PDA

View Full Version : Offseason predictions

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
1) we will spend about 13 of our 33 mill available in cap room meaning we signed a bunch of average scrubs again.

2) ralph wilson will site the economy, CBA or any other excuse he can come up with in regards to not coming up with the signing bonus money needed to get top talent.

3) our line upgrades will be one RG in FA and a couple low round draft picks. The excuse will be 'Well...our guys are starting to show promise, let them have more time to jell'

4) WR won't be upgraded either. they just gave two different guys 10 mill over 4 years. You think our staff has the guts to say they screwed up and need to get a REAL threat at #2?

5) JP won't progress any further, see #3 and #4 to understand why.

6) we won't make a change and get a real run stopping DT. Again they state 'we spent two picks on the DL including a first rounder next last year'. they will continue to be shoved 5 yards down field before the opposing RB is touched.

7) we will go 7-9 again next year, see 1-6 above.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
dang, Ice... at least wait till January before you start trashing the offseason... I think marv is smart enough to see what we need, and unlike pigheaded TD, I think he is more interested in winning then the bottom line.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I guess this means the Bills will pass on pick 1-3 this year, since they won't upgrade any position.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I guess this means the Bills will pass on pick 1-3 this year, since they won't upgrade any position.

Oh I said they will use draft picks, most likely as depth. But you can count on the draft picks taking up 3 mill of the 13 we use.

Point being we will leave 20 mill in cap room on the table we could have used.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
You have no idea (nor do I) what they will do.

Eric Steinbach baby. I told you first.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 02:57 PM
dang, Ice... at least wait till January before you start trashing the offseason... I think marv is smart enough to see what we need, and unlike pigheaded TD, I think he is more interested in winning then the bottom line.

(marv) 'ralph we have 33 mil in cap room! Clear cut needs...lets address them and get you a winner before you die!'

(Ralph) ok Marv but how much is this going to cost me personally for Signing bonuses?

(Marv) about 45-50 mill.

(Ralph) 'GASP...Choke....'

(Marv) but ralph, I know who to go after, who to pick etc.

(ralph) 'well marv, you see the CBA, Local economy not letting me charge normal prices etc, I can only give you say....15 mill'

(Marv) but ralph we can't do it for that little.

(ralph) yeah but isnt all that extra cap room we have really cool!'

Just wait and see.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Basically what Ice feels about the Bills near future:

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/gifs/Pendleton_Sinking_Ship.jpg

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
You have no idea (nor do I) what they will do.

Eric Steinbach baby. I told you first.

Really? Care to wager? I personally would love to lose the bet, but I won't. I have ralphs cheap history to prove it.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Prove me wrong with ralphs history. You can't and neither can anyone. 'But ICE we are almost always near the cap'. Uh yeah, that isnt money ralph has to pay out of his pocket, that is covered by the CBA/ TV contract.

For us to get QUALITY talent, ralph is going to have to sell a vacation house or some paintings or something because its going to cost BIG TIME for signing bonuses to get top guys to come here.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
What guys do you want them to sign? Name them. Also name top notch FA's that have worked out well for their new team.

I have in the past, numerous times, listed examples and proof of Ralph not being cheap. Almost to the point that it becam repetitive.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
What guys do you want them to sign? Name them. Also name top notch FA's that have worked out well for their new team.

I have in the past, numerous times, listed examples and proof of Ralph not being cheap. Almost to the point that it becam repetitive.

And I showed you that you proved nothing. he has to pay out of his own pocket in excess of what other owners would pay to get top talent here.

So you are saying 'name them' and thats not my job. I know there are two from indy that we can out bid for immediately. There are players there to be had, its up to ralph not to be cheap in order to get them.

So are you going to make a bet with me or not?

SquishDaFish
12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Pathetic thread

Typ0
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Prove me wrong with ralphs history. You can't and neither can anyone. 'But ICE we are almost always near the cap'. Uh yeah, that isnt money ralph has to pay out of his pocket, that is covered by the CBA/ TV contract.

For us to get QUALITY talent, ralph is going to have to sell a vacation house or some paintings or something because its going to cost BIG TIME for signing bonuses to get top guys to come here.

what the hell are you talking about...signing bonuses are also part of the cap and we spend near the cap every year.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
what the hell are you talking about...signing bonuses are also part of the cap and we spend near the cap every year.
I know exactly how SB's are factored in. Again if there is 107 in cap room say next year (example) then that 107 is usually covered by the TV agreement for each team. Its not out of pocket for the owner.

AGAIN Signing bonuses come from other resources by the owner. RALPH will have to come up with some serious jack to get players to come here. and I am saying he won't do it.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I predict:-

Marv as old school will rely and do well again in the draft.

We will resign Nate but let London walk.

We will manage to get 4 draft picks on Day1 by trading down and use them to get a starting LB (Posluzny), a starting TE (Olsen), a DT (Harrell) who is a significant upgrade over Anderson and a OL (Free) who may not be a starter but will offer depth and will possibly step in if (god forbid) Peters gets injured. With such OT depth this could be a R3 who will play as well as Nick Kaczur did.

On Day2 we will do well again and get a CB/S depth (Weddle) and cover for Simpson/Whitner. We will also get a RB (Dawson) who will become a solid 3rd down back and a big run stuffing NT (deRosia) from a small school.

