PDA

View Full Version : San Diego's Run Blocking

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Was awesome! That was one thing I noticed in the difference in this game. Yes LT is great, but that line knows how to run block. I hope Mouse was taking notes.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Like I said, the game was going to come down to the lines.

SD is a power-running team, and when we come out with Neal, Manumaleuna, and Gates we present a front that we can pass out of or that we can run with 2400 lbs of beef blocking for LT.

Playing in the AFC West, if you can't run and stop the run you're looking at 6 divisional losses.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Having said that, the Ravens will wipe their behinds with the Bolts in the playoffs!

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Having said that, the Ravens will wipe their behinds with the Bolts in the playoffs!
I hope not...as much as I hate the Bolts for yesterday, my hatred for the Ravens runs deeper

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Don't give them too much credit- it's not like it's hard to blow our 290-lb DT's off the line.

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 01:46 PM

Not likely, it was a close game early in the season and we were still bringing Rivers along. We'll tear apart any team we play in the playoffs as long as we're fielding a healthy team.

I still can't figure out why we didn't have McCree and Castillo out there or what happened to McCardell.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Not likely, it was a close game early in the season and we were still bringing Rivers along. We'll tear apart any team we play in the playoffs as long as we're fielding a healthy team.

I still can't figure out why we didn't have McCree and Castillo out there or what happened to McCardell.

At what point did you forget that Marty Schottenheimer is the Head Coach?

BigBoltIke
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
At what point did you forget that Marty Schottenheimer is the Head Coach?

Marty has never had a team this talented in the Playoffs.

Marty was not responsible for the Drive.

Marty was not responsible for the Fumble.

Marty was not responsible for Nate Kaeding's missed FG from 40 yds.

The Chargers are 31-13 the last three years because of Schottenheimer and 43-33 since he became our HC in 2002. Marty is taking the Chargers to the Superbowl this season and exorcising our demons along with his.