PDA

View Full Version : coy wire,please God say it aint so

oak tree 12
12-05-2006, 08:08 AM
anyone here feel the same as i do:candle: , if we start wire @ linebacker were in worse shape than i ever dreamed of. i dont know the problem with ellison but imo he played very well in spikes place. i love juron but is he really gonna start a 5'11 ,215 lb linebacker,if ellison,degregorio or haggin cant play before wire then we need 3 new linebackers,something is wrong here!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 08:25 AM
anyone here feel the same as i do:candle: , if we start wire @ linebacker were in worse shape than i ever dreamed of. i dont know the problem with ellison but imo he played very well in spikes place. i love juron but is he really gonna start a 5'11 ,215 lb linebacker,if ellison,degregorio or haggin cant play before wire then we need 3 new linebackers,something is wrong here!!!!!!!!

When Coy Wire is playing linebacker I'm scared. Just what we need is another white guy in the trenches. I think Jauron thinks he's coaching Yale.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Dude how big is Ellison? Not much bigger. Ellison did well in TKO's spot but Crowell plays a different position. Who cares anyway? We aren't making the playoffs!

Jauron733
12-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Jauron doesn't seem to like it when players miss a good chunk of time to injury like Ellison just did. He's probably right, it probably takes a few more weeks to get back into true "playing shape."

Also I think Wire is significantly bigger than his listed weight. He looks like he pumped up in the offseason. Let's just hope he's a better linebacker than he is a safety.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Who cares anyway? We aren't making the playoffs!

You should care because we are developing players for next year, like JP. Having our D put us in big holes changes the way we play and that's not good for this team.

Meathead
12-05-2006, 08:48 AM
man i just dont get it

who the hell says wire cant play lb? he was thrust into the game at lb for the first time since college and dick said he did well. that alone is impressive

given that the team is headed nowhere this season, why the hell would you care that the coaches want to give him a shot there?

and whats all this fixation on his listed weight? this just in: theres this magical thing you can do with the right food and pixie dust. its called bulking up

some of yall are pretty seriously whack

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 08:50 AM
man i just dont get it

who the hell says wire cant play lb? he was thrust into the game at lb for the first time since college and dick said he did well. that alone is impressive

given that the team is headed nowhere this season, why the hell would you care that the coaches want to give him a shot there?

and whats all this fixation on his listed weight? this just in: theres this magical thing you can do with the right food and pixie dust. its called bulking up

some of yall are pretty seriously whack I hope you'll be starting a *****es thread for Wire like you do for Reed every week. That only means he's playing well.

Meathead
12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
well im not actually predicting that wire will be good like i did with reed but i dont see any reason to go hating on the guy before he gets the chance to play a bit at the spot

i admit hes had a couple of missed tackles at conspicuous times the last couple years but i recall when he was the starter and playing regular at ss he tackled very well and hit like a freight train. if he can bring that to the lb spot he could be at the very worst a nice guy to have for depth. and since hes played both safety spots as well as a demon on st that could make him even more valuable to the team and keep him around

some people need somebody to hate and with lindell, losman, gandy, and clements all doing well now i guess it falls on wire

oak tree 12
12-05-2006, 09:01 AM
man i just dont get it

some of yall are pretty seriously whack

give me a break,juron also said ellison haden't practiced much and he obviously didnt feel comfortable playing him ,what did you expect him to say,wire su-ked!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you really would like to see wire playing linebacker for the bills then there is no sense in arguing with you because you obviously have no clue!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
well im not actually predicting that wire will be good like i did with reed but i dont see any reason to go hating on the guy before he gets the chance to play a bit at the spot

i admit hes had a couple of missed tackles at conspicuous times the last couple years but i recall when he was the starter and playing regular at ss he tackled very well and hit like a freight train. if he can bring that to the lb spot he could be at the very worst a nice guy to have for depth. and since hes played both safety spots as well as a demon on st that could make him even more valuable to the team and keep him around

some people need somebody to hate and with lindell, losman, gandy, and clements all doing well now i guess it falls on wire You know he'll always play hard and give you 150% every snap. Sometimes it may not be enough though if he doesn't have it in between his ears. He was a liability against the pass as a safety. I wonder if it'll be the same at lb though. I hope he can shed off blockers. Up until Sunday, a guy like Parrish could block Spikes.

