PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills move, do you still support them?

RBI90
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
This isn't just a Buffalo question because the Chargers are also rumored to be leaving if a new Stadium deal is not worked out.

My question is this. If the Bills relocate, do you still support them or do you root for another team?

The_Philster
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
a lot of us will abandon the NFL if we lose the Bills...same way Buffalo Braves fans abandoned Pro Basketball when the Braves became the LA Clippers

OpIv37
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
no- moving is the one thing that will cause me to stop rooting for this team. I would not support ownership that sold out their fans.

If the Bills did move, I'd root for the Eagles cuz my parents are originally from the Philly area, but I'd never be as into it as I am with the Bills right now. I wouldn't buy Sunday Ticket- I'd mostly watch Notre Dame and just watch the Eagles when they were on locally.

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I stop watching football until we get the Bills back (like the Browns)

No way I root for another team

blackonyx89
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
If the Bills left,I pray they will get another franchise. If not,the Jaguars will be my new team. On second thought,I'll support them but it would totally suck if they won a Super Bowl elsewhere!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2006, 03:35 PM
This isn't just a Buffalo question because the Chargers are also rumored to be leaving if a new Stadium deal is not worked out.

My question is this. If the Bills relocate, do you still support them or do you root for another team?
Never I would swear off the NFL.

BillsNick
12-04-2006, 03:40 PM

THURM :hi5: BillsNick

WE WILL NEVER CHEAT ON THE BILLS

gr8slayer
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
No, I dont think I would watch football for a while.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 03:51 PM
If the NFL lets a community like Buffalo lose their team, I will never forgive them. Right now, I'm as diehard as they come. I live and breathe Bills football and watch the NFL games every sunday and the postseason. If the Bills left, I would hate the NFL and most likely stop watching it all the time and not care about it much. Plus I would join all the anti-NFL protests and fight hard for the league to bring back a football team even though I know it would never happen. :mad: :curse:

Oh basically if the Bills were to leave, a little bit of me would die inside. :(

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm going to follow the team.

Devin
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Nah.

Id follow the Saints (local team) but nothing like I do the Bills.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
If they left Buffalo, my fall and winter months schedule would be wide open on sunday.

Crisis
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I'd only watch the NFL to see the Cowgirls and Dolphins get their asses kicked.

Otherwise, the NFL could **** off.

Crisis
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I love the hypocrites in Buffalo though, don't get me wrong I love Buffalo fans but sometimes it's just ridiculous.

Being the first team to not sell out, and not being able to sell out 2 weeks in a row are not going to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Buffalo fans are not the most "die-hard" fans.

I wish I lived closer.

Having 2 professional sports teams doesn't mean you don't have to support both of them.

Michael82
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I love the hypocrites in Buffalo though, don't get me wrong I love Buffalo fans but sometimes it's just ridiculous.

Being the first team to not sell out, and not being able to sell out 2 weeks in a row are not going to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Buffalo fans are not the most "die-hard" fans.

I wish I lived closer.

Having 2 professional sports teams doesn't mean you don't have to support both of them.
The Sabres being this good is killing the Bills right now. :ill:

Ebenezer
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
unless I were to relocate I would agree...

I might have a chance of following them if they were the Toronto Bills.

Ebenezer
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
The Sabres being this good is killing the Bills right now. :ill:
the Bills being 5-7 and mediocre for 7 years is the thing killing the Bills right now

Michael82
12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
the Bills being 5-7 and mediocre for 7 years is the thing killing the Bills right now
it didn't hurt them last year. They still sold out the games. :::

MikeInRoch
12-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I love the NFL, and will still watch if they move.

I will, however, burn all of the Bills stuff that I own.

BAM
12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Nope.

Steeler Nation.

kinigirly
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
:ill: couldn't this thread have waited until after the holidays

Night Train
12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
The minute the Bills leave the WNY area, the NFL is dead to me.

I'll have College football and the Sabres to fill my time.

BAM
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I know one thing... I'd probably make a fortune selling all my Bills stuff on eBay.

Devin
12-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Nope.

Steeler Nation.

Eww.

clumping platelets
12-05-2006, 03:25 AM
To answer the question posed in the thread title.....

