PDA

View Full Version : Who I would like to see as our Next Headcoach

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
This guy, I think is someone everyone can agree on, and I think he might be long term material.

BOBBY APRIL!!

justasportsfan
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Not sure if he knows how to be a HC.

If Jauron doesn't pan out, chances are the bills moves to LA. If not. I still want Wiess.

Ebenezer
12-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Jauron bought property in OP...not a house, just property...I'll bet he has a house on it by next spring and is here for the long haul.

Ebenezer
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM

If Jauron doesn't pan out, chances are the bills moves to LA. If not. I still want Wiess.
the Bills are safe up and until 1 year after RW's death...then they go.

Statman
12-04-2006, 05:34 PM
How about someone from a winning program and with a history of success and winning.

Novel, huh.

Historian
12-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Jauron will get a minimum of five years, as Levy is loyal to a fault with his subordinates.

patmoran2006
12-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Me 2, but he aint going nowhere.

Neither is Jauron this year, NO WAY Marv gives up on him after one year, becuase it would make him look STUPID in his first big GM decision.

I think Jauron has at least TWO years after this season to take this team to the playoffs.

If we're being honest, I wish Marv named HIMSELF as the head coach.. And Im not joking

YardRat
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
No more rookie head coaches.

When it's time to get another one, get a guy that not only has experience as the head man, but one who's been successful as one as well.

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM

When it's time to get another one, get a guy that not only has experience as the head man, but one who's been successful as one as well.
this time around there were only 2 head coach candidates with experience...and one was damaged goods enough that he only got 2 interviews

DynaPaul
12-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I saw we get Henry Winkler. Hey, he was a great coach in "The Waterboy". It's about as plausible as replacing Jauron for April right now.

ajsdx
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM

dude, where are we going to find one of those? it's not like good, experienced NFL head coaches are available that often, and it's not like buffalo is the kind of place to attract those kinds of coaches away from other teams.

if you're talking about college coaches, then in their first nfl job, they're still going to be rookies.

jpdex12
12-04-2006, 10:16 PM
This guy, I think is someone everyone can agree on, and I think he might be long term material.

WTF is wrong with you people? Can we see what happens with one coach for at least two years before we start throwing axes at him?

BOBBY APRIL!!

gr8slayer
12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Its alittle early to start talking about new HC's

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Its alittle early to start talking about new HC's

I agree. Dick Jauron has been a damn good coach for us so far.

Lee-83
12-05-2006, 08:11 AM
just because he can invent new onside/squib kicks don't mean he can run a team!

bigbub2352
12-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Jauron will get 3 years then he will be gone, then the real rebuilding can begin, if he were to go this year which i dont think will happen, Mike Sherman, Jeff Fisher, the def cordinator from the TB bucs monte kiffin will be available those would be the guys i would be lookin for, maybe mike marz, and steve mariucci

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
just because he can invent new onside/squib kicks don't mean he can run a team!

Give me a break.

I think running the TOP special teams unit for three years in a row is a little more than "inventing onside/squib kicks".

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 09:12 AM
I saw we get Henry Winkler. Hey, he was a great coach in "The Waterboy". It's about as plausible as replacing Jauron for April right now.

Nowhere in this thread did I say that we should replace Jauron right now or even after this year for that matter. I simply stated that he is someone that I would like to see as our next head coach.

Saratoga Slim
12-05-2006, 11:25 AM
You guys are crazy. We've gotten beat in two games all season. Nine of them we've been in tooth and nail. The team plays their asses off for Jauron. He's done an almost uniformly good job of game planning. And I think he and his staff have done a pretty good job of mid-game adjustments. Every single coach in the league makes some questionable playcalls that come back to haunt. Shanahan had a couple doozies on sunday night. There ain't a coach out there that's perfect.

Jauron's not going anywhere at the end of this season, and he shouldn't. He's done a good job with a roster full of ineptitude and youth.

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
You guys are crazy. We've gotten beat in two games all season. Nine of them we've been in tooth and nail. The team plays their asses off for Jauron. He's done an almost uniformly good job of game planning. And I think he and his staff have done a pretty good job of mid-game adjustments. Every single coach in the league makes some questionable playcalls that come back to haunt. Shanahan had a couple doozies on sunday night. There ain't a coach out there that's perfect.

Jauron's not going anywhere at the end of this season, and he shouldn't. He's done a good job with a roster full of ineptitude and youth.

This thread is about who we want. Not was is going to happen. Jauron is here for another few years hopefully more.

madness
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
This thread is about who we want. Not was is going to happen. Jauron is here for another few years hopefully more.

**** Jauron! :snicker:

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Nowhere in this thread did I say that we should replace Jauron right now or even after this year for that matter. I simply stated that April is someone that I would like to see as our next head coach.

Slim - This was my whole point to this thread.

I don't hate Jauron, and I think that he will be our coach for a while.

All that I am saying is that I like Bobby April, and I think that he would make a good headcoach.

That's it. Nothing more.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Jauron's game plans against Indy and GB were brilliant, imo.

Saratoga Slim
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Slim - This was my whole point to this thread.

I don't hate Jauron, and I think that he will be our coach for a while.

All that I am saying is that I like Bobby April, and I think that he would make a good headcoach.

That's it. Nothing more.

Gotcha, my bad. I like Bobby April too. But I'm hoping that Jauron stays for a looonnnggg time.......because that'll mean we've been winning.

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Gotcha, my bad. I like Bobby April too. But I'm hoping that Jauron stays for a looonnnggg time.......because that'll mean we've been winning.

I've got no problem with that what so ever. I like Jauron for the most part. Some of his decisions make me go :huh:

I think the winning ways are on their way back to Buffalo :up: