Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the teams

Anygame that a player who is found using steriods plays in gets forfeited to the opposing team. So like in Merriman's case he played in 7 games and they found he was a user, they lose all 7 games they won by default.

Do you think a team would then monitor it's own players urine and bloodwork if that was the case? The teams themselves would do weekly tests on all players and the league would be rid of this once and for all.

Will they ever do this?? No way, the players like cocaine and pot too much and would have nothing else to spend money on but fines.

Edit: You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 12-04-2006, 01:10 PM.
  • RBI90
    • Nov 2006

Re: Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the teams

I think that's a great idea! Why don't you forward it to the league suggestion box?

So what happens if there are players from both teams? Is it a tie?

Comment

Re: Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the teams

Agreed. Teams have to take responsibility and instigate testing. How about players forfeit their signing bonus if caught which goes to charity?

Comment

• BigBoltIke
        • Nov 2006

Merriman tested positive IN AUGUST, not in October. Moreover, when tested subsequent to his positive test, he tested negative. Therefore, the Chargers might have to forfeit a preseason game. Whoop-de-doo.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

How many players on the Chargers defense were busted for steroids at one time or another? I can count atleast three of their superstars that have.

Comment

• BigBoltIke
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
            How many players on the Chargers defense were busted for steroids at one time or another? I can count atleast three of their superstars that have.
            Merriman in August, Castillo in 2005 during the Combine (he had a knee injury and was taking androstenone to help it heal), and apparently Foley at some point, but I don't believe that was while he was a Charger.

Also, Foley isn't a Superstar.

Current AFC Standings

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I'm not opposed to making teams more responsible for the steroid use of their players, but forfeits? The problem is that teams in the same division as the forfeiting team's opponents will lose out. What if Indy had to forfeit their win over NE because of steroids? NE gets a free win and basically clinches the division.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Re: Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the team

Originally posted by BigBoltIke
                Merriman in August, Castillo in 2005 during the Combine (he had a knee injury and was taking androstenone to help it heal), and apparently Foley at some point, but I don't believe that was while he was a Charger.

Also, Foley isn't a Superstar.
                Steroids were found in Foley's system at the hospital after he was shot.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I'm not opposed to making teams more responsible for the steroid use of their players, but forfeits? The problem is that teams in the same division as the forfeiting team's opponents will lose out. What if Indy had to forfeit their win over NE because of steroids? NE gets a free win and basically clinches the division.
                  Would the teams even take that chance at that point? They would have preventative measures in to combat it even coming to that. The owners would lose the potential for playoffs and SB appearances via the forfeits and would automatically shun any players that got caught. You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.

Mark my words, going from a great team to a bad team would change alot of views about drugs themselves. Right now only the individuals suffers and not the team. Remember Bernice from Dodgeball??

Comment

• drfunk
                    • Sep 2005

Dumbest idea.... ever....

First off, Merriman did not intentionally take steroids. A company put a steroid in their over-the-counter supplement that Merriman happened to be taking. Merriman stopped taking the supplement once he tested positive and now that company is going to get their asses sued off, just like what happened to Mike Cloud several years ago.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Three starting players on San Diegos defense were busted for steroids. Hmmm.. Like these guys don't talk about what supplements they are taking and etc. etc. San Diego is a dirty team in my eyes, in particular their defense.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by drfunk

First off, Merriman did not intentionally take steroids. A company put a steroid in their over-the-counter supplement that Merriman happened to be taking. Merriman stopped taking the supplement once he tested positive and now that company is going to get their asses sued off, just like what happened to Mike Cloud several years ago.
                        This would solve that problem: You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.

The players and teams have to be responsible for their own policing of this and there has to be a penalty. Right now the player suffers and the team gets the benefit of a jacked up player. In my case all parties pay equal shares from equal gains and losses.

All the players can go to the same place and cry foul but who determines what you put in your body, that supplement place or the player? I'd get the substances checked ahead of time and have places that are league certified for supplement distribution, problem solved.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

If you actually believe this, I have some prime real estate I'd like to sell you. I can also get you a great deal on a particular bridge in one of the 5 burroughs.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

Why isn't a bigger deal made of these guys who get caught? I mean, Raphael Palmeiro gets caught and is basically run out of baseball. Barry Bonds is harrassed at every game and constantly scrutinized by the media.
                            Shawn Merriman comes back from a steroid suspension and all the talking heads on TV act like he's returning from a 4 week retreat, where he's able to rest and refocus on his career, with more energy and intensity. They talked about him being ready to play because he'd be "angry" on NFLN this past week, as if he was a vistim with something to prove. I saw no chastisement from the media for these guys at all. I don't get it. The NFL is messed up!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Re: Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the team

I hear he is going to patrol local golf courses searching for the real supplements.

Comment

Working...
                              X