NO!

CuseJetsFan83
12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
if it was a mutual agreement to leave ie a cleveland browns type deal..... i guess i could see myself following a newer version of team X (in my case the jets)

but just like thurm and billsnick, i'd boycott the nfl most likely.... ALTHOUGH.... using the nba excuse would be like me saying i'd hate the 76ers because they used to be the syracuse nationals.... although im sure many people in syracuse loathe the NBA for that....

but here is kinda a devils advocate question......sabres and bills.........which one would people root for if they did move, and which one would be better off stayin in town if buffalo did have to lose a team?

for the time being i could see the sabres having a bigger impact, but the bills are buffalo............ that would be more of a long term impact

ddaryl
12-05-2006, 07:05 AM
The minute the Bills leave the WNY area, the NFL is dead to me.

I'll have College football and the Sabres to fill my time.

I agree but I probably won't watch football at all even college.

It'll be Hockey only then for me.

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 08:08 AM
If the NFL lets a community like Buffalo lose their team, I will never forgive them. Right now, I'm as diehard as they come. I live and breathe Bills football and watch the NFL games every sunday and the postseason. If the Bills left, I would hate the NFL and most likely stop watching it all the time and not care about it much. Plus I would join all the anti-NFL protests and fight hard for the league to bring back a football team even though I know it would never happen. :mad: :curse:

Oh basically if the Bills were to leave, a little bit of me would die inside. :(

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Buckets
12-05-2006, 08:13 AM
They would be dead to me.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 08:33 AM
NO!!!! I'm not an LA Clippers fan!!!

mysticsoto
12-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Agreed with all. There is no way I would support a team that deserted its hard core fans!!!

I wouldn't dump the NFL entirely...I would become a wanderer - so to speak. Like I am in the NBA. I root for a team based on who they have and who I like, etc, but I would never be hardcore for another team again! I would not buy tickets to a game no matter where I am, would not get the NFL ticket anymore, and no more merchandize. I would basically watch what's on TV if I'm not doing anything else and not contribute to the NFL in any monetary way.

Dozerdog
12-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Depends where they moved.

West coast, absolutely not.

I'd probably follow the Bays, Green & Tampa

Michael82
12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Depends where they moved.

West coast, absolutely not.

I'd probably follow the Bays, Green & Tampa
Thank God you wouldn't become a Patriots fan. :phew:

Michael82
12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Nope.

Steeler Nation.
Oh man, that's just wrong. :ill:

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
If they move the only team I'd be loyal to is any team that plays the fins.

I watch the Pats every now and then because of the way they play football. I hate the team but I enjoy good football. I could not cheer for them to win however. If the bills move, I won't have a reason to cheer for them to lose unlike the fins where I alwyas want them to lose.

I don't mind the chargers or the Broncos but I don't think I can ever come close to liking them as much as I like the bills.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2006, 09:55 AM

I wish I lived closer.

Don't be stupid though we still had 63k in the stands which is just as much as anyone else in the league.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2006, 09:58 AM
The Bills have 8 home games. How much do season tickets cost? Im sure its not that much. I blame the people who live around Rich Stadium if the Bills move.

I would have season tickets if I didnt live 3 hours away.

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
If they stayed near Buffalo, and kept the name, I wouldn't care, if they left to somewhere like LA, no chance. I'd never watch another NFL game in my life.

BAM
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh man, that's just wrong. :ill:
I cheer for the Steelers when the Bills aren't on.

Dad's a huge fan, so is most of the fam.

They don't bother me at all.

Plus they're right down the road. Philly too, I don't mind the Eagles.

spacecowboy
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
If they moved to Toronto, yes (I live in Canada) No LA BILLS! But I don't see the NFL coming to Canada.

scott51
12-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I have to go with the Black and Yellow! They are my second team and if Buffalo left they would become my favorite! Although, like the rest of you, a part of me would die if we lose the Bills!!

:jetsuck:

M
12-05-2006, 11:02 AM
If the Bills moved to CT and the Pats got the f**k out of "New England", then I would support them. Other than that scenario, no!

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't be into the NFL nearly as much. I would still watch and root for the underdog every game most likely. I would probably follow specific players too.

