When I played pop warner I took out an opposing guy with a twist of the leg.

:up:

Crisis
12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I wish someone would've taken the cheater's head off.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Plus every fumble and ensuing scrum has people grabbing and twisting god knows what. It is a known fact. It almost ruined his pedicure :limp:

don137
12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Funny how we didn't have to take a TO to calm down our team when a classless Chargers player took a cheap shot at our punter when he was out of bounds. I guess it is OK to go after the punter out of bounds...
I am not condoning Haggas's actions, if it is true but classless people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Of course Merriman was acting liek an idiot on the sidelines. When has someone on roids acted normal? Don't forget that other schmuck who went after a cop last summer while on roids and who knows what else. I think Foley is his name.

Buckets
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM

Are you gay or female, superior????