PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Price...

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
....But that dude has been pretty friggin clutch when we needed him to be. I'm glad we got him on our team again. :rockout:

patmoran2006
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I agree. He has made some clutch plays.

So its one of two things.

1) He's not getting open enough on a consistent basis.
2) Losman doesnt look for him often enough.

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 04:35 PM

we keep rotating our recievers except for Evans.

mchurchfie
12-04-2006, 04:39 PM

Losman doesnt look for him often enough.
He too busy being locked on to Evans right from the snap.

Historian
12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I agree. Price has made some nice catches.

YardRat
12-04-2006, 05:57 PM
:clap:

Price is good enough to be the straight #2 on this team. Unless we get a chance to get another stud opposite Evans this off-season, I'd be OK with Peerless being the lock on the opposite side for another year or two.

Billsrock4life
12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
agreed

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 07:16 PM

There is a 3rd option:

3) There are other players on the team that have been used on pass routes, such as Reed, Parrish and the RB's.

M
12-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I liked Price when he was first a Bill and it still holds the same today. I don't care what did or didn't happen in Atlanta or Dallas.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
He too busy being locked on to Evans right from the snap.
On average, he was locking onto a WR maybe 2-3 times a game...I think it happens maybe 1 or 2 times now, max

DynaPaul
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
He hasn't been the same Price he was in his last year in Buffalo but he's been pretty good. No complaints here.

Cntrygal
12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm thrilled he isn't drawing the same type of STUPID Penalties like he was before. And thrilled he's been hanging onto the ball!

:10:

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 12:42 AM
I was one of those guys hoping for a WR in the first or second round, I'm changing my mind on this. Imagine grabbing a stud TE in the 1st or 2nd, and taking an OL in the 1st or 2nd. That could be HUGE! Zach Miller and Kenny Olsen are supposedly the best ranked TE's coming out this year. Imagine Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish and to top it off a threat in TE Zach Miller. Our passing game would be so dynamic and explosive.

ddaryl
12-05-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm glad we did pick up PP, but he has always had short arm tendencies.

he'll be here for another couple of years to get more in synch with the O and stuff, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to find a better more reliable #2 WR this offseason IMO.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm glad we did pick up PP, but he has always had short arm tendencies.

he'll be here for another couple of years to get more in synch with the O and stuff, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to find a better more reliable #2 WR this offseason IMO.

What about Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish then?

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Reed couldn't cut it as the #2 before...and Roscoe would get killed with his lack of size

Night Train
12-05-2006, 04:41 AM
Price has made a few good plays this year but don't rush to give him undeserving praise overall. The first Losman INT against SD was a result of Price quitting on the play and that has been a constant all year.

He's wildly inconsistent and still seems a player who performs when in the mood. There is a valid reason why Atlanta and Dallas cut him. Lots more valleys than peaks with #81 and his article two weeks back about Losman failing to find him open was laughable. The eyes don't lie from the stands. He fails to hustle and get open most plays.

This team still needs a viable #2 WR option. Reed and Parrish are strictly #3 slot guys and aren't on the field every play.

ddaryl
12-05-2006, 07:11 AM

Parrish is not a #2 WR, and Reed has been solid, but not explosive. There is room on the roster for 5 WR's and Parrish is also a key return guy. Don't forget injuries do happen ass well

They both deserve their shots to earn the spot but we can always get better.

I doubt many WR prospects will be hurrying to Buf via FA until Bufalo proves they can throw the ball more consistently.

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 07:56 AM
We can't rule out Roscoe as a future #2 due to size as Steve Smith can attest. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceburg with Parrish. I like our reciever corps right now and I would be ok with them for a couple more years. I do agree that we do need a viable threat at the TE position.

oak tree 12
12-05-2006, 08:12 AM
....But that dude has been pretty friggin clutch when we needed him to be. I'm glad we got him on our team again. :rockout:

losman has 1 legitimate wide receiver,no tight ends ,a decent running back and possibly 3 linemen, we need help bad. a legit #2 wide out,a te and two stud guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 08:33 AM
It's also hard for any of our wrs to do anything significant when this year has been meant to develop the qb by making him a caretaker early in the season. If Fairchild made him sling it since day one (not saying that's the right thing) , JP would've been more comfortable with his other wrs. There's also the OL problem.