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 11:57 AM
If the Bills moved I could see Toronto bidding. They have a stadium that could serve as a Temp home and it would be the next least worst case scenario. I think Buffalo does suffer from the modern age need for a big market so unless Ralph bequeath the team to the community, a la Green Bay the team will probably move somewhere

Jan Reimers
12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Didn't anyone see the Galisano interview in Sunday's Buffalo News?

It gave me a lot of hope.

Billz_fan
12-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Wow, tough question but the answer is no I would not follow the Bills after a move.

I have no idea who I might root for. Although I do watch alot of Giant games.

raphael120
12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
honestly, I don't think the NFL would want to see what would happen if they took away the Bills from WNY...the fans are more die hard than the Browns, and the Baltimore Colts. It won't happen, I don't think the NFL wants to deal with hundreds of thousands of very angry Bills fans. ;)

raphael120
12-05-2006, 12:24 PM
but if i had to choose, i would be a steelers fan, im from there too but my obcession for the bills makes it difficult for me to follow the steelers, but one thing i do like about the steelers is the hatred towards the patriots!

ublinkwescore
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
If they stayed near Buffalo, and kept the name, I wouldn't care, if they left to somewhere like LA, no chance. I'd never watch another NFL game in my life.

That would be like the only way that I could continue to follow them - only because I live on the west coast - then going to the games would be a lot more affordable for me and I wouldn't have to fly (assuming they moved to Cali since I'm like a 10 hour drive from the farthest parts in Cali - like SD). Unfortunately I know they would no longer be the Bills and that part, I would definitely miss.

M
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Didn't anyone see the Galisano interview in Sunday's Buffalo News?

It gave me a lot of hope.

Nope, what was said??

ublinkwescore
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
On the flip side, if they moved to Canada, I'm done with football.

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
honestly, I don't think the NFL would want to see what would happen if they took away the Bills from WNY...the fans are more die hard than the Browns, and the Baltimore Colts. It won't happen, I don't think the NFL wants to deal with hundreds of thousands of very angry Bills fans. ;)

I don't think there are any fans that are more "die-hard" than Browns fans.

Patrick76777
12-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I've always loved the Browns and they're only 2.5 hours down the road.

There was a time that I said I would be a Browns fan, but now that I have 3 kids, and I'm so busy, I think I would just bail on the league. It would be crazy, but I think I'd enjoy it.

That being said, I remember back in the late 80's when the move was right around the corner. Well almost 20 years later, we're still here. And in 20 more years we'll still be here, and then 20 years after that we'll still be here. And in 20 years after that, I'll be dead and I won't care.

Go Bills.

Earthquake Enyart
12-05-2006, 01:17 PM
a lot of us will abandon the NFL if we lose the Bills...same way Buffalo Braves fans abandoned Pro Basketball when the Braves became the LA Clippers
Who is this "us"?

The Braves sold off all their good players except for Randy Smith. He was the only real player of note that went to SD.

BillsFanUK
12-05-2006, 01:22 PM

I'd still support the Bills if they relocated but not as much because they belong in Buffalo:beer:

BillsNick
12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I'd still support the Bills if they relocated but not as much because they belong in Buffalo:beer:

:welcome: to the Zone :up:

BillsFanUK
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
:welcome: to the Zone :up:

Thanks mate:bandwagon

Michael82
12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks mate:bandwagon
Yeah, Welcome to BillsZone. :up: Sorry I groaned you, but I don't know how anyone could find themselves to support the imposter team if they leave Buffalo. Could you imagine the Browns fans being happy about their old Cleveland Browns team winning the Super Bowl? And Art Modell? No chance in hell! :ill:

Earthquake Enyart
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Welcome to BillsZone. :up: Sorry I groaned you, but I don't know how anyone could find themselves to support the imposter team if they leave Buffalo. Could you imagine the Browns fans being happy about their old Cleveland Browns team winning the Super Bowl? And Art Modell? No chance in hell! :ill:
Hey Mike, are you one of the "us" when Phil says "us"?

Michael82
12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey Mike, are you one of the "us" when Phil says "us"?
Not all the time.

Earthquake Enyart
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Not all the time.
Some of the time?