Meathead
12-05-2006, 09:14 AM
id by lying if i said i wasnt concerned with wires coverage abilities but at least at lb the coverage expectations are lower. if he can demonstrate the ability to get to the ball carrier and make tackles thats all they will really need

i dont know if he will do it but im pulling for him. i dont know why anybody wouldnt. his value on st and as a capable backup is unquestionable, anything he can do to add value elsewhere helps the team. and its not like theyre paying him a boatload either so wtf

mchurchfie
12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Just what we needed to do, lose another 30 lbs on our undersize front seven.:ill:

BillsFanUK
12-05-2006, 03:06 PM

Yeah, we need some proper Linebackers on our roster

Mahdi
12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Dude how big is Ellison? Not much bigger. Ellison did well in TKO's spot but Crowell plays a different position. Who cares anyway? We aren't making the playoffs!
Actually when Takeo was out Crowell played his position while Ellison played Crowell's, so Ellison would just be going back to where he started the beginning of the season.

shelby
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Some facts....he seemed to do well at ILB at Stanford:

One of the team leaders in 2001 and key weapon on the Cardinal defense, he finished his career with 177 tackles (111 solos), 11 sacks for minus 70 yards and 26 stops for losses of 108 yards.

<HR>2001 SEASON

All-American second-team selection by The NFL Draft Report … All-Pac 10 Conference first-team choice … Started every game at inside linebacker, leading the team for the second-straight year with a career-high 92 tackles (52 solos) … Had three sacks for minus 24 yards and 12 stops for losses of 49 yards … Recovered a fumble and blocked a kick … Had a pair of pass deflections and two quarterback pressures.

Preseason - Bothered in spring drills by shin cramps.
Boston College - Opened the season with a 7-tackle (6 solos) performance.
Arizona State - Followed with a 12-tackle (8 solos) effort.
Washington State - Added 11c tackles (6 solos) as he sacked QB Jason Gesser for a 10-yard loss and made 4 stops for losses of 24 yards.
Oregon - Totaled 7 tackles.
UCLA - Assisted on a 3-yard sack and came up with 9 tackles (5 solos).
Arizona - Returned a fumble recovery 89 yards for a touchdown.
California - Posted 11 tackles (6 solos) with 3 stops behind the line of scrimmage.
Notre Dame - Registered a career-high 15 tackles (10 solos) as he stopped tailback Tony Fisher twice for losses of 8 yards.
San Jose State - Collected 6 tackles (4 solos) and 1.5 sacks for minus 11 yards.
Georgia Tech (Seattle Bowl) - Had a team-high 11 tackles (5 solos), including one that stopped tailback Joe Burns behind the line of scrimmage.<HR>2000 SEASON

Started 10 games at inside linebacker and was named All-Pac 10 Conference honorable mention … He was among the league's top 10 in tackles (81 total, 7.4 tpg), sacks (tied for sixth with eight) and tackles for loss (tied for 10th with 14) … Led the team with 81 tackles (57 solos) as he totaled 46 yards on eight sacks and 59 yards in losses on 14 stops … Had an 11-yard interception return, four pass deflections and a fumble recovery … Winner of two team awards: the Gundelach Award as the team's top junior, and the Russell-Huston Award as the player exemplifying the highest standard of leadership, aggressiveness and competitive attitude.

link (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/wire_coy.htm)

Give the kid a shot, it's not as if we're making the playoffs this season....and he may surprise a bunch of you haters.

Ebenezer
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Some facts....he seemed to do well at ILB at Stanford:

LB at Stanford might qualify him for the CFL.

Give the kid a shot, it's not as if we're making the playoffs this season....and he may surprise a bunch of you haters.

I've heard the guy talk on more than one occasion. His play on the field is not much more impressive. I'm still wondering how he got into Stanford (or judging by the way he talks found the campus).

RockStar36
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Actually when Takeo was out Crowell played his position while Ellison played Crowell's, so Ellison would just be going back to where he started the beginning of the season.

Crowell filled in for TKO last year but Ellison was TKO's replacement this season. Crowell was moved over to take over for Posey when he was cut.

Ebenezer
12-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Crowell filled in for TKO last year but Ellison was TKO's replacement this season. Crowell was moved over to take over for Posey when he was cut.
On the pre-game on Sunday they were discussing how Spikes is playing in Posey's old position.

RockStar36
12-05-2006, 05:11 PM
On the pre-game on Sunday they were discussing how Spikes is playing in Posey's old position.

Oh. That's news to me then.

gr8slayer
12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hell maybe Wire will finally show us what he has now that he is back to his natural position. Trust me being a lineman I can tell you that I would rather have a huge LB to hit than a small LB, their faster and quicker. Drives fat guys crazy.