PDA

View Full Version : Here is a new rule for steroid abuse that will solve the problems inside the teams

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Anygame that a player who is found using steriods plays in gets forfeited to the opposing team. So like in Merriman's case he played in 7 games and they found he was a user, they lose all 7 games they won by default.

Do you think a team would then monitor it's own players urine and bloodwork if that was the case? The teams themselves would do weekly tests on all players and the league would be rid of this once and for all.

Will they ever do this?? No way, the players like cocaine and pot too much and would have nothing else to spend money on but fines.

Edit: You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.

RBI90
12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I think that's a great idea! Why don't you forward it to the league suggestion box?

So what happens if there are players from both teams? Is it a tie?

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Agreed. Teams have to take responsibility and instigate testing. How about players forfeit their signing bonus if caught which goes to charity?

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Merriman tested positive IN AUGUST, not in October. Moreover, when tested subsequent to his positive test, he tested negative. Therefore, the Chargers might have to forfeit a preseason game. Whoop-de-doo.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
How many players on the Chargers defense were busted for steroids at one time or another? I can count atleast three of their superstars that have.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 01:00 PM
How many players on the Chargers defense were busted for steroids at one time or another? I can count atleast three of their superstars that have.

Merriman in August, Castillo in 2005 during the Combine (he had a knee injury and was taking androstenone to help it heal), and apparently Foley at some point, but I don't believe that was while he was a Charger.

Also, Foley isn't a Superstar.

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm not opposed to making teams more responsible for the steroid use of their players, but forfeits? The problem is that teams in the same division as the forfeiting team's opponents will lose out. What if Indy had to forfeit their win over NE because of steroids? NE gets a free win and basically clinches the division.

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Merriman in August, Castillo in 2005 during the Combine (he had a knee injury and was taking androstenone to help it heal), and apparently Foley at some point, but I don't believe that was while he was a Charger.

Also, Foley isn't a Superstar.

Steroids were found in Foley's system at the hospital after he was shot.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm not opposed to making teams more responsible for the steroid use of their players, but forfeits? The problem is that teams in the same division as the forfeiting team's opponents will lose out. What if Indy had to forfeit their win over NE because of steroids? NE gets a free win and basically clinches the division.

Would the teams even take that chance at that point? They would have preventative measures in to combat it even coming to that. The owners would lose the potential for playoffs and SB appearances via the forfeits and would automatically shun any players that got caught. You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.

Mark my words, going from a great team to a bad team would change alot of views about drugs themselves. Right now only the individuals suffers and not the team. Remember Bernice from Dodgeball??

drfunk
12-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Dumbest idea.... ever....

First off, Merriman did not intentionally take steroids. A company put a steroid in their over-the-counter supplement that Merriman happened to be taking. Merriman stopped taking the supplement once he tested positive and now that company is going to get their asses sued off, just like what happened to Mike Cloud several years ago.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Three starting players on San Diegos defense were busted for steroids. Hmmm.. Like these guys don't talk about what supplements they are taking and etc. etc. San Diego is a dirty team in my eyes, in particular their defense.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM

First off, Merriman did not intentionally take steroids. A company put a steroid in their over-the-counter supplement that Merriman happened to be taking. Merriman stopped taking the supplement once he tested positive and now that company is going to get their asses sued off, just like what happened to Mike Cloud several years ago.

This would solve that problem: You would also have to have a turn in policy that the teams turn their own player in before getting caught by the league with no penalties.

The players and teams have to be responsible for their own policing of this and there has to be a penalty. Right now the player suffers and the team gets the benefit of a jacked up player. In my case all parties pay equal shares from equal gains and losses.

All the players can go to the same place and cry foul but who determines what you put in your body, that supplement place or the player? I'd get the substances checked ahead of time and have places that are league certified for supplement distribution, problem solved.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM

If you actually believe this, I have some prime real estate I'd like to sell you. I can also get you a great deal on a particular bridge in one of the 5 burroughs.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Why isn't a bigger deal made of these guys who get caught? I mean, Raphael Palmeiro gets caught and is basically run out of baseball. Barry Bonds is harrassed at every game and constantly scrutinized by the media.
Shawn Merriman comes back from a steroid suspension and all the talking heads on TV act like he's returning from a 4 week retreat, where he's able to rest and refocus on his career, with more energy and intensity. They talked about him being ready to play because he'd be "angry" on NFLN this past week, as if he was a vistim with something to prove. I saw no chastisement from the media for these guys at all. I don't get it. The NFL is messed up!

Ickybaluky
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM

I hear he is going to patrol local golf courses searching for the real supplements.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Every team will go 0-16.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
I hear he is going to patrol local golf courses searching for the real supplements.
:rofl:

!Papacrunk!
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM

lmfao! Give this guy some sort of prize. Good stuff!

UnstopaBOLTS
12-04-2006, 07:25 PM
But you still lost to the Bolts.. and you have a player who intentionally twisted harts ankle while in a dog pile at the end of a game that you had already lost in the first 59 minutes of the game.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
But you still lost to the Bolts.. and you have a player who intentionally twisted harts ankle while in a dog pile at the end of a game that you had already lost in the first 59 minutes of the game.
there's no proof of that...but there is video proof that the refs helped the Chargers win...and there's also proof that a steroid freak played for the Chargers yesterday

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM

WTF are you talking about?? This is not about one play but a bigger problem. You had a cheater who got caught. The Bills have no real current wife beaters, drugs addicts, alcoholic DWI driving fools that we have seen this season. Class begins at home and works it way out.

UnstopaBOLTS
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
You guys are so easy to spool up.. it's pretty funny

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 07:40 PM
You guys are so easy to spool up.. it's pretty funny
spool up? wanna try that in English? :huh:

Bling
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Quit making excuses, Skoob. Ya lost, so you tried to hit them where it hurts to make yourself feel better. Just move on.

YardRat
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Big deal.

Merriman got busted for a supplement and served his suspension. It's over, as is the game.

Let it go.

YardRat
12-04-2006, 07:52 PM
spool up? wanna try that in English? :huh:

Sounds like a personal attack or TOS violation to me :D

Bling
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Ouch...

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
go ahead and report it...I don't understand the slang so I can't say whether it is or not :idunno:

YardRat
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
go ahead and report it...I don't understand the slang so I can't say whether it is or not :idunno:

Naaaah....I'm not the whiney type.

dolphan117
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't know that doing that would work all that well, what if a guy tested positive right before the super bowl but the appeals and all that didn't get heard until after the game..... And then lets assume the player who tested positive for team A beat the living crap out of team B. Would team B then all of a sudden be awarded rings when the appeal fails? IMO all they need to do is bump the suspension to 8 games and impose a stiffer fine.