How does Phil know if you're in or not? Is there a secret code?

Historian
12-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I lived in Philly, Washington, and Tampa, but I hate NFC football.

I would pretty much be done with the NFL, save for an occasional Browns game on TV.

When the Braves left, I quit watching the NBA all together.

And I was a big fan.

Michael82
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Some of the time?

It's kinda like when I and other people talk about the Buffalo Bills.....The word we is used a lot. Or We're I don't think Phil is speaking for anyone personally. He is just using that term because he knows that there is a bunch of people that feel the same way. When he says we, he is talking about himself mainly, but also whoever else feels the same way.

Michael82
12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I lived in Philly, Washington, and Tampa, but I hate NFC football.

I would pretty much be done with the NFL, save for an occasional Browns game on TV.

When the Braves left, I quit watching the NBA all together.

And I was a big fan.
Good post. I know it's a small league...but I felt the same way with the AFL when they took my Rochester Brigade and Buffalo Destroyers teams away. I was watching it and was a season ticket holder, but when it was ripped from me, I stopped caring about it.

Earthquake Enyart
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
It's kinda like when I and other people talk about the Buffalo Bills.....The word we is used a lot. Or We're I don't think Phil is speaking for anyone personally. He is just using that term because he knows that there is a bunch of people that feel the same way. When he says we, he is talking about himself mainly, but also whoever else feels the same way.
What if he thinks other people feel the same way, but he is dilusional instead?

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 04:47 PM

they went to san diego. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM

like the QB we have now,some people are getting tired of it.

BILLSROCK1212
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
hells no never ever ever!!!! I am a Bills fan firstly because I love them and secondly they are the only NFL team in the state of New York. If they moved to lets say Long Island which I'd love cas that is where i live id root for them if they moved into Pennsylvania barely out of New York i still wouldnt root for them. BILLS IN NY!!!!

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Some of the time?

lol, leave Phil alone! He is a good dude. :box:

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
If the Bills left Buffalo, I would lose interest in the NFL period.

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 06:13 PM

:monkeyp: Philster

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
He's had some personal grudge against me for years and I had never done anything to him :idunno:
I consider it an honor that he hates me so much :D

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
He's had some personal grudge against me for years and I had never done anything to him :idunno:
I consider it an honor that he hates me so much :D

I know why Sabz hates you. Because your a "licker". :lol:

The_Philster
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
which means that a "licker" is someone who can see the game and place the blame where it lies, whether it be the O-line, RB, WR, QB, ST, LBs, DL, DBs, etc. instead of always with the QB :scratch:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM

once again,in Licker-like fashion,you jump to conclusions. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
which means that a "licker" is someone who can see the game and place the blame where it lies, whether it be the O-line, RB, WR, QB, ST, LBs, DL, DBs, etc. instead of always with the QB :scratch:

ditto here too...... :shakeno:

im4bflo
12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Hell NO!
What a stupid question.
They're my home town team, and I bleed the red,white&blue.
If they seized to exist, then F the NFL!
They better not move!

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 11:24 PM
once again,in Licker-like fashion,you jump to conclusions. :shakeno:
Oral fixation? You sure have a thing with the word "licker" as of late.

jamze132
12-06-2006, 04:08 AM
You can only donkey punch your dog so many times before he stops coming when you call him.

I think when Ralph fired Donahoe, a lot of fans knew that we were going to rebuils so they decided to put the Bills in a holding pattern before they invested anymore money into a ****ty product. However, now we are getting slammed across the media for being the only team to not sell out this year.

What has happened is that the local fans that stopped going to the games have taken for granted the fact that Buffalo has an NFL team. A lot never thought that the Bills would relocate. But it is becoming a reality way too fast.

BuffaloRanger
12-06-2006, 04:20 AM
If the Bills moved, humm, how would I react...

I'd quit my job, divorce my wife, and go "underground"

NFL headquarters would cease to be. Boom.

Think fight club but with NFL Stadiums blowing up instead of Credit Card Buildings.

There's someone crazy enough from Buffalo in every NFL city to pull that off. Maybe it wouldn't happen right away, but once the guard was let down...Boom.

If Buffalo can't have football, nobody can.