One of the DT draftees will start on Day1

McGahee will be shipped out and we will get a R2 in 2008 in exchange.
A-Train will be named the starter, the draft pick will be the 3rd down back and we will pick up a decent sub in FA (Lumsden).

Shelton will be invited to retire. His replacement will come from an usual source (Kyle Eckels, Dolphins)

We will use FA to sign a big WR - Ernest Wilford as part of the McGahee trade that we accomplish with the Jaguars.

We will sign a OG but it won't be Steinbach who will earn silly money. We will however sign Vince Manuwai who will replace Villarial.

Pennington will continue to improve but will face a severe challenge from Butler who will add 20lbs in the offseason.

We will have a 10-6 season in 2007.

ICE74129
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Pathetic thread Pathetic is having 33 mill in cap room and being too cheap to come up with the SB money need to get that talent here.

We will see in about 2 months what is going to happen.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
The Bills always spend right up to the Cap. I assume they will again. When haven't they ICE?

gr8slayer
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I feel alot better about our future now than I did this time last year.

Statman
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
1) we will spend about 13 of our 33 mill available in cap room meaning we signed a bunch of average scrubs again.

2) ralph wilson will site the economy, CBA or any other excuse he can come up with in regards to not coming up with the signing bonus money needed to get top talent.

3) our line upgrades will be one RG in FA and a couple low round draft picks. The excuse will be 'Well...our guys are starting to show promise, let them have more time to jell'

4) WR won't be upgraded either. they just gave two different guys 10 mill over 4 years. You think our staff has the guts to say they screwed up and need to get a REAL threat at #2?

6) we won't make a change and get a real run stopping DT. Again they state 'we spent two picks on the DL including a first rounder next last year'. they will continue to be shoved 5 yards down field before the opposing RB is touched.

7) we will go 7-9 again next year, see 1-6 above.

1) 13 million? We dropped 10M on Royal, 7.2 on Fowler for three years, 18.5 on Tripplett, and another 10 or more on Price. How's that add up to "another 13M?"

2) Who cares what Ralph says. Everyone will continue to cite his winning an AFL championship two centuries ago as evidence that he has a clue.

3) Status quo

4) Evans, Reed, and Price consume far too much money at WR to sign another as you said.

5) Who knows

6) Tripplett, McCargo, Williams, and Anderson are here for the long haul. Good luck to us. The cheapest lowest round draft pick is the best of the lot there.

7) Does record matter given the above? What if we win 9 games and make the playoffs for one reason or more. Do we have any chance at all of beating any playoff type teams on the road?

YardRat
12-04-2006, 06:59 PM

I say 23 to 26mil in FA's, including our own.

I think he'll use those to raise ticket prices and sell partial naming rights.

I can see this happening.

If we don't go with a lineman (D or O) in the first, it wouldn't shock me to see the pick used on a WR. When you least expect it, expect it.

He better, regardless of the circumstances. He's consistently shown he can play early (the first drive of the game) and late (the last)...he just has to get everything in-between now.

This wouldn't surprise me either, considering McCargo and Williams are only rookies this year.

7) we will go 7-9 again next year, see 1-6 above.<!-- / message -->

Next year is our year to get back above .500 and re-take the division...I really believe it's do-able.

Marv as old school will rely and do well again in the draft.

Agreed.

We will resign Nate but let London walk.

I could see this working out either way. We will keep one and let one go, IMO, but am afraid it might work out opposite just considering the franchise tag ramifications of keeping Nate.

We will manage to get 4 draft picks on Day1 by trading down and use them to get a starting LB (Posluzny), a starting TE (Olsen), a DT (Harrell) who is a significant upgrade over Anderson and a OL (Free) who may not be a starter but will offer depth and will possibly step in if (god forbid) Peters gets injured. With such OT depth this could be a R3 who will play as well as Nick Kaczur did.

On Day2 we will do well again and get a CB/S depth (Weddle) and cover for Simpson/Whitner. We will also get a RB (Dawson) who will become a solid 3rd down back and a big run stuffing NT (deRosia) from a small school.

Too specific to address, but I don't think we'll get 2 or 3 starters out of next year's rookies.

One of the DT draftees will start on Day1

This year's rookies or next year's? I see Tripplet pairing up with Williams next year as the starters.

McGahee will be shipped out and we will get a R2 in 2008 in exchange.
A-Train will be named the starter, the draft pick will be the 3rd down back and we will pick up a decent sub in FA (Lumsden).

I think McGahee stays until after next year.

Shelton will be invited to retire. His replacement will come from an usual source

I agree.

We will use FA to sign a big WR - Ernest Wilford as part of the McGahee trade that we accomplish with the Jaguars.

FA or trade? I don't see us doing too much with WR in FA.

We will sign a OG but it won't be Steinbach who will earn silly money.

Pennington will continue to improve but will face a severe challenge from Butler

We will have a 10-6 season in 2007.

I agree. Maybe even 11-5.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Pathetic is having 33 mill in cap room and being too cheap to come up with the SB money need to get that talent here.

We will see in about 2 months what is going to happen.

ICE your posts have become tiresome. Find a new team. Really, I'm not joking.