Guys like Manning would be drooling over our wr corps.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Objectively, Peerless is a great #3, Reed #4, Parrish #5. We need to cut Davis and find us a #2. I want to see what Cieslak does the rest of the year. It would be great to not have to waste another spot for yet another TE. Royal, Cieslak and ???.

Luisito23
12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I've always liked Price, he's not the same player as before, but he's still very reliable....Athough I wouldn't be against drafting a WR, but only if we had a shot at the best prospect....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Cieslak is very interesting to me. He has good size, and has played well in the few times we've called on him. I would like to see what he can do with 6 or 7 balls thrown his way.

I wholeheartedly disagree with Parrish as #5. He is #3 at the least.

Luisito23
12-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree with Parrish as #5. He is #3 at the least.

Sup with all this hate on Parrish....The kid's a star in the making......

GO BILLS!!!!!!

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 08:54 AM
this team is stacked with aswome no. 3's. Parrish, Reed, Price. I'd really love to have a tall wr but could be content with what we have if we had a stud TE that can catch. A Gates or a Gonzo. Hell I'd be contented with a Reimersma.

Get rid of Andre Davis and activate Wilson and see what he can do. We know he's got great hands, question is, can he get open?

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I really don't know, brother. He's a stud, and will only get better.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 09:29 AM
this team is stacked with aswome no. 3's. Parrish, Reed, Price. I'd really love to have a tall wr but could be content with what we have if we had a stud TE that can catch. A Gates or a Gonzo. Hell I'd be contented with a Reimersma.

Get rid of Andre Davis and activate Wilson and see what he can do. We know he's got great hands, question is, can he get open?

A good #2 makes a TE not as valuable. There are plenty of good teams where you don't even know the TE's name. A big receiever, I agree, is the answer!!

M
12-05-2006, 09:32 AM

I like Parrish too but he's tiny. Fast as hell though ........

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 09:33 AM
losman has 1 legitimate wide receiver,no tight ends ,a decent running back and possibly 3 linemen, we need help bad. a legit #2 wide out,a te and two stud guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disagree. Losman has a very good WR corps. We need a good pass catching TE, and one stud lineman would help, and some depth..

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I like Parrish too but he's tiny. Fast as hell though ........

Steve Smith is tiny also.

jamze132
12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
If we could land a great TD, we would be in business. I am also intersted in Cieslak. I think he had a nice lonf catch the other day that was called back for a phantom penalty.

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
A good #2 makes a TE not as valuable. There are plenty of good teams where you don't even know the TE's name. A big receiever, I agree, is the answer!!

A great TE can also makes things easier for the wrs. JP has shown the ability to throw for over 300 yards with the wrs we have. Give him a TE we may not need a tall wr. We'll see how Cieslak does in these last few games.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 09:55 AM
We'll see how Cieslak does in these last few games.

Now we're talking. Let's see if we can get by without having to replace every position on the team. A better OL gives JP time to find other targets. RG and LG before TE!!!

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Now we're talking. Let's see if we can get by without having to replace every position on the team. A better OL gives JP time to find other targets. RG and LG before TE!!!
:up: Build a dominant OL and every one on the O will look better than they are right now. Even the TE may not even have to worry about blocking but instead getting open.

The jury is still out on Preston and Gandy. Right now my opinion of them is depth.Pennington is another project. He may or maybe not be a Peters. Just like Cieslak, we'll see how he does for the rest of the season. One things for sure, the coaches love his physical size just like Peters which is why he's starting over Merz and Butler .

Luisito23
12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I really don't know, brother. He's a stud, and will only get better.

:drunks: :beers:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!