Haha. Of course I'm just kidding because Big Tom Golisano will keep the Bills in Buffalo. But if that fell through....

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-06-2006, 06:55 AM
TacklingDummy I live almost 4 hours away and I have season tickets. Haven't missed a home game in three years. Like Mikey said a part of me would die if we lost the Bills. I would despise the NFL for a long time....................

Michael82
12-06-2006, 08:32 AM
If the Bills moved, humm, how would I react...

I'd quit my job, divorce my wife, and go "underground"

NFL headquarters would cease to be. Boom.

Think fight club but with NFL Stadiums blowing up instead of Credit Card Buildings.

There's someone crazy enough from Buffalo in every NFL city to pull that off. Maybe it wouldn't happen right away, but once the guard was let down...Boom.

If Buffalo can't have football, nobody can.

Haha. Of course I'm just kidding because Big Tom Golisano will keep the Bills in Buffalo. But if that fell through....
:evil:

Mad Bomber
12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I've been a Bills fan since the early '60s, when I was a young kid. They were a part of my growing up. They weren't just a professional team, they WERE Buffalo. Growing up, I lived and died by every Sunday's game. When the Bills won, life was good. The cold, damp weather didn't chill so badly. When the Bills lost, it only intensified the dreariness that is fall/winter in Western New York. The days seemed even more gray and depressing.

I moved away from the Buffalo area almost 30 years ago (1977) and have lived in Iowa, New Orleans, and the NYC area. When I lived in New Orleans, the ONLY Saints game I went to was when the Bills came into town. I'll never forget that playoff game against SD when I was in NO that we lost.

As far as the NFL goes, the ONLY team that I have PASSION for is the Bills. To me they represent my home.

If they were to move away from Buffalo, they would be dead to me, because they wouln't be the BUFFALO Bills.

I would go so far to say that they would be my LEAST favorite team in the NFL. I would root for EVERY team that played against them, including the Fins, Pats and Jets.

I would still follow the NFL, simply because I LOVE football. However, I would have no PASSION for ANY team. That would be reserved for my college teams, Iowa and LSU.

im4bflo
12-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I've been a Bills fan since the early '60s, when I was a young kid. They were a part of my growing up. They weren't just a professional team, they WERE Buffalo. Growing up, I lived and died by every Sunday's game. When the Bills won, life was good. The cold, damp weather didn't chill so badly. When the Bills lost, it only intensified the dreariness that is fall/winter in Western New York. The days seemed even more gray and depressing.

I moved away from the Buffalo area almost 30 years ago (1977) and have lived in Iowa, New Orleans, and the NYC area. When I lived in New Orleans, the ONLY Saints game I went to was when the Bills came into town. I'll never forget that playoff game against SD when I was in NO that we lost.

As far as the NFL goes, the ONLY team that I have PASSION for is the Bills. To me they represent my home.

If they were to move away from Buffalo, they would be dead to me, because they wouln't be the BUFFALO Bills.

I would go so far to say that they would be my LEAST favorite team in the NFL. I would root for EVERY team that played against them, including the Fins, Pats and Jets.

I would still follow the NFL, simply because I LOVE football. However, I would have no PASSION for ANY team. That would be reserved for my college teams, Iowa and LSU.
:bf1:

paladin warrior
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
No I don't think that Bills will move or there will be no Buffalo Bills in the future. Because If Bills Move out or no more Buffalo Bills how the possilbe will be three teams Jets/NE/Fins in AFC East . Can't have three teams in the AFC east. Must have 4 teams In the AFC East.

PECKERWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
No I don't think that Bills will move or there will be no Buffalo Bills in the future. Because If Bills Move out or no more Buffalo Bills how the possilbe will be three teams Jets/NE/Fins in AFC East . Can't have three teams in the AFC east. Must have 4 teams In the AFC East.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM

the paladin warrior is correct. :up:

Crisis
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM

POST.OF.THE.YEAR.

Marvelous
12-08-2006, 03:11 AM
I follow them. I don't live in NY anymore and haven't since i was 10. That was over 20 years ago.. So yeah, i'll follow them.. But i understand that the Bilsl leaving would rip the heart outta that city and all of western NY.. We just need a new stadium sooner or later.