PDA

View Full Version : DT's are down right awful again....

bigbub2352
12-05-2006, 08:39 AM
For every one play a DT on this team makes they let up 10 good runs, Every team knows how to beat the Bills this year run the football, we have not stopped anyone,

Larry Triplett at best is a siuational pass rush DT, i was at the game against SD and watched him consistently get pushed 5 yards back on every run play, but did provide decent push on pass plays and has a great motor just way to small 285lbs

Tim Anderson is a joke and probably should not be playin in the league and should stick with Pizza, on the short yardage and goalline plays when LT scored his second TD he was on his back three plays in a row

Kyle Williams is a rookie and is the only one i give a small pass too, we consistently gets a push and has to be double teamed out of the whole, but he does get blown out ofthe whole with alarming consistency, he is also a decent pass rusher, but against the run he is gettin beat by double teams

Anthony Hargrove is 265lbs and is utterly useless against the run at DT, he does provide a good pass rush and looks to be emerged as a leader on D but is playing out of position, he is a DE and plays like one so what buffalo is doin here is really not workin, he is pushed right off the ball on run plays and against the pass provides a push but he is a speed rusher and would be better suited for outside rush not goin up against double teams

Jason Jefferson would not be on an NFL roster if it werent for our bad coaching enough said there

DJ, and Perry Fewel schemes against the run ARE NOT WORKING, and they do nothing to correct this game in and game out, they need this offseason to get some DL in here that can play this system or we are introuble again next year for sure!!!

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 08:53 AM
For every one play a DT on this team makes they let up 10 good runs, Every team knows how to beat the Bills this year run the football, we have not stopped anyone,

Bub, you are a very good poster. You know your stuff. I totally agree with the above.

I think Hargrove needs to play at DE as well. Tweedle dee and Tweedle dumb (Kelsay and Denney) sum up the whole TD era. Two draft picks that together don't equal one good player.

I really believe that Hargrove, Tripplett, Schobel, McCargo, Ellsison will all develop into a solid group. However we need to replace Anderson, Jefferson, Kelsay, and Denney. I will really question this organization if any of them are still here.

ICE74129
12-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Its just fact, we need bigger bodies.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Listen, we are not as bad off as you are thinking. Williams is a solid DT and Tripplett is a good DT as well. Although Williams is solid ( still a rookie btw.. ) he cannot command the double teams like 1 technique DTs in the Tampa 2 are required to do, thus teams are doubling Tripplett. Once we get a 1 technique DT that can command double teams, it will free up Tripplett and McCargo ( when he is healthy.. ) to make plays. Keep in mind that Williams is still a rookie and it usually takes defensive tackles a couple of years to settle in. We are one stud tackle away from a very solid DL.

bigbub2352
12-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I guess u havent watched the games to well then i mean come on any team that gives up a 150 yds rushing a game and 2 rushing TD's a game, cant stop an offense when driving in the 4th quarter and amounts to a 5-7 record is a good DL, Kyle Williams is undersized and will neve be more than a situational DT not an ever down DL, Triplett has done absolutley nothing to warrant the money we gave him, he had 10 tackles all seson goin into the game and also has 1 in a half sacks all comin in one game out of the 12 we already played, hmmmm plus the fact that anytime a offense needs a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 or goaline they get the first down keep the clock runnin and usually score, the defense gets walked on at will and part of that is the scheme, i agree with Ice and Hurricane Size Matters, two guys that both are the size of DE's in a normal Working defense doesnt cut it, nothin u can say will say my opionion, i just say look up the stats of every game played see what the rushing totals were for each game then get back to me!!