PDA

View Full Version : John Fox should be fired.

Ebenezer
12-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Let me get this right. The Panthers go the length of the field, survive a fumble and have the ball at the Philly 7 and??? Throw a pass?? All they needed was a FG. Run the ball once and kick the stupid FG and go to OT. Have the coaches in the NFL lost their mind?

clumping platelets
12-04-2006, 11:45 PM
NO!!! He should have thrown it to Steve Smith :D

evol4276
12-05-2006, 12:16 AM
they make the playoffs nearly every year.... he shouldnt be fired tho that was a gutsy call but reemember it was 1st and goal with 30-some seconds left

Ebenezer
12-05-2006, 01:02 AM
two out of three things that happen when you throw the ball are bad...

don137
12-05-2006, 05:19 AM
I agree they should of thrown to Smith. He catches everything even in the most tightest coverage.
The game also was decided by the refs. The ball was in the air and Sheppard clearly pushes off of Keyshawn Johnson and intercepts the ball. How that wasn't called is beyond me. I guess the refs were afraid of Philly fans. This league is becoming a joke with such bad officiating. That is one reason why I don't get as worked up as I used to about football. After the miracle city miracle I realized the officials are so bad in the NFL that why get so worked up over a game to have it decided by poor officiating. Once the game ends I may speak up about the game but I don't let it upset me. This past Sunday was definitely a true test.

ddaryl
12-05-2006, 05:37 AM
I don't think it was a real bad call. 30 seconds left you need to take a shot at the win. Being satisfied with OT is the girly way of going for the win IMO.

Remember if you want to make a few eggs you have to break a couple of omlettes

ICE74129
12-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Yeah fire a guy that has been to the superbowl, kept his team from going tits up with 13 starters on IR including 3 probowlers one year and has a winning record. Oh and just went to the NFC Championship last year.

Again we see the typical Buffalo Bills fan attitude at work.

CuseJetsFan83
12-05-2006, 06:31 AM
as far as boneheaded mistakes, i would blame delhomme.... fox is a great coach...... sadly i fear he has a marv levy'esque feel to him, wonderful coach but cant take the team to the promised land

i still like the panthers outta the nfc, considering they are my least hated team still in the running there, and well..... its not dallas or chicago..........

to say he should be fired is assanine......... should he be put on a shorter leash, sure why not...... you dont want a downward spiral

!Papacrunk!
12-05-2006, 07:14 AM
if it wasn't for knee jerk reactions, would a football fan have any reactions at all?

Tatonka
12-05-2006, 07:47 AM
that int cost me 300$.. so i think they should do more than fire fox.. i think they should kill him. and that suck ass qb of theirs too..

and kill keyshawn for jumping 8 hours too early..

that whole teams sucks a tird.

don137
12-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Well a couple things. It is typical Henning and his predictable self. Sheppard said afterwards he knew they were going to run that play so he just got in position for it. Blame Henning for the play call. However, you really can't blame Jake for the throw but you can blame him for who he threw it to. He should of thrown to Smith no matter how much coverage was on him. He catches everything. However the throw itself was not bad. He put it wear it was suppose to be. After the ball was in the air Sheppard pushed off of Keyshawn so it slowed Johnson down and he was not in position to make the catch. By pushing off it put Shepard in position to make the catch. If there was no interference Keyshawn would of been in position to catch the ball.

DraftBoy
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Bad Throw, Good no call, bad jump by keyshaun. He had time to get back into a posistion to make a play on the ball and Sheppard didnt push off as much as he impeded Keyshaun's route and stopped his momentum, the smart play was a screen pass, or a throw to Steve Smith. Jake Delholmme showed again last night why he is the biggest pansy ass QB in the NFL. Man cant take a hit to save his life.

Michael82
12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing about it being a dumb call. He had two timeouts and his running back was doing good in that drive. Run the ball twice and try to get it in. If it doesn't work...kick the ****ing field goal.

ICE74129
12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Bad Throw, Good no call, bad jump by keyshaun. He had time to get back into a posistion to make a play on the ball and Sheppard didnt push off as much as he impeded Keyshaun's route and stopped his momentum, the smart play was a screen pass, or a throw to Steve Smith. Jake Delholmme showed again last night why he is the biggest pansy ass QB in the NFL. Man cant take a hit to save his life.

I hate to say it but its time for Carolina to start looking at a QB and do so quickly. In fact I would look to move up some and take one in the first round this year while addressing that crap of an OL they have in Free agency

BillsFever21
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
It was just a bad play by Delhomme.

They have a chance to win the game right there if they get a TD pass. It just happened to be a bad pass. Many other times they work out for TD's.

When you're that close you have to play to WIN the game and not for OT. You have a better shot at winning the game there then you do in OT.

I would be mad if my team didn't attempt to score a TD. Only a pussy would do that. You have to play to win and not to lose.

Had they kicked a FG and went into OT and lost the game then the same people would be saying how stupid he was to not try and win the game there.

His teams go to the playoffs every season and he also went to the SB. One play that doesn't work out and I guess he should be fired. That's funny.

Typ0
12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Let me get this right. The Panthers go the length of the field, survive a fumble and have the ball at the Philly 7 and??? Throw a pass?? All they needed was a FG. Run the ball once and kick the stupid FG and go to OT. Have the coaches in the NFL lost their mind?

you're kidding me? You are saying they have plenty of time on the clock to run four plays, they are on the 7 and they should play for OT? LOL. That's stupid they may never even get the ball back if they play with that